General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

I don't even know how much exp they yield so far. That's one of the questions i'd like to know and of course the grinding may matter in terms of how tough the pokemon is besides I normally use the highest level pokemon to defeat the pokemon faster. What I know about the levels is that the base power increases by 2 per level.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Good grief Mega Mawile is brutal (that, or I'm just getting horrible RNG)... I mean I eventually beat it, but... ugh...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Pokemon Shuffle is pretty much hard in terms of the RNG (as you said), making bad moves, and catching pokemon at a low rate.

Rikaria

2015 Feb 23, 12:57:20 #363 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 23, 16:52:33 by Rikaria
Sturdy Tyrunt received \o/ Just need to breed it now.

Please keep in mind that due to lack of time, I won't specifically be breeding for females (female Tyrunt have a 12.5% rate). If I end up getting more aside from the parent, I'll give those away. And as far as perfect IVs are concerned, the least each Egg will have will be three (again, due to lack of time). However, to make up for that, they'll have both Dragon Dance and Ice Fang (both of which are Egg-only moves).

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in North America who have yet to obtain an Eon Ticket, a new method is coming up. From February 27th to March 2nd, you'll be able to get a serial code on the official site to get the Eon Ticket in your game. This allows you to get Latias in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Latios in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

KirbyFluttershy

well i think that most of us and other people have the eon ticket by now, but those who struggled to get a eon ticket will have to use the serial code. I did suggest and gave people advice on places where they can streetpass for eon ticket at. The places I mentioned are streetpass meetups & gathers (or meets), shopping malls, and electronic stores such as target, walmart, and best buy. It's a good thing I got one off from a friend.

Rikaria

2015 Feb 23, 20:11:46 #365 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 24, 00:23:46 by Rikaria
It helps to even HAVE friends in the same state that HAVE a 3DS... ._.

EDIT: Now Mega Gengar's giving me problems on Shuffle...

KirbyFluttershy

Mega Mawile is giving me problems right now. Well Charmeleon can inflict burn, but I have combusken that can use pyre skill. I'm not even sure if I should use my coins for disruption delay. The barriers are giving me a problem

Rikaria

The Sturdy Tyrunt are more-or-less available now. PM me if you want one. Again, they have the following:
  • Adamant Nature

• At least three perfect IVs (Attack not guaranteed)

• Dragon Dance and Ice Fang (both of which are Egg Moves)

KirbyFluttershy

Well I got myself an absol and charizard in pokemon shuffle. Charizard was such a pain to catch even though I grinded enough to get it including absol, but used the right pokemon for absol. Any Tips on beating mega mawile? risk-taker is not the best ability as I know. I may have to streetpass more for pokemon shuffle, but if only i could go to the mall or other stores with electronics (like target, best buy, and walmart) plus my next streetpass meet isn't until next month or so.

Rikaria

2015 Feb 26, 00:12:19 #369 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 26, 10:00:03 by Rikaria
Luck, really. The RNG just gets worse and worse each Mega Pokémon you go against. I'm actually STILL stuck on Mega Gengar as proof ._.

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Bank - Hidden Ability Johto Starters

For those of you with the Pokémon Bank game, the latest event has begun. This event offers a download of the fully evolved Johto Starters, Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. This distribution will run until November 30th for all players of Pokémon Bank and can be sent to Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire through their Pokémon Link feature. You get one of each per Pokémon Bank account and you need to make sure to have received all PokéMiles/BP sitting in the game's Pokémon Link before you can receive these Pokémon.

KirbyFluttershy

Finally I got through mega mawile. Maybe Grinding may be the answer in getting past the mega pokemon in pokemon shuffle. Risk-Taker ability is the only ability that's based on luck I believe, but I don't even like the ability as well because it decreases the damage dealt to the enemy. Probably My progress is slowing down due to grinding, fails, and waiting every 2hrs and 30mins to get 5 hearts.

Rikaria

2015 Feb 27, 14:27:27 #371 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 28, 21:39:36 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha - Eon Ticket

For those of you in North America or Europe who have yet to obtain an Eon Ticket, you are now able to get a Serial Code from the official site which is redeemable until March 2nd 2015. This code is 2015LATIOSLATIAS in North America or POKEMON380381 in Europe. This serial code will allow for you to download the Eon Ticket to the game. This allows you to get Latias in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Latios in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. You can then share the Eon Ticket through StreetPass for those who don't get it through this manner. If you have already received the Eon Ticket, either through Mystery Gift or through StreetPass, you cannot use this code.

