Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Oct 11, 10:30:54
Boss battles in Pokemon when the boss appears to have infinite Hyper Potions....

or uses RECOVER every 2 turns so its hp is always full

Gravity_Equestria

The words "Hey" and "Listen" in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

Julius

Quote from: Gravity_Equestria on 2012 Oct 11, 11:44:04

That has never in my life bothered me. To tell you the truth I don't even notice! :P
Purr~

Xeno Aura

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 11, 11:54:43
Quote from: Gravity_Equestria on 2012 Oct 11, 11:44:04

That has never in my life bothered me. To tell you the truth I don't even notice! :P

When I played for the first time it annoyed me a bit, I wanted to have a look around, and she kept asking me to listen when I was trying to do other stuff. :P

I imagine if I played through now, already knowing where most things are, I probably wouldn't notice.

Chishio Kunrin

Games where you run around and stuff, but they don't let you jump when you want to.

Impossible parts, like when those stupid blockheads in Okami start getting harder.
Spoiler: Explanation • show
   In Okami, you sometimes run into these living stone walls called blockheads. The majority of them in the game block the way you need to go to progress in the story.
   To get past one, you have to headbutt him, and it'll show you a series of white dots on his body. You then have to paint dots on him exactly where you saw the dots, in order to crack and destroy him.
    The problem is, the placement of the dots is random every time, and they only appear momentarily,  not giving you time to write down where they were. Also, where you paint a dot has to be exactly where the dot was.

They could've at least programmed it to where you'd still get it if your dots were close enough. I ended up cheating to get past the one on Oni Island, using a method someone posted on the internet.
    You run into the blockhead on a walkway, high up on the fortress, so the programmers put an invisible wall on the side of the walkway so you wouldn't accidentally fall off if you went over the rail. Jump, headbutt the invisible wall, and if you do it right, you'll backflip over the blockhead. You're welcome.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

Those things in Okami were so easy for me. :P
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 11, 14:07:22
Those things in Okami were so easy for me. :P

They were easy for me until Oni Island. :c That guy frustrated me so much.

In fact, I hate Oni Island, mostly because of that blockhead and the stupid obstacle races with Tobi the Cheating Paper. Everything else in that fortress was easy, except those two things. The fight with ninetails was even fun.

Julius

Man I loved that game. :]

Watching Chugga play Okamiden now, since I don't own a DS and I don't want one. ^-^

Anywho, another thing that annoys me in video games would have to be... Unresponsive controls.  >:/
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Having to participate in multiple obstacle races against an NPC that can float over the obstacles. The only advantage you get is spamming an ability that slows time for 4 seconds, and it's not that much of an advantage unless you get a running start and do not mess up or hit any obstacles. And it's in your best interest to renew the slow-time every 3 seconds.

AbsoluteZero

Ok, so... I'm playing Persona 3: FES edition... and I'm on the final boss, Nyx Avatar.
It was pretty rough battle, and I was almost ready to finish him off and end the game. This was long and excruciating, and I was running out of supplies. However, the boss only needed like one or two attacks and then he would die.
Time to be happy, right?

Wrong.

I made one error (I forgot to guard), and my team suffered for it as they suffered a massive attack that drained most of their life.

However, I had a character who had Diarhan, which essentially ALWAYS heals a person up to their max hp.
So, being the awesome AI he is, he decides to cast it.

However, before it is his turn, the boss does this move which CHARMS the healer, which means whatever action he was going to do was going to be in favor of the boss.

So what does the heal do? HE HEALS THE FINAL BOSS ALL THE WAY UP TO MAX WITH DIARHAN.
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!!"
                                           ~ Hakumen, BlazBlue

Xeno Aura

Quote from: AbsoluteZero on 2012 Oct 11, 17:16:15
Ok, so... I'm playing Persona 3: FES edition... and I'm on the final boss, Nyx Avatar.
It was pretty rough battle, and I was almost ready to finish him off and end the game. This was long and excruciating, and I was running out of supplies. However, the boss only needed like one or two attacks and then he would die.
Time to be happy, right?

