How far do you think MLP:FIM will make it?

Started by Des Monty, 2012 May 16, 02:23:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

I'm betting for two more seasons, even if the series ends, the fanbase will be around for a long time making fan ficts and other media creations.

SweBow

Top Draw has gotten a order for 13 episodes. Top Draw is hired by DHX Media. Therefore it's realistic that DHX Media has a order of episodes to?

Care Bears yes, but have you tough of maybe it's another department of DHX Media that creates it? If you didn't know the show will be 3d animated. Not 2D.

Dragnmastralex

again its all about toy sales... to give you an example of a toy company putting out a tv show to sell toys look back to 1991 at the show Bucky O'Hare.  It was a cartoon that put out 13 episodes for its first season to sell toys... because of a mix up in shipping orders they shipped out the small robot Blinky in double orders and no Bucky (the title hero) so sales bottomed out and the show was promptly cancelled only leaving the 13 episodes in existance.... the toys are what keep the show going so if you want MLP to last 8 seasons like the first generation (which was the most popular selling toys in the 1980s) then keep buying the toys.
[/center]

lichmewtwo

MLP: FIM will be over when nintendo makes a pokemon MMO for mature audiences.
is and always will be the very best that no one ever was. period.

Soft Fang

I'm hoping to at least 5. But man, lot of variables in play. Toy sales, ratings, how many ideas are left...If it can get that far, i'll be impressed.

PrincessParfait

I'm gonna go with 4 seasons too.
Although I wish it would go on longer!  >A<

BetaMaster

This topic is making me feel depressed.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Brony49 / BetaMaster100 / BetaMasterB
                 ????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
http://ask-betamaster.tumblr.com/
http://bronybetamaster.deviantart.com/
I am learning to animate and looking for a tutor! M

lichmewtwo

my first post on this thread says it will never die
is and always will be the very best that no one ever was. period.

Sea Foam

The show will continue as long as there's money to be made with it, simple as that. The toys are where they get most of the profit from, not the show.
Something tells me that, after a while, the show will have a severe decline in quality. (Of course I hope I'm wrong.) If I had to guess, I'd give it to season 5-6 before it ends.

The brony community, however, will last LONG after the show ends. I'm sure some bronys will just pack up and leave, but the ones involved with the community will be around for years. Look at Star Wars, that still has a massive fan base.

Though it will be a sad day when the show comes to an end, we need to remember that the community is what made the show as special as it was.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Des Monty

Zygrograxgra

I'd say further than Spiral Knights and, should it continue the way it's going, Diablo 3.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

videogamehunter

I'm actually hoping MLP FIM would last a very 1ong time, I'm not even going to bother to estimate how long. It been a long time sense I been so into a show and who would of thought it would MLP. A series of toys I hated growing up. Even if the shows ends I'm never going to grow out of it because I never grow out of anything. I'm still collecting anime and buying retro games. So I'm just happy it stills comes on.

Mr.Darkling

Honestly, if done right I think something like MLP (the one we love) can last forever.
It just has to be paced right and not milked to death.

I know this isn't entirely possible though when it comes to the people who make it.
I'm sure they love what they made but I doubt they could spend the rest of their lives on it.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Link

I'm hoping for 5 seasons, but after reading this thread 4 seasons sounds doubtful  :'(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Book Smarts

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 May 16, 16:44:19
Top Draw has gotten a order for 13 episodes. Top Draw is hired by DHX Media. Therefore it's realistic that DHX Media has a order of episodes to?

Care Bears yes, but have you tough of maybe it's another department of DHX Media that creates it? If you didn't know the show will be 3d animated. Not 2D.

I heard on EQ that two studio's create the episodes and that they split the workload 50/50

QuickLizrd

I am expecting 6 seasons atleast and 8 at most. I am also hoping for a movie that goes at least 1 1/2 hours. But also there may be another generation after this one, and if they pay attention to how well this one went over, then maybe make it as similar as possible. But I am just hoping that it doesn't die after the 3rd or 4th season.

PrincessButton

I'd say it's going to be like the next Spongebob, Simpsons, Fairly Oddparents.
Cartoons typically last longer than other shows, I say it has a good 7 seasons, as long as the writers keep coming up with new ideas it'll last ...... FOREVER.  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 May 19, 17:25:57
Cartoons typically last longer than other shows, I say it has a good 7 seasons, as long as the writers keep coming up with new ideas it'll last ...... FOREVER.  ovO

PrincessButton

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 May 19, 17:32:27
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 May 19, 17:25:57

eyup.  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Dreadnaught 308

I think MLP:FIM will be like doctor who...it will last for 50 years or more and still make more episodes  :D
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Go Up