The Road to Alpha!

Started by SweBow, 2012 Jul 18, 13:12:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SweBow

2012 Jul 18, 13:12:24 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 19:30:14 by SweBow
As promised, the road to alpha is now published on the frontpage.

Giggle Tail

2012 Jul 18, 13:15:41 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 13:22:01 by SweBow
Yay  :3
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Sonic Heart

2012 Jul 18, 13:23:48 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 13:32:55 by SweBow
That's a large list  :x   lol
Well, now to wait to see the team at Canterlot Gardens and GalaCon, hope the con is live streamed :\

SweBow

2012 Jul 18, 13:24:40 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 13:33:04 by SweBow
Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Jul 18, 13:23:48
That's a large list  :x   lol
Well, now to wait to see the team at Canterlot Gardens and GalaCon, hope the con is live streamed :\

Well it is the biggest step for a game to go to Alpha.
We're just making sure we have a big and stable game in Alpha rather than a half-made game.

Xeno Aura

Just a question, not sure if you can answer.

What happens when the game hits alpha? Will there be closed-alpha testing (As in invites sent out to selected people)? Or is it just a personal milestone for the team to reach?

SweBow

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Jul 18, 13:27:21
Just a question, not sure if you can answer.

What happens when the game hits alpha? Will there be closed-alpha testing (As in invites sent out to selected people)? Or is it just a personal milestone for the team to reach?

Closed alpha testing. More info on it will come once we get closer, it might be that we invite people for the first time. But I promise nothing.

Giggle Tail

That would be pretty cool  :D

Giggle's OCs

Lord of Madness

Even thou the road to Alpha may be a long one, I feel great that the project has even come this far. I would like to thank the whole team for all of their work towards the project.

BlackVortex

Wow! That is cool. So, if some one was to test alpha, would all there stuff be saved for the full release? [Just wondering]
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

SweBow

Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Jul 18, 14:07:02
Wow! That is cool. So, if some one was to test alpha, would all there stuff be saved for the full release? [Just wondering]

I don't follow you, can you expand what you mean?

Night Pony

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 18, 14:23:53

I think she asks if you have played the game in alpha,will you keep your stuff(like character,items etc.) when the game is released?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Lary

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 18, 14:23:53

When a company releases an MMO for open alpha/beta testing, sometimes they wipe the database after the testing is over. Some companies hold onto the data so their characters are transfered to the beta testing and/or full release.

For example: In an MMO, if you get a character to level 80 in Beta, you will have that character in the final release.

He was probably asking about that.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

SweBow

2012 Jul 18, 14:38:51 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 15:17:30 by SweBow
Yeah we will wipe everything once the game exits Beta. So everyone starts out on the same termes.

BlackVortex

Ok, that's what I meant. Thanks for answering, and wiping it out sounds fair to me. [And Larry I am not a he. I am a she.]
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

DJ-Bron3

hehe i can't wait for beta to be release >w< im getting so excited now XD
imma trotting about X3
[move=9][/move]made by Devmoder011 commish by firefly X3 love you for it avatar made by ask-blu-speed(tumblr) love you both for helping me and my oc :3
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=74789312

ColeThunder

I'm shivering with anticipation guys. I'm really looking forward to see what the game looks like!  :D

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Whoa, those are some excellent plans! Bookmarking this topic and image for sure, I am really interested in following the progress.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Zygrograxgra

>complete all lists for alpha
Best goal ever.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

SweBow

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 18, 18:06:57
>complete all lists for alpha
Best goal ever.

Since it's for design. Indeed, they need to finish all the needed lists for Alpha.

Giggle Tail

2012 Jul 18, 18:13:24 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 18:14:58 by Giggle Tail
If I ever actually succeed at getting hired by you guys as a writer, I'll be all too happy to help with the writing goals  :D

Giggle's OCs

Go Up