Wrong.

I made one error (I forgot to guard), and my team suffered for it as they suffered a massive attack that drained most of their life.

However, I had a character who had Diarhan, which essentially ALWAYS heals a person up to their max hp.

However, before it is his turn, the boss does this move which CHARMS the healer, which means whatever action he was going to do was going to be in favor of the boss.

So what does the heal do? HE HEALS THE FINAL BOSS ALL THE WAY UP TO MAX WITH DIARHAN.

That sounds pretty rage inducing...

Julius

... You guys should try the famous "Impossible Game" sometime... :D
Purr~

Tiger

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 11, 20:03:42
... You guys should try the famous "Impossible Game" sometime... :D

NO
NEVER AGAIN
D:

ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Sea Foam

When an NES game takes 20 minutes, 10 Q-tips, a gallon of Windex, and a miracle to get working.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

lurk852

Time to be happy, right?

Wrong.

lol Ouch.

Persona 3 in general can be pretty frustrating. I remember fighting the final boss of P3P at about level 70, on the "Chariot" phase, I think, where Nyx was mostly just spamming physical attacks and Almighty Attack. So I'm having the main character guard most of the time, to avoid getting two-shotted by two AAs back to back. Finally, on one turn, Nyx uses AA, critting Yukari (ends MC's block, and gives another turn), uses AA, critting MC, and uses AA again, killing MC. And he still had a turn left over!  >:O So I guess what I'm saying is that I hate bosses that have small chances to kill you in completely unavoidable ways.

Oh, and Persona 4. Shadow Kanji once killed my main character in one hit... from full health... without Tarukaja/Heat Riser... while MC was guarding. Ridiculous! But I guess that game has a weird difficulty curve in general - the first two main bosses are incredibly brutal, and then everything after that is pretty easy.

edit: Oh, and that first story wasn't even on P3P's max difficulty.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

LaptopCommandStation

Let's see

Sonic Games-OMOCHAO
Urban Terror-Stupid Seemingly braindead teammates(Hum-Dee-Dum, let's walk around with a medpak and NOT med my teammates).

Ooh, camping behind your own flag with a pair of tac goggles on!
Camping with a pair of tac goggles on
Camping
Tac Googles

Cheaters/Hackers
UT '99- My Pinkie Pie voicepack getting cut off when the announcer comes on(Headshot/Multikill etc)
UT 2004-I haven't figured out how to mod it yet(Except for Voicepacks/Skins)

I can go all day  ovO
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 11, 21:17:15
When an NES game takes 20 minutes, 10 Q-tips, a gallon of Windex, and a miracle to get working.

Emulators FTW!!  :D

Sea Foam

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 11, 21:22:19
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Oct 11, 21:17:15

Emulators FTW!!  :D

Spoiler: show

On topic: Chance time from any Mario Party game.
Anypony who was in first place and instantly thrown into last because of this, will understand.  :c

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Oct 11, 17:41:01
Time to be happy, right?

Wrong.

That sounds pretty rage inducing...

O... M.... G...

kenan89

played pokemon.... finnaly beated the elite 4.... lost the ds into the floor.... game bumped out.... hadnt saved for 1 half day!..... started back at 6 bagdes... before eventncatching my first shiny koffin.. raged

Julius

Quote from: kenan89 on 2012 Oct 13, 06:24:13
played pokemon.... finnaly beated the elite 4.... lost the ds into the floor.... game bumped out.... hadnt saved for 1 half day!..... started back at 6 bagdes... before eventncatching my first shiny koffin.. raged

Oh... That's painful. :I

I really haven't played a Pokemon game since... I believe they were called Pearl and Diamond?

But that right there... I understand.

What's this I keep reading about shiny pokemon?
Purr~

Go Up