Do you miss Button's Adventures?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 05, 18:16:06

previous topic - next topic

Do you miss Button's Adventures and being able to watch it?

Yes
7 (36.8%)
No
5 (26.3%)
Maybe
2 (10.5%)
I REALLY MISS IT AND WANT A DOWNLOAD LINK WAAA!!!!!
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Go Down

Bro1997

I have missed seeing Button Mash and his little adventures of his life. It's a shame that Hasbro was so tied up with the copyright infringements that it had to be taken off YouTube. I'd wish there was a download link or a way of uploading it on another video site like Dailymotion without getting in trouble from Hasbro. They are already trying to stamp out the Brony Fandom and I'm concerned about it's total existence! :s
Vote on this poll on how you feel.

Tiger

Not particularly, Jan and Shadyvox had to take it down because the animation style was too close to the show's style.

Just think about it. If you saw someone draw/animate in the exact same style you do and you were not informed about it, wouldn't that just feel like they're stealing something?

I feel that Hasbro's reason was valid because of this. Now, if it was in a different style and they still took it down, that would be a different story.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Bro1997

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Aug 05, 19:06:45
Not particularly, Jan and Shadyvox had to take it down because the animation style was too close to the show's style.

Just think about it. If you saw someone draw/animate in the exact same style you do and you were not informed about it, wouldn't that just feel like they're stealing something?

I feel that Hasbro's reason was valid because of this. Now, if it was in a different style and they still took it down, that would be a different story.

There's tons of fan made animations out on YouTube that look exactly like Button's Adventures! But yeah, I'd be pretty upset and actually probably angry that someone was basically stealing my animation work without the proper permission. Then again, Hasbro wouldn't have ever agreed to this without some kind of return to it. They'd probably wouldn't have allowed it in the first place anyway. Jan in my opinion should join the MLP FIM crew as he could give out ideas to help continue the show for years to come. He's really good at making the animation just like the show! But, in all honesty I'm not so sure that Hasbro really likes this whole fandom because it's not socially acceptable to all people. It's like the Adult Baby Fandom, it exists but isn't really considered appropriate and socially acceptable. They want it stopped so parents won't bash the company or anyone else for their child getting bullied at school for something as innocent as ponies.

AaronMk

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 21:46:54
Nope.

Why not? I though Button was one of the coolest colts out there. Even though, I'm not into gaming.

AaronMk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 21:49:31
Nope.

Why not? I though Button was one of the coolest colts out there. Even though, I'm not into gaming.

Because I don't.

It also doesn't hurt that it's been a really long time since the removal took place. It's old news without any more emotion in it. It has had no resounding impact safe for a single uploader on YouTube getting legal-slapped. And it was coming anyways, he was using characters that were included and depicted in the show. It was fresh meat for the legal drones.

And in the end Jan's coming back with Button so it doesn't matter. As evidenced at his panel at BronyCon:

https://derpiboo.ru/690718?scope=scpe9d01e77cb0483d6936b2c3b01e73f96dea0cddf8

It's really not that hard to keep up to date on things. You just need to broaden where you get things from. It's not hard.

Moving on?

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 22:44:15
Nope.

Because I don't.

It also doesn't hurt that it's been a really long time since the removal took place. It's old news without any more emotion in it. It has had no resounding impact safe for a single uploader on YouTube getting legal-slapped. And it was coming anyways, he was using characters that were included and depicted in the show. It was fresh meat for the legal drones.

And in the end Jan's coming back with Button so it doesn't matter. As evidenced at his panel at BronyCon:

It's really not that hard to keep up to date on things. You just need to broaden where you get things from. It's not hard.

Moving on?

Yeah, Haven't really been following up with Jan lately. I don't go to BronyCon or any convention unfortunately so I wouldn't have known. BronyCon must have been big this year. I wonder what they do that makes Bronies want to go anyway?

AaronMk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 22:54:53
Nope.

Because I don't.

Moving on?

Yeah, Haven't really been following up with Jan lately. I don't go to BronyCon or any convention unfortunately so I wouldn't have known. BronyCon must have been big this year. I wonder what they do that makes Bronies want to go anyway?

You don't even need to go to BronyCon or directly keep up with everyone when the Great Archive is all you need in the end.

Featuring more Breaking News than EQD and 20% more MA "The Based God" Larson worship.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 22:58:15
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 22:54:53
Nope.

Because I don't.

Moving on?

You don't even need to go to BronyCon or directly keep up with everyone when the Great Archive is all you need in the end.

Featuring more Breaking News than EQD and 20% more MA "The Based God" Larson worship.

Well, I've only been a Brony since January 23rd, 2014 and I'm only 17 so I don't even have the money or time to go to BronyCon! What do you do there that's so special anyway? Some families go as well. Is there like contests or something or is it just another excuse to socialize with other bronies and talk about the future of the show and other topics about OCs and such? I see that they show previews about new fan made animations like you just said and also I've seen on YouTube a preview for Season 5's first episode! Not to mention they seem to talk about how to draw ponies and like every single brony on Earth seems to have a panel at BronyCon! Why is it such much money to go to the convention anyways!? I look at the tickets and they're like $50 each!!! More then a thousand for a hotel room which is at the very expensive Hilton Hotel in Baltimore. Must be pretty nice though. Can't imagine spending that much just because I want to be at some special convention for my fandom!

