Chez le Chef Creatif et la Chef Creative

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Sep 27, 08:27:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stitchin Time

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 27, 23:33:02
You guys talking about dipping stuff reminds me of my habit of drinking gravy from KFC or Harvey's.  I get looks when I do it in the restaurants  ovO
Once when I was a kid I actually remember opening straw after straw of pixie sticks(Basically sour sugar) into a bowl and eating it with a spoon.
Oh, and my bacon cheeseburger that makes the baconator look like a little wimp...
Spoiler: show

...Good question, I have no idea how i'm still alive....

lol lol lol

Cresto

Garlic and eggs are disgusting.
Heavy cream ends up as a nasty solid when baked for long.
Melting cheese can end up VERY oily.
Oreos and honey mustard will make you physically ill.

I personally started dipping fries in milkshakes after a Kim Possible episode showcased it. Makes me ponder if y'all saw that one as well.

Chishio Kunrin

Peanut butter does not require more than 5 seconds in the microwave to melt. If you melt it for too long in a tupperware container, it will burn, it will melt a hole in the plastic, and it will smell like a mix of burnt pickles and mustard.

Also, don't eat melted peanut butter by itself. It may taste amazingly better than nonmelted peanut butter, but later, you will burp, and it will taste horrible. No, there is no way to get rid of that taste. You have to wait for it to wear off.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Anyone here ever tried dipping apple slices in peanut butter, it's actually amazingly good. o_o My grandma and dad told me about it a long time ago.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 30, 05:18:24
Anyone here ever tried dipping apple slices in peanut butter, it's actually amazingly good. o_o My grandma and dad told me about it a long time ago.

Eeyup.

Rissian

2012 Sep 30, 05:27:37 #25 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 30, 05:29:48 by Trege
Hmm, another idea I had was banana pancakes, what you do is add banana flavor extract into the pancake mix, I've also added vanilla combined with it I think it results in a really good tasting pancake. I've actually experimented with a few flavorings in pancakes, some end well and some are interesting to say the least.  ovO

Little Judas

Jam (or jelly, I don't know) with Tabasco.
Sweet spicy heavens.
It was a sandwich, so there was also a slice of meatloaf on.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Rissian

I ended up trying different flavored root beer floats. It's probably not that unorthodox though I'm sure other people have tried different ice cream in root beer.

Instead of using vanilla I tried mint chocolate chip ice cream which was actually pretty good tasting in root beer, and I've used chocolate ice cream. I'll probably try cookies and cream ice cream next in root beer.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 03, 00:08:26
I ended up trying different flavored root beer floats. It's probably not that unorthodox though I'm sure other people have tried different ice cream in root beer.

Instead of using vanilla I tried mint chocolate chip ice cream which was actually pretty good tasting in root beer, and I've used chocolate ice cream. I'll probably try cookies and cream ice cream next in root beer.

I've thought about trying chocolate ice cream in a root beer float. By the way, it can also depend on what brand of root beer you're using. I prefer A&W because it's the only one I've found that actually goes with the ice cream instead of standing alone as a separate flavor.

Rissian

2012 Oct 03, 00:29:56 #29 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 03, 00:35:02 by Trege
I currently only have best choice root beer but I usually drink MUG root beer or A&W. I prefer the root beer without caffeine I think barq's has caffeine in it I've never tried that brand in root beer floats but it doesn't seem like it would taste that good in ice cream as barq's just doesn't seem to taste right for it to begin with.

Chocolate ice cream is pretty good in root beer floats. But I think mint ice cream is my favorite it's like a mint and a drink at the same time. ovO And it kind of has a unique taste in root beer. Chocolate soda actually used to be sold not sure why they stopped selling it my mom mentioned drinking it at one point, I don't think I've ever tried official chocolate soda before though.

