Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Went and started making dinner and forgot I had lunch still sitting on the table......

ManeFlame

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 19, 17:59:52
Went and started making dinner and forgot I had lunch still sitting on the table......

Been using that profile pic a bit long, methinks.  :P

Pipkin

But.....But I DO know what went wrong.....

My brain sucks :P

Midnight Breeze

I inherited my mother's obsessive frugality syndrome. I have over $2000 in the bank and no bills until the first, yet I'm still stressing over money because I spent more than I earned last month (which is very rare for me).

Heck, better than being like my financially-irresponsible father, I guess. He spent money like he had a bottomless bank account. My unlucky older sister inherited his financial attitudes. Guess which one of us has gone bankrupt twice?  :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 19, 19:13:40
I inherited my mother's obsessive frugality syndrome. I have over $2000 in the bank and no bills until the first, yet I'm still stressing over money because I spent more than I earned last month (which is very rare for me).

Heck, better than being like my financially-irresponsible father, I guess. He spent money like he had a bottomless bank account. My unlucky older sister inherited his financial attitudes. Guess which one of us has gone bankrupt twice?  :P

I hold onto my money, thinking "Surely there's going to be something I really want. If I spend my money before that comes along, I won't be able to afford it!"
I actually have a plan for once, though. I'm currently waiting for 4DE to at least release their Luna plush for sale, so I can buy both Pinkie Pie and Luna from them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jaywo

The fact that I was just about to take a train trip through Europe until I got sued because some greedy couple wanted to bleed every cent outta me, then I saw about to travel down south to meet my nuzzen, and the conditions on the house didn't get removed! DARN YOU HUMANITY!
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Chishio Kunrin

When I'm cooking something that requires me to transfer boiling or hot water into another dish and then mix stuff in. I feel like I'm on a time limit, and if I don't get everything in there fast enough, it won't dissolve right or mix right.

Also, if you ask me, scissors are so worthless when it comes to opening plastic bags. Why must I dangerously stab a knife into a bag and cut it open that way just to get the dang thing open without struggling with it for 15 minutes?!!! >:O

Seriously, if I use the kitchen scissors, I get a tiny cut into the plastic and then have to start moving the scissors back and forth to try cutting at different spots of the blades because it won't cut anymore, and it takes me forever just to get through, especially since the bag often doesn't want to let me just rip it open! Knife, though? Stab, pull to the side, open in seconds.
Because why should cooking be safe? :l

Pipkin

I love my kitchen scissors!  I got them from the dollar store, sharp as could ever be, it's quite fantastic!

Midnight Breeze

I ordered a package from California on Thursday. Last night at 10:30 the tracker said it was in Monroe, Louisiana (150 kilometers north of me) so I figured it would be here this morning.

When I got up this morning the tracer said it was in...Tupelo, Mississippi. What?! Why is it there!?

BlazeyE

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 20, 09:37:57
I ordered a package from California on Thursday. Last night at 10:30 the tracker said it was in Monroe, Louisiana (150 kilometers north of me) so I figured it would be here this morning.

When I got up this morning the tracer said it was in...Tupelo, Mississippi. What?! Why is it there!?

The methods of our postal services, whether government run or not, confuses me.

It's like when Tyler lost it's distribution center for USPS, everything had to be routed through Shreveport, even if it was coming from Dallas. The system layout is just insane, how a package two hours away by car, takes three days to get to your house.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Jaywo

Children.
I don't know why but I just hate them. :s
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Midnight Breeze

My great nephew is at an age where he cries every single time he is told "no". My niece and sister's response to his crying has always been to buy him off: give him what he wants just to quiet him down. Of course, anyone who knows toddlers knows how quickly they learn from that kind of parenting. If they know a tantrum is going to get them what they want then what reason do they have not to throw one at every opportunity?

Buying him off might be easy instant gratification now when he's 2, but what until he's 16 and wants a Lamborghini. Not so easy then.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 20, 20:41:43
My great nephew is at an age where he cries every single time he is told "no". My niece and sister's response to his crying has always been to buy him off: give him what he wants just to quiet him down. Of course, anyone who knows toddlers knows how quickly they learn from that kind of parenting. If they know a tantrum is going to get them what they want then what reason do they have not to throw one at every opportunity?

Buying him off might be easy instant gratification now when he's 2, but what until he's 16 and wants a Lamborghini. Not so easy then.

Whenever I threw a tantrum, my parents simply stood up and left the room. ovO
No, really. Some new-age parents might gasp and call that cruel, but it's common sense. The whole reason a child throws a tantrum is to try to get what they want, but if they don't have an audience to cry for, there's no point. They end up calming down eventually.

I grew up learning that
1. Crying and throwing a tantrum about it won't make my parents give me what I want. In fact, if there was any "maybe" about it, that "maybe" instantly goes away and turns into a hard no.
2. Asking and begging for it over and over only serves to annoy my parents and cause them to decide they're not going to get it. If I only ask once and wait patiently, they might get it.
3. As long as it's my parents' money we're spending, they have a say in whether or not I get to have something. If it's my money, they don't have a right to say no.
4. If one parent says no and I ask the other instead, that completely ruins my chances of getting it. My parents didn't tolerate me going behind their backs.
5. If I lie about something, they will most likely find out, and my punishment will be much worse than if I hadn't lied about it.

