BronyCon Anypony?

Started by Jaywo, 2014 Apr 29, 17:34:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jaywo

Hie all ponies! ^-^
I was just calculating the cost for BronyCon, and for the access I want, my cost would be a total of 1940$! (Without Tax ;~;)
That's a lot of money!
I've decided to wait until 2017 to go, but I wanted to know if anypony was going this year?
What are you hoping to see at the convention?
What did your costs add up to?
When the convention is over, feel free to share your pics here.~
See all you Bronies at BronyCon2017! ;)
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

AaronMk

I am too poor to even consider going somewhere closer, like any Chicago based cons.

I may reconsider if there's one closer to home. Like Detroit, or even Windsor if you don't want to risk drive-bys.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Jaywo

Bronycon is held in Baltimore which is across from Detroit.
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

AaronMk

say wot m8?

"Across from Detroit" is Windsor, Canada. No Baltimore.

Zhai

woaah why its so expensive? omgg i thought the ticket would be like idk 10 dollars? omgg im dead :O
i really really hope you can go there, jaywo! also aaronmk too even if its a minor con!

im from spain so i couldnt go there even if the ticket was 10 lol and i never heard about cons in spain. i think here MLP is kinda unkown. season 2 was premiered here last year 2013 lol now they're airing seasons 1-2-3 on disney channel but only at 9:30 morning
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Verdant Tome

If I hadn't moved across the country half a year ago, I'd be able to go, easy. I used to live just 33 miles away. Now, it's more like 2,000... at least there's a local con being held a week after BronyCon over there...

Jaywo

@Zhai
The normal tickets, without any other cost, are just 50$,
But I wanted the gold pass(1000$), plus I would need the gas money, hotel, restaurants, merch, costume, ect ect... X3

@AaronMk
It's a bit southwest is what I meant.
If you look on google maps, and look southwest of NJ, you'd see Baltimore.

@CodeFreak5
I've heard of diehard fans that travel across the county just to go. O:
If I were to go, I'd have to spend 200$ in gas since I live too close to take a plane and still arrive with my dignity.

AaronMk

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 01, 18:19:45
@AaronMk

Wrong Detroit dude.

Verdant Tome

If I were to go, I'd have to spend 200$ in gas since I live too close to take a plane and still arrive with my dignity.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not that diehard. Arranging a plane ticket now - for just a weekend stay - will be hell, since I don't have the funds (full-time student; no job), and I'm certain that weekend falls in the middle of my school schedule. And I even passed up the chance last time, when I had no school and still lived close by.
I do admire the dedication others have, though. I know a guy over the internet who lives in Canada, and he went there last year. I'm sure it was a blast.

Jaywo

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 01, 18:22:17
@AaronMk

Wrong Detroit dude.

It's either Detroit or New Jersey.
I get them mixed up. DD:

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 01, 18:49:04

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not that diehard. Arranging a plane ticket now - for just a weekend stay - will be hell, since I don't have the funds (full-time student; no job), and I'm certain that weekend falls in the middle of my school schedule. And I even passed up the chance last time, when I had no school and still lived close by.
I do admire the dedication others have, though. I know a guy over the internet who lives in Canada, and he went there last year. I'm sure it was a blast.

It's literally only a month away. Believe it or not, all the tickets but the 50$ ones are sold out.
Could you imagine the pricing for air travel and hotels when the con rolls around??

Zhai

@Zhai
The normal tickets, without any other cost, are just 50$,
But I wanted the gold pass(1000$), plus I would need the gas money, hotel, restaurants, merch, costume, ect ect... X3

woaah thanks for the info! i didn't think about the gas money, hotel ectect X3
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

AaronMk

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 01, 18:56:37
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 01, 18:22:17
@AaronMk

Wrong Detroit dude.

It's either Detroit or New Jersey.
I get them mixed up. DD:

I realize Jersey is a horrible place to be and all, but it ain't The D.

Verdant Tome

2014 May 01, 23:23:42 #12 Last Edit: 2014 May 03, 19:57:25 by Codefreak5
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 01, 18:56:37
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 01, 18:49:04

It's literally only a month away. Believe it or not, all the tickets but the 50$ ones are sold out.
Could you imagine the pricing for air travel and hotels when the con rolls around??

Bronycon's in the beginning of August, which is three months away, not one month. One month away is June, then after that is July.
I'm not surprised that most of the tickets are sold out - it's the biggest My Little Pony convention in the eastern United States - maybe even the entire United States. There are going to be thousands of fans there.
And hotel prices and airfare are definitely going to skyrocket from all the demand from convention-goers.

Jaywo

I'm sorry, my brain is just- I can't even.
That fact though that it's still three months away proves my point even more.
I looked at the site earlier this year and it was still sold out.
I couldn't imagine how busy it would be.

Pipkin

2014 May 06, 18:20:36 #14 Last Edit: 2014 May 06, 18:23:29 by Pipkin
I've been planning for my Bronycon trip since November.

Ticket was $60

It's a 10 hour drive for me(I live in Southern Ontario about 2 hours west of Toronto(ooh fun fact, you can actually see the city I live in on AaronMK's map.....lol))

Hotel, now this was fun to plan.  I booked 3 hotels, 4 people per hotel and split the cost with my friends who are all going, which helped us all out in the long run cost wise, since we're all paying $160 per person(as opposed to $640~ for a hotel by yourself).

As for what I am looking forward to?  MEETING ALL MY FRIENDS FROM HERE IN PERSON!!!

Jaywo

I did a double take when you said southern Ontario.
Maybe when I go we can carpool since we live scarily close to each other. O:
It would be a ten hour drive for me too, but I live 5 hours east from Toronto instead. DD:

HerpyDooves

I discussed BronyCon with my mom, and it's finally a possibility for me!

I'm planning on getting a job for a month, and then working at the Renaissance fair during the summer to get the money to go! I also talked to my brother, and he said he'll take me. :3

Now I just need the money, and I'll be set!.. hopefully. :)

Gouranga

I'm going to Bronycon!  :D Buuut I didn't manage any of my local friends to go with me so I'll be going alone  ovO  It's been a hard decision for me since I'm 9 driving hours from there, but I'll be worth it! I'm leaving from Montreal, as for the cost, I'd say a good 2000$CAD is going to be spent altogether if not more..
So, if there's any FoE group that's going to meet-up at the convention I'd be glad to join you!

Pipkin

Wait!  It's taking you 9 hours from Montreal and 9 hours for me from Kitchener?

Gouranga

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jun 19, 06:43:50
Wait!  It's taking you 9 hours from Montreal and 9 hours for me from Kitchener?

Well yeah, the highway 87 goes straight down to Baltimore, and you seem to go through a couple more different highways, so that's possible.

Go Up