Little Judas

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Rissian

2012 Oct 03, 04:33:18 #31 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 03, 04:35:56 by Trege
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_Root_Beer

A very delicious soft drink.  ovO

Little Judas

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 03, 04:33:18

They don't have that in Belgium. We have beer with low alcohol% but it's not the same, let alone a softdrink.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Oct 03, 04:48:10 #33 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 03, 04:50:29 by Chishio Kunrin

Yep, and it has a very unique taste! ^-^ Different brands taste different from each other, though, especially A&W because A&W uses vanilla in it.

A root beer float is when you put vanilla ice cream in a cup, then pour root beer over it. For some reason, this causes the root beer to foam more than sodas usually foam from being poured, and the foam stays for much longer. I like to eat the foam. :3

Seriously, though, guys, I've tried root beer floats with different brands. IBC and Barqs are no good for it. A&W is perfect because of the vanilla they use in it. I believe that vanilla helps the flavors of the root beer and ice cream actually blend together in perfect harmony.

Rissian

2012 Oct 03, 04:54:39 #34 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 03, 05:47:35 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 03, 04:48:10

Yep, and it has a very unique taste! ^-^ Different brands taste different from each other, though, especially A&W because A&W uses vanilla in it.

A root beer float is when you put vanilla ice cream in a cup, then pour root beer over it. For some reason, this causes the root beer to foam more than sodas usually foam from being poured, and the foam stays for much longer. I like to eat the foam. :3

Seriously, though, guys, I've tried root beer floats with different brands. IBC and Barqs are no good for it. A&W is perfect because of the vanilla they use in it. I believe that vanilla helps the root beer and ice cream actually blend together in perfect harmony.

I think MUGS also puts vanilla in their root beer as well I'm not sure, I like A&W and MUGS the best barq's actually bothers my stomach sometimes I don't know why probably the caffeine. Anyways I like the foam when chocolate mint is mixed in it. But the drink itself also taste good with chocolate mint ice cream.

Edit 2 :
Ah never mind MUGS only has it in one of their root beer cake recipes. Or something like that. Root beer too-good torte.

The cookies and cream ice cream experiment didn't turn out that well I used best choice because we don't have any MUGS or A&W Currently. But still the cookies and cream ice cream didn't taste as good as I thought it would in root beer.

Stitchin Time

Tried home-made tomato soup. Not unorthodox, but on Russian lent, where you can't have dairy or meat, it SUCKS! :x

Pa_Kalsha

A vile soft drink.

FTFY :P

Mine are fairly normal, I guess.

• Grinding a little black pepper over fresh strawberries really brings out the flavour

• Sprinkle parmesan cheese over scrambled eggs. Optional: add grilled or roasted red pepper and pine nuts.

• Smoked paprika on houmous on toasted pitta bread

• Dark chocolate and salt (the big sea salt crystals are better than granulated rock salt)

• No one in my family seems to be aware of the wonder of mustard mash, although they do like cheesy mash, grilled on toast.

• Ready salted crisps in strawberry jam sandwiches (a childhood favourite)

I also did the 'cheese and ketchup on bread' pizza thing when I was a kid, only I sometimes used BBQ sauce, and I grilled mine. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad.
Pinkie Pie got a job in a clock factory - she spent all day making faces

www.cheerfulomelette.co.uk

Rissian

Some of the experiments I did may have made me sick at one point I can't remember.

I once tried using twizzlers  to drink chocolate milk as a kid. It didn't taste bad but I ended up throwing up a few hours later. Not sure if the milk was bad or if it was the combination.

I don't remember which flavor of twizzlers I used but these were the type.

Chishio Kunrin

I'm about to try an improvised dinner idea I suggested to my mom. We have chicken fajita meat, and we have leftover mushroom rice. I'm about to cook the meat, reheat the rice, cut up the meat, and mix it together. I might add some seasoning. Maybe.

Rissian

I've never had mushroom rice, but rice and chicken usually go well together. So that actually sounds good.

My grandma and mom have made mushroom pork chops and mushroom chicken before. You cook the chicken or pork chops in cream of mushroom soup in the oven. It actually tasted really good. I'm not sure if they seasoned the chicken or the pork chops before putting it in the mushroom soup though. There's also some side dishes that go well with it.

Go Up