Objectively, I believe that those are five things that every parent should teach their child. Not because that's how I was personally raised, but because it works. Those are five things that can help prevent your child from turning into an obnoxious spoiled brat.

MrEmu

Spoiler: What Chishio and Midnight just said • show
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=2523.msg778415#msg778415 date=1400634587]
[quote author=Midnight Breeze link=topic=2523.msg778410#msg778410 date=1400632903]

[/quote]
Whenever I threw a tantrum, my parents simply stood up and left the room. ovO
No, really. Some new-age parents might gasp and call that cruel, but it's common sense. The whole reason a child throws a tantrum is to try to get what they want, but if they don't have an audience to cry for, there's no point. They end up calming down eventually.

I grew up learning that
1. Crying and throwing a tantrum about it won't make my parents give me what I want. In fact, if there was any "maybe" about it, that "maybe" instantly goes away and turns into a hard no.
2. Asking and begging for it over and over only serves to annoy my parents and cause them to decide they're not going to get it. If I only ask once and wait patiently, they might get it.
3. As long as it's my parents' money we're spending, they have a say in whether or not I get to have something. If it's my money, they don't have a right to say no.
4. If one parent says no and I ask the other instead, that completely ruins my chances of getting it. My parents didn't tolerate me going behind their backs.
5. If I lie about something, they will most likely find out, and my punishment will be much worse than if I hadn't lied about it.

Objectively, I believe that those are five things that every parent should teach their child. Not because that's how I was personally raised, but because it works. Those are five things that can help prevent your child from turning into an obnoxious spoiled brat.
[/quote]
So many ponies act like kids will 'grow out' of acting like a brat but they don't, I totally agree with you Chishio! lol

Dumb thing that annoys me? heh...on topic...Brats!

Pipkin

....I just discovered the only way I can actually moderate my skype group if i'm running skype 6.2.0 or older......after 20 minutes or so I managed to find and install that version on my laptop......but it doesn't do my group moderators any good.....

Para

I specifically hate loud noises.
I really hate it when I approach late to a specific event/happening. also annoying
I do hate ignorance to the max.
Twilight Sparkle sparkles about 500 duodecillion times each planck time unit.

Midnight Breeze

I'm sick of aspartame alarmists blaming aspartame for every medical ailment under the sun and telling me I'd better stop drinking diet coke before it kills me. Give me a break, aspartame has been extensively tested again and again and the FDA is sure it is 100% safe. Pressuring the FDA to ban aspartame is baseless quackery. Don't you dare try to take Diet Coke away from me! I'd be one unhappy man without my sweet nectar.

Besides, I can prove that aspartame is 100% safe in one sentence: It's legal in Europe. You KNOW a food additive is safe when not even the finicky EU has banned it!  :P

Rush of MLP

I hate it when a soft-spoken person is ignored. They don't want to repeat themselves, so why should you make them.

On the topic of reapeating one's self, I dispise it when people repeat themselves more than twice, especially when you heard them the first time.

It bugs me when my younger siblings come up to me and ask me for something, and then want to snitch on me when I tell them "no" or "don't meddle" when they don't listen to the "no".

And the one thing that I hate almost more than anything in this word: the number 24. 24 is the number of death, I swear. It is the most unlucky number on this side of infinity! I mean seriously, is it not enough that death is common (at least for me and mine) on that day of any particular month, but then I have to have the most rotten luck on those days as well. Grrrrrrrr!

Please pardon my rage, it just REALLY irritates me.

Chishio Kunrin

I'm confused as to why Holes is marketed as a family comedy adventure movie. The comedy part doesn't make sense, to me. It's marketed as some lighthearted funny cute movie that you can watch with your kids, but in my opinion, it's not. Sure, there are parts that will make you giggle, but it's not as super lighthearted as people seem to act like it is. Netflix was smart enough to mark it as being for ages 10+.

It's not super mature, but it has things in it that I don't think younger children would understand, especially when you consider the tragic love story flashbacks. Plus, it's something where you have to actually pay attention to all three storylines to completely understand everything, as the two flashback stories are connected to the present story.

It's kind of like how The Secret of NIMH is marketed as a G-rated cutesy movie for the whole family, except the situation with Secret of NIMH is sooo much worse. That movie is dark. It has parts that can frighten younger children.
That said, it's one of my favorite childhood movies. I loved it when I was a kid. I even bought the DVD recently. Though, I noticed that the cover is now really bright, colorful, and cutesy-wutesy. Once again, deceiving.

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 20, 23:23:16
I'm sick of aspartame alarmists blaming aspartame for every medical ailment under the sun and telling me I'd better stop drinking diet coke before it kills me. Give me a break, aspartame has been extensively tested again and again and the FDA is sure it is 100% safe. Pressuring the FDA to ban aspartame is baseless quackery. Don't you dare try to take Diet Coke away from me! I'd be one unhappy man without my sweet nectar.

Besides, I can prove that aspartame is 100% safe in one sentence: It's legal in Europe. You KNOW a food additive is safe when not even the finicky EU has banned it!  :P

Would they rather use sugar, have problems with their blood vessels and get fat? Aspartame is 190x sweeter than sugar, that means they'd have to put 190x more sugar if they had no aspartame!
Even if it is bad, there isn't a lot of it in the drinks because it's so sweet.

Go Up