Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xeno Aura

I might have a fiddle around with making a PvP Tekkit map... Always wanted to try to do one.

applesing

Hmm, a 24/7 hosted server or just temporarily? I can host a tekkit server any time, but only if anypony wants to play sometime..
They are eating her, and then they are going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: applesing on 2012 Nov 14, 12:14:11
Hmm, a 24/7 hosted server or just temporarily? I can host a tekkit server any time, but only if anypony wants to play sometime..
I could play sometime, I love tekkit whenever I can play it.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

applesing

2012 Nov 14, 12:16:44 #363 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 14, 12:23:33 by applesing
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Nov 14, 12:15:28
Quote from: applesing on 2012 Nov 14, 12:14:11
I could play sometime, I love tekkit whenever I can play it.
Sounds great, we should have some kind of event. Ugh, once I start getting my money from school again I will start hosting a few servers for some games. Don't know which ones yet. Suggestions?

EDIT: In this case hosted servers from real server hosters, not at home. My internet would never be able to handle that many servers :P
They are eating her, and then they are going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

Xeno Aura

I can't really host a server without paying for it.

1. It would only be online about 12 hours a day.

2. My internet connection isn't great, so it would lag in a proper Tekkit world (as in not controlled).

3. It would slow down my internet for other things I do while I'm hosting.

I could host something like Survival Games or The Walls without any problems probably. Just if people are building and creating things that might lag the server, it would be a problem for me.

Rikaria

2012 Nov 14, 17:34:43 #365 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 14, 18:54:10 by Rikaria
Aaaaaaaaaand cue 1.4.4 update! *headdesk*

Now to wait for everything (mods) to update again...

Ohey, Mine Little Pony updated already.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Rissian

My connection should be capable of hosting a server if it was just for something like the survival games or the walls I have a separate Linux tower that I use to host MC on whenever people want to play it or for things like Let's plays.

I'm not sure how many players I can host though if survival games and The Walls are pre-built worlds I assume it will run fine, I took a Minecraft server speedtest it said I could only host 1 player but I know that's inaccurate as I've hosted 3 to 4 without lag before counting myself as one of the joiners. It couldn't be 24 hours but if you guys wanted to host PVP games my home Internet could probably handle it. I'd also love to play the PVP games myself sometime. If we did do these events who would be the game master?  o_o

That would probably be enough just for Survival games and The Walls since not much world editing would be going on in those events.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Rikaria on 2012 Nov 14, 17:34:43
Aaaaaaaaaand cue 1.4.4 update! *headdesk*

Now to wait for everything (mods) to update again...

Ohey, Mine Little Pony updated already.

No worries, 1.4.4 is a bug fix patch, modders just need to change a .class or two  :3

Xeno Aura

http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2308907540.png[/img][/URL]

So sloooow. :P

Somehow I get much worse download, but better upload and ping than Trege, although for some reason his server is 1,350 miles away. :P

Rissian

2012 Nov 15, 04:18:50 #369 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 15, 04:20:46 by Trege
It's more accurate on a far away server because people playing with you may be far away.  ^-^

Heres one close to my state.

It's probably enough for PVP events at least in small worlds.
(I wish this ISP had better upload speed though.)

Xeno Aura

http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2308923759.png[/img][/URL]

Somehow I can upload faster to San Francisco than I can download. :P

My net probably isn't best to host a game then lol.

Rissian

2012 Nov 15, 04:29:15 #371 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 15, 04:40:30 by Trege
Mine seems to be stable on far away areas.  o_o  That's interesting to say the least, it makes me like the company that provides our internet service more though since they seem to do a pretty good job.

If you guys can't find a host for PVP games and you decide to make maps and stuff I don't mind hosting a server for events like that it would be pretty fun.

applesing

Chishio Kunrin

Does anyone know if there are any series on Youtube about checking out and exploring Minecraft seeds?

I'm thinking about having one of my series, when I start doing LPs, being me coming up with random seeds in Minecraft and exploring them a bit. I'll probably call it Playing With Seeds or something.

Reasons
1. I've always been the kind of person who loves to explore.
2. If I find something really cool or something that anyone else would be interested in using, I wanna share it.

I'm also thinking about doing some PvP vids, too. It'd be fun to do some of those PvP maps, and those videos would be interesting and exciting. Though, like I said before, if I do a PvP where I'm teamed up with someone, I'm gonna want to be able to talk to them and include their voice in the video.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Xeno Aura

I'm not aware of any videos that do that, but I tend to stick solely to Yogscast for MC vids, I just can't get into the majority of other youtubers for MC stuff.

PvP videos are nearly always fun in my opinion, a lot of what happens is out of your control, so less reliance on you to come up with stuff I think.

Rissian

2012 Nov 15, 15:08:39 #375 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 15, 15:10:39 by Trege
Quote from: applesing on 2012 Nov 15, 05:11:43
I guess I can host a server with this!

http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2308990608.png[/img][/URL]

:I That's like super internet really really good for hosting servers, how well does it work on a faraway server though?
(I assume really well considering those speeds.)

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 15, 13:07:13
Does anyone know if there are any series on Youtube about checking out and exploring Minecraft seeds?

I'm thinking about having one of my series, when I start doing LPs, being me coming up with random seeds in Minecraft and exploring them a bit. I'll probably call it Playing With Seeds or something.

Reasons
1. I've always been the kind of person who loves to explore.
2. If I find something really cool or something that anyone else would be interested in using, I wanna share it.

I'm also thinking about doing some PvP vids, too. It'd be fun to do some of those PvP maps, and those videos would be interesting and exciting. Though, like I said before, if I do a PvP where I'm teamed up with someone, I'm gonna want to be able to talk to them and include their voice in the video.

I think a few people review seeds on youtube but don't really explore them, and I think skype would be perfect for PVP games. If you have your PC setup correctly it can record who you're chatting with and yourself plus the game audio.

applesing

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 15, 15:08:39
Quote from: applesing on 2012 Nov 15, 05:11:43
I guess I can host a server with this!

http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2308990608.png[/img][/URL]

:I That's like super internet really really good for hosting servers, how well does it work on a faraway server though?
(I assume really well considering those speeds.)

Hmm, just tell me some time tomorrow or so and I'll start any sever up. Sadly I have to leave now, getting late. But tomorrow shouldn't be a problem because it's finally time to rest after such a long week.

Oh and no, I never heard of any people actually exploring the seeds, more loading them up and checks for a mountain or so where you spawn. That's pretty much it, it would be a great idea doing it your way though! ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: applesing on 2012 Nov 15, 15:50:00
Oh and no, I never heard of any people actually exploring the seeds, more loading them up and checks for a mountain or so where you spawn. That's pretty much it, it would be a great idea doing it your way though! ^-^[/color][/i]

How crazy of them, not to explore. :P But that's good for me. My mom told me to find something different to do, and apparently, this will be different. Hopefully, I'll finally have her confidence.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Wish I could make a server with pure pvp, everypony for themselves

Rikaria

2012 Nov 19, 00:28:44 #379 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 19, 02:25:03 by Rikaria
Oh, if only this could be played on a server... (SP or LAN only (due to the near 0 ping needed for TNT Springs to work properly))

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Go Up