Latest Purchase (or free gift from others).

Started by Little Judas, 2013 May 20, 09:07:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Judas

2013 May 20, 09:07:26 Last Edit: 2013 May 26, 04:58:45 by Little Judas
Post here your latest purchases in music, any music. CD's, Vinyl's, Singles, DVD's, Accessories, ...
Rate them and recommend them to others, abhor them and warn others not to buy them or anything in between.

If you have a different opinion, please don't be shy to say it, just keep it... pleasant.

I'll start, last week I bought 2 albums of The Moody Blues.
Days of Future Passed and In Search of the Lost Chord. Both with a lot of bonus track
I made this purchase solely because of one song, Nights in White Satin, which was so impressive, a combination of orchestral, psychedelic and progressive rock.
That was the reason I wanted DoFP at least. The reason I bought ISotLC was mostly because it was a buget-package .
After listening to both of them it's obvious that DoFP is the most orchestral of the two, then again it was recorded with an orchestra.
But orchestra or not I recommend them both to all fans of either orchestral, psychedelic or progressive rock.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Sea Foam

Oddly enough, In Search of the Lost Chord was one of the more recent vinyls I picked up.
It's been a while since I've been record hunting, sadly.  :c

Though it may not have been recent, I was lucky enough to have found In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson.
It looks and sounds stunning on record.  :3
60's Progressive rock at its finest with distinct jazzy elements.

Here's the most known track off the album:
Spoiler: show

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Little Judas

You may have given me my new target.
I've known and listened to it for quite some time, but I've never seem to have bought it.
My father has it on vinyl but I want a CD-collection of my own.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Detective Woona

2013 May 21, 14:34:43 #3 Last Edit: 2013 May 21, 14:36:24 by Detective Woona
I just so happened to have purchased two albums a couple of days ago.
Rhapsody of Fire - Power of the Dragon Flame
Beyond Twilight - For The Love Of Art And The Making
Here's a little sampler, in case you were curious.

Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

McSleuthburger

the new daft punk album  :3
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

AlDeezy

OC Remix Albums count? I recently picked up their "Sonic Augmentation" album based off the Deus Ex franchise. I /highly/ (that's italics within italics, there) recommend it to others.

Little Judas

Quote from: AlDeezy on 2013 May 25, 11:40:25
OC Remix Albums count?

As long as you bought it in real life, then yes.

AlDeezy

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 25, 12:42:34
As long as you bought it in real life, then yes.

They are by default free, so I guess you could say I paid its $0.00 in full. Cash. Exact change.

HaponyHanzo

Little Judas

Somewhere between now and 10 workdays, I will receive:
Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (thanks to Sea Foam for unknowingly pointing out the absence of this record)
Opeth - Orchid

@Detective Woona: I listened to Power of the Dragon Flame and "Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness" is one hell of an epic song.

Jack_Daft

Folks still purchase music? Perish the thought.

But some good pieces from you ponies here with Black Sabbath, the new Daft Punk album, etc. it's been awhile since I actually purchased/obtained a physical of produced music, so we'll break it down.

Last physical piece of music purchased at a major music chain (FYE): They Might Be Giants - Apollo 18

Last piece of music purchased at a thrift store/music trader/really discounted: Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

Latest album purchased digitally: Armin Van Buuren - Intense <---- Seeing him perform in Washington DC this September!   :D  I'm as giddy as a school filly!

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Go Up