Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 01, 01:49:52
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jun 01, 01:09:28
The bad rap pitbulls get. I've met two pitbulls, and I know that's just two of thousands, but they were THE sweetest, gentlest dogs I had ever met. I know two dogs can't erase a history of bad, but I know they aren't the only nice ones. :(

Let's see...
When I was a kid, a terrier bit my face. I ended up with blood gushing from the bridge of my nose.
Also when I was a kid, my grandma had a chihuahua that tried to attack me one day.
And, again, when I was a kid, my parents' friend had a kinda small dog that attacked me.

The thing about that third dog is that it was a really annoying situation, looking back.
When I first met her, she sniffed me, then bit my shin. It hurt. Later, she ambushed me and bit my ankle. I continued having to be afraid of being attacked by this dog until the owner's children who were younger than me finally told me how to get her to stop attacking me. I had to feed her to get her to like me, so I did, and it worked. She never attacked me again.

I wanna know why the adult owner didn't tell me this or help me. :l None of the adults helped, simply because this dog wasn't doing too much damage. Regardless, I was afraid.

A friend of mine was bitten by a dalmatian when she reached through the fence to pet it.
Another friend's neighbor has an extremely territorial German shepherd who will go to the fence and start barking and snarling at you just for being in my friend's backyard. He even lunged at the fence toward my friend's golden retriever, who didn't even look at him. The golden is a female, by the way.

My grandma has a miniature pinscher who's very anxious, and I have to keep an eye out for signs of nervousness and fear, such as her turning her head away from people and licking her lips a lot. She actually warned a 6-year-old child who was freaking her out, by lunging toward the child's hand and doing a very loud bark.
I have been bitten by that minpin before because she became upset while I was prying a plastic-wrapped hard candy from her mouth.
She also gets upset to the point of biting if you mess with her ears, tail, or paws too much, especially if you try to clip her nails. Her bites never break skin, but they do hurt.

My cousin's daughter was bitten when she hugged her big dog around the neck too tight. The dog took her head into his mouth and bit down. She even required stitches.

My point?
Any breed has the potential to be dangerous. There are many factors involved. :\

Plus, there's the fact that it's not uncommon for people to misidentify a breed or mixbreed and claim that it's a pit bull when it is not. This is troublesome when it comes to attack cases and, especially, bans. When a ban is placed, some of the dogs that're taken away aren't pit bulls.
There's even a quiz game where you try to identify an American Pit Bull Terrier among other pure breeds.

I know every dog can be dangerous, but the fact that everyone praises every other breed, but pitbulls and German shepherds seem to be seen as, "dangerous dogs. No exceptions." Every one I see are really sweet, or otherwise barking simply because I walked too close to the gate. It frustrates me because small dogs honestly seem more vicious to me, yet they're the flawless angels.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Teal Turken

2013 Jun 01, 11:32:53 #9501 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 01, 15:51:23 by Teal Turken
When I was an infant, I was bit on the face by a dog. I don't know what breed it was. I have small scars on my face to this day
from that.

EDIT

Next month is July...
I don't like the fourth of July! D:
I'm scared of fireworks and I'm afraid to look up into the sky most of the time and my parents always plan for us to go out to eat and watch fireworks!
Even if I wasn't scared of fireworks I don't care much for them, they're just lights! I don't see the appeal to them at all, they're boring! So boring!
I just want to bypass that whole day....

PPBG

I'm afraid of dogs. I don't really have a good reason either...
Well, I'm afraid of many things, including bees, bicycles, and cars...
And knives. And guns.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Jenzy

Pshhh... Boring?

Well that's debatable....

For some reason, I adore fireworks, and its vivid display in the sky. Much like stars and such.

'Nother thing that scares me or annoys me is the fact my friends absolutely DO NOT GIVE A CARE ABOUT ANYTHING!!! Absolutely careless, or easily unamused. Ah, such as life... :l

Jenzy

Kinda put it in tiny text...

Careless individuals in general... >.<

super_chris85

people who think they are above others when they are not

Pipkin

The milk truck driver backed into the store and broke a light.  I know you can't see alot driving backing up an 18 wheeler, but surely to Celestia you can see a flipping building.  I even had to take pictures for insurance because the boss didn't have his phone on him(surprisingly).

Also I figured out that I have to work the day before, of and after Canada Day, and being on salary this will horribly screw up my schedule for that week.  I'm so concerned about it i've already started working on it today...

Jenzy

In Roleplays. THIS...

"Well that's good."

Instead of

"Well that's good.," says Jerry.

People are just so lazy, and not include which character is speaking. A lot of 3-word posts...

I mean, it's only just... 2-words longer. And it's pretty dull sounding, when not even an expression is added from time to time. Like...

"Well that's good.," says Jerry, looking quite elated.

Julius

I'm feeling kinda down today...

I love Fireworks though, we have them on December here. A bit before December starts all the way through to January, every day. They're pretty and fun. A fireworks show with a certain special somepony would put a smile on my face right now... :)
Purr~

Teal Turken

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jun 01, 17:16:42
Pshhh... Boring?

Well that's debatable....

For some reason, I adore fireworks, and its vivid display in the sky. Much like stars and such.

Uh, I don't like fireworks and you can't convince me.
I don't think it's debatable.

Jenzy

That's what you think...

It's like pretty pretty art.

Some are just so "Meh" about it.

Again, carelessness of people. :l

Went to movie theater. Finding out seats are reserved.

Welp, looks like I won't get to see Star Trek 3D today. :\

Little Judas

2013 Jun 01, 20:28:59 #9512 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 01, 20:32:39 by Little Judas
Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jun 01, 20:12:26
Went to movie theater. Finding out seats are reserved.

Welp, looks like I won't get to see Star Trek 3D today. :\

Well, now that you know, you Khan keep Trek of it.

I wanted to convert some of my music to smaller files to fit more on my mp3
But I forgot to set it on 128kbps.

3 hours with a batch converter all for nothing.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Teal Turken

Being mad at people and feeling bad about it. :c
Sorry Jenzy...

The Wandering Magus

^^the puns lol

it's so warm today here >.<
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Julius

Jenzy, let it go. That "You must like what I like or else you're wrong" Attitude of yours is what makes people annoyed at you. If he doesn't like Fireworks then he doesn't and that's fine, stop trying to impose your opinions on others. :l
Purr~

Jenzy

Fireworks can be a work of art. They sure are a pretty show.

With really any phobia, I always come to Pinkie's solution.

Learn to face your fears
    You'll see that they can't hurt you

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jun 01, 19:15:04
I'm feeling kinda down today...

Same here...

It's OK... I guess...

Since today, I even had this argument with myself with this one loaded question:

"Why should I care?"

It's like every other day, I'm just, very very dark on the inside instead feeling any good around me. It freaks me out just thinking about it. I'm not usually in a dark mood.

Pretty much questioning existence... >.<

I probably need a break or something...

The Wandering Magus

when I think it's going to be cold/hot and it turns out a lot different than what I dressed for...
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Midnight Breeze

People who play Portal 2 coop in randoms need to learn how to close their mic or at least get a mic worth more than 50 cents that doesn't sound like they're in a tornado.

The Wandering Magus

when my computer freezes...

Go Up