EDIT: Okay, just what... How does a 94% catch rate Pokémon break out but an 82% doesn't... /ShuffleRNG

KirbyFluttershy

Wow. Pokemon Shuffle has received 1 million downloads and we get complexity -1 as a gift for that. Speaking of Pokemon Shuffle, I was doing some expert stages and then going back through some pokemon to get Rank S on them to unlock further Expert Stages. The Pokemon I got from Expert Stages were Sceptile, Venusaur, Charizard, Swampert, Blastoise, Dragonite, Absol, Rotom, Articuno, and Moltres.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha - Shiny Arceus Event

In Japan, the special pre-order promotion for the movie has begun and with the purchase of the tickets comes a serial code to allow for the download of Arceus. This is the only distribution of Arceus so far in Generation VI with the Generation VI native mark. At first, it was announced that there are 18 different Arceus being distributed at random, but a 19th version has been received by players. This Arceus is a special Shiny Arceus, marking the first time Arceus has legitimately been available as a Shiny since its reveal and release in 2009. The Arceus players receive when they redeem the code is completely random, with an equal chance between all 19 possibilities.

I wonder if we'll ever get something like this...

KirbyFluttershy

Well that event is out of the way due to my brother's trip to japan reasons. I wish it was on wi-fi or on code so I can get it off him again.

It's kind of strange that we stopped talking about pokemon shuffle these days, but I know how slow this thread is going so far and there's not much of a matchmaking, trades, or friend safari seekers out there.

The only latest news is not only shiny arceus event, but also the HA johto starters distribution right now.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 07, 14:18:41 #375 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 07, 15:28:02 by Rikaria
Shuffle isn't really worth talking about after a certain point; like for me, I'm practically endgame now (just need to catch two "Main" side Pokémon + two "Expert" ones). Granted, I'm sure there's a secret or two after I catch said Pokémon.

Anyway, puzzle games in general don't really have much going for them.

EDIT: So... this just happened to me:

(Source)

KirbyFluttershy

Well I'm pretty sure there are other past pokemon games we can talk about and share our memories about them. I still remember how difficult pokemon stadium 1 and 2 was, but thanks to my improved performance and strategy, i did better than the last time i played them.

I hope on the next pokemon mystery dungeon game, they should let us do friend rescues by password and wi-fi instead of doing them DS-to-DS cuz doing friend rescues like that makes the game boring except grinding, treasure hunt, and do missions.

Rikaria

2015 Mar 08, 16:06:45 #377 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 10, 10:13:26 by Rikaria
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

For those of you worldwide with Pokémon Shuffle, the first Passcode has been released through Pokémon Get☆TV. This code gives you a special gift of 2 Mega Start items, which automatically activate your Pokémon's Mega Evolution at the start of a match. This code is usable worldwide and runs until April 30, 2015, so be sure to use it while you can. The code is: 20150007
___

A new event has been released for Pokémon Shuffle along with a Version 1.1.2 update. This event is for the special Pokémon, Kyogre, and is available until 23rd March at 06:00 UTC. It's the only way to get Kyogre and will give you a Jewel the first time you play it. In addition to that, the Mew event has been prolonged by two weeks, lasting until March 23rd at 06:00 UTC. As before, you can play as many times as you want and earn 1,000 Coins when you complete it.

Actually, I think they took out the 1,000 Coins thing...

Nala Valor

Ok so im about to restart a game in ORAS and choose my only pokemon. I've already done it with Myghthyena aka "the puppy god" so now I have no clue who to pick :V Anyone wants to follow me on my quest of having only one pokemon?

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

A new event has been added which runs for the next week. This competition has you face up against a Mega Lucario and will give all players a Jewel. The top 20,000 players in the west and 50,000 in Japan will then receive a Lucarionite to allow for their Lucario to Mega Evolve. The Lucarionite will be given to winners on March 23rd 2015 at 06:00 UTC until March 30th 2015 at 06:00 UTC. It's unknown if the Mega Stone will be distributed through other means at a later point. You need to check in and download the Version 1.1.3 patch to play and there are leaderboards to track your progress.

You can find the competition on the Special stages screen (where Mew and the others are found). Good luck to everyone competing!

Go Up