AaronMk

2014 Aug 05, 23:27:31 #9 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 05, 23:31:42 by AaronMk
Bronycon has the distinction of being the first major brony convention. There are others across the country, which you're best using EquestriaDaily to find.

And it's the place any content creator, show voice actor, animator, writer, or director goes to to meet and greet with the fandom and do some panels. It's the same thing in the other smaller cons, but Bronycon is the biggest. And with M.A Larson back, you're getting his shenanigans.

His book:

Spoiler: show

Oh Larson, keep going you glorious beast.

And the price is a side-effect of its location. It would have been more wallet destructive if it were still in New York. The prices are always worse in NYC.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 23:27:31
Bronycon has the distinction of being the first major brony convention. There are others across the country, which you're best using EquestriaDaily to find.

And it's the place any content creator, show voice actor, animator, writer, or director goes to to meet and greet with the fandom and do some panels. It's the same thing in the other smaller cons, but Bronycon is the biggest. And with M.A Larson back, you're getting his shenanigans.

His book:

And the price is a side-effect of its location. It would have been more wallet destructive if it were still in New York. The prices are always worse in NYC.

So let me get this straight. BronyCon is a convention that allows you (if you have the money and are allowed to go and know how to drive) to actually meet people off the tv show like Tara Strong for example and to show off your latest fan work if you do any? I guess I see know why BronyCon is so huge. I would like to meet Lauren Faust though if you ask me! The location though I don't understand. Couldn't it be in a smaller city in let's say IDK Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or Ocean City, Maryland possibly! I'm just guessing here! Could be held though at least in Philly! Even then though, the hotel itself could be a major reason for it being expensive. Hilton's are so expensive, just look at how much Ocean City's is per night during off peak season alone! It's ridiculous! It's a waste of money if you don't like talking to people though, isn't it?

AaronMk

Small towns don't have the infrastructure to hose a con the size of Bronycon, or any gathering that would be big enough to have any staff member have a panel slot. You're looking at cities like Baltimore, New York, Houston, New Orleans, LA, Las Vegas (though the last con there was ill-fated, being a literal con job), or Chicago. I'm still holding out for one in Detroit, but that city has too foul a taste to make it a serious choice.

Your best bet getting there is to pick up on something and do it good. So good you get a following you can get money off of in donations to get a ticket and room and board, and if you get a stall there to make more reimbursement money. Otherwise, save up working a real job or beg your parents.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 05, 23:45:13
Small towns don't have the infrastructure to hose a con the size of Bronycon, or any gathering that would be big enough to have any staff member have a panel slot. You're looking at cities like Baltimore, New York, Houston, New Orleans, LA, Las Vegas (though the last con there was ill-fated, being a literal con job), or Chicago. I'm still holding out for one in Detroit, but that city has too foul a taste to make it a serious choice.

Your best bet getting there is to pick up on something and do it good. So good you get a following you can get money off of in donations to get a ticket and room and board, and if you get a stall there to make more reimbursement money. Otherwise, save up working a real job or beg your parents.

I might do it. I don't have a job so that could be an option. Although, I'm not good when being around tons of people though! X3

AaronMk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 23:50:58

I might do it. I don't have a job so that could be an option. Although, I'm not good when being around tons of people though! X3

From the Bronycon staff with cringe.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 06, 00:11:50
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 23:50:58

From the Bronycon staff with cringe.

That's good to know that people like me could go to BronyCon, but I still have to deal with the whole money issue sadly. I'd love to go someday perhaps. Sounds fun! ^-^

AaronMk

Back to Button:

It's not like it matters in the long term anyways, because his mother is where it's at. And a fandom's worth of artists has certainly kept the pool... filled... If that's the safe word.

Bro1997

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Aug 06, 00:48:13
Back to Button:

It's not like it matters in the long term anyways, because his mother is where it's at. And a fandom's worth of artists has certainly kept the pool... filled... If that's the safe word.

Alright then. I know this is off-topic, but You did left a reply on the new topic about anypony being at the SkillsUSA competition at Hershey, right?

Night Pony

Quote from: From EQDGalacon and Ponyville Live have tossed up the full Jan Animations panel. As most of us are curious about what the status is on the Copyright claims and take downs, something very interesting was revealed.

While nothing is set in stone at the moment, they are apparently working out a deal with Hasbro for "something that will make both us and them happy". Turns out Hasbro wasn't even notified of the C&D, but the legal company they use shut it down simply because of how similar it was to the actual show.  They are hoping for a limited MLP License to freely make their fan animations, though the deal could be anything.

But anyway, Jan is a drop in a sea of fan content. More so he used his fame and his ability to make show style to get commissions and I think he got what he had coming to him.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

cloudwilk

I slightly hope there would've been more with Button, but I'm not particularly sad.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 19:10:29
I slightly hope there would've been more with Button, but I'm not particularly sad.

Well, Jan needs to be a little more careful. He probably doesn't want another C&D from Hasbro again. They've been really hitting bronies just over the word "Brony" which they claim is now property of them without legal consultation.

Go Up