What is your favourite reference?

Started by Magic Nova, 2015 Nov 10, 01:05:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Magic Nova

What is your favourite direct/subtle reference(s) to other media (books, film, games, etc.) in the show so far?

Aria BIaze

Probably all the greek mythology references.  X3

Silver-Arrow

My favorite reference has always been the Back to the Future reference in the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 episode, for really no particular reason other than the fact that I really like Back to the Future. Also because there aren't many other references that I can recall aside from the blatant ones.

AppleMiner

Apple doesnt know, maybe the reference to the illuminattis when celestia showed she put cameras everywhere to watch twilight's whole life.

There is more than we know about princess sunbutt xD

souldier

In the 100th episode, Slice of Life, when Doctor Whooves says Allons-y while wearing a scarf that the 4th doctor wears

Plus I have to give them props in putting brony paired up characters into the show, when Octavia and Vinyl jumped the shark, Gummy's thoughts, and making Derpy a mane character of an episode. (Also, if you have not seen bronies react and/or haven't seen it in the episode, when all the background ponies that were on vinyl's mobile dj booth and it was doing a time-lapse transition before they hit the twi-cane, there is a flash of an image with guys with horse masks, no lie)
how ya doin

Jet Streak

"Now it's time to fight like MEN! and LADIES! and LADIES who dress like MEN! For Gilgamesh It's Morphin Time!" -Gligamesh
"I just don't know what went wrong." - Grey mare of legend.

dr.induction

In Princess Spike, the two pones he had to deal with first, the mare resembles the sheriff in the movie Fargo, more of an adult reference being an older very known movie. I had a very good laugh when I saw that :3

GumballFan

I wonder why nobody said Doctor Who yet.

marshmallowfluff

There is so so so many ;A; but during discords song "Glass of Water" i really enjoyed the harry potter refrence as well as the losengers commercial lol but a lot of this season (season 6) the titles have been refrences to songs and movies and i really like that as well  (i.e. Stranger than Fanfiction being a refrence to stranger than fiction and so on)
Discord: Marshy_fluff (#4884)

Feel free to add me! And look for me in LOE, I need friendos! <3

Zodia195

It's a tie between my favorite anime to one of my favorite movies and both are in the season 6 premiere.  Only one is in Part 1 and the other Part 2.

One is a Sailor Moon reference in the flashback of Kunzite and Venus in pony form, and the 2nd is a Dark Crystal reference (Big Jim confirmed it) of when Sunburst inserts the smaller crystal into the Crystal Heart.  In the Dark Crystal movie, the main character Jen inserts a Crystal shard into the Dark Crystal.  That moment was just as epic lol.

Elphyda

Doctor Who's reference to Harry Potter was great.  That was way back in the Tennant era of the show, though.

Sky Arrow

The Attack on Titan poster in the Sombra comic
~insert clever signature here~

Go Up