Wanders Tavern [Open-RP]

Started by DrifterCrow, 2017 Sep 14, 16:21:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julien999

All these informations given by the tavern keeper is interesting. He waits for him to finish his explanation before the man makes a reply. "Is that so? Well, I wonder where it could come from. If it's just a drink from my mind then... That's troubling. I had hoped to take something from a foreign world."

Nightshade Star

"ITS CALLED TAVERN SCIENCE!" I almost yelled, but I kept that thought in my mind.
"So, how does everything that was your homemade recipe somehow appear in the menu?" I said. "Is there one for everyone that you take out and hand it to?"

Silverbeat

Silverbeat nods, very much doubting that anything about the "human" would be boring. She was about to reply, but stopped to listen to what the tavern keeper was saying.
"Whoa. I've never heard of magic like that before. It sounds so cool." Now curious, she looks over the items on her menu, and finds that most of her favourite things are there. One in particular caught her attention. "Could I please get some blueberry pancakes? Feel like something sweet today. And I think little Max here would want some cabbage leaves". She turned to check on the lobster, noticing he wasn't looking very happy. "And maybe a bowl of water or something for him to sit in, if it's not asking too much".
Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^
If you see me around, feel free to say "hi" :)

DrifterCrow

"Very well," said the tavern keeper as he walks into the door behind the counter.

The door shuts closed. Krazy turns towards the others. He says, "While he is preoccupied, I can answer the other questions. The menus here only hold items found around the world. The menus change when the tavern picks up the memories of the food or drinks while still including the exotic items. It also adds it into its own memory, which is composed of nothing but recipes of every single food and drink in existence. However, it cannot serve any of those items without a tavern keeper, and for thousands of years, it had stayed silent until our current keeper has came and accepted the role."

"Now that he is here, he now serves this current generation with food and drinks as it has done before. And if you had not guessed by the magical transporting doors, this place is overflowing with magic. Enough magic to topple any powerful nation, and all of that is being directed towards providing lodge, food, and drinks while in off-site location no one can find," explained Krazy.

He turns back towards his food and eats the last of his bread, he soon begins consuming the soup.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Julien999

2017 Oct 08, 04:34:16 #124 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 08, 10:52:07 by Julien999
"Interesting indeed. Magic is a fresh thing to me and even tried things with them." Said the man while taking his hat off to reveal a bird made out of paper and then it begins to fly around the tavern while singing before landing and sitting on Nightlight's head.
Once the little paper bird does that, Zed frown and said. "Little bird, I had hoped you come back in the hat."
But the bird did not listen.

Sigh, that's all the man does. "Well, not have the total control over my magic but I tried."

"Hey, Nightlight." Here we go, he forgot to lower his voice while talking to her. "Did you know that humans existed in this land there is a long long time ago when it isn't called Equestria?"

Nightshade Star

I chuckled a bit when the bird landed on my head and wouldn't come back.
"Seriously?" I whispered to Zed. "Never knew that."

Silverbeat

"Wow, that sounds....intense." Silverbeat took a moment to let all that information sink in, looking around the tavern. "All that power, and it just uses it to run an awesome, magical tavern? What would happen if the tavern suddenly did want to 'topple a powerful nation'? Could even the Princesses stop it?" Silverbeat knew that the chances of a tavern suddenly taking over Equestria were probably pretty slim, but she still couldn't help wondering if it were possible.
Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^

DrifterCrow

2017 Oct 08, 18:12:54 #127 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 10, 18:15:40 by DrifterCrow
"Well, the tavern keeper would be the one who is to direct that power and many have tried to usurp the tavern keeper to take control of that power and use it to take over. I, myself, would love to get a hold of a similar power. However, back then the tavern had many patrons and many allies. Attempting to do something foolish would be a waste of time," explained Krazy.

"However, if the tavern wanted to take over, all it needs to do is destroy the government of the targeted nation. As for the Princesses, they won't see it coming. It just has to come out of a door, which would act as a focus, and obliterate the entire area, mountain and all. And even if the Princesses somehow survived, they would have to find the original location of the tavern, and only the tavern keepers knows of its true location. But the scenario of the tavern turning its power against the world is unlikely. The tavern's only purpose is to provide food, drink, and lodge. Nothing else. And it does it by choosing who is to be the next tavern keeper and giving them instructions on how to locate the tavern," said Krazy, replying to Silverbeat's question.

The tavern keeper walks out of the door with a bowl of water, a plate of cabbage leaves, and a plate of blueberry pancakes. He places them in front of Silverbeat. He looks over at Krazy and says, "I see you still pertain memories of the original."

"Hmm, yes. Always fun to have memories of his more exciting moments and use them in my more common practices," replied Krazy, giving the tavern keeper a rather creepy smile.

Drifter gives a rather bothered look at Krazy. He says, "Alright, stop before you ruin my drink. I'm trying to drink in peace without your nonsense."

"Fine," said Krazy as he returns his expression back to boredom.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

Silverbeat

"That's actually a pretty scary thought. I had no idea things that powerful even existed. But I guess it's okay, if it's not likely to do anything dangerous" Silverbeat was about to ask if the Princesses even knew about the place, but was distracted by the arrival of her pancakes. "Thank you! They look great" she said to the tavern keeper. She then carefully placed Max in the water bowl on the table, taking care to make sure he could reach the plate of cabbage leaves.
Still listening in on the conversation, she started eating her pancakes. She soon decided that no power or pony capable of making such delicious pancakes could ever be all that scary.

Julien999

When the tavern keeper came back, Zed remembered that there are other ponies + a wolf around, so he lowered his voice to whisper Nightlight.
"Neither I did. It was a old book I found in a library of which I thought was just legends and mythes, but Mimic found the same old book in one of Equestria's library. What both contains are similar, but what everybody see are different: Humans believed that these lands with such creatures are just legends, but Ponies believed that Humans are just legends.
What is in the book is about a pegasus who went beyond her world to seek help and she ended up meeting a human girl who is determined to do it. Once the pegasus brought her in her world, the human saved pony kinds from a certain centaure called Tirek with the help of the Rainbow of Light."

"There is more to it about this girl, but what caugh my eyes is the Rainbow of Light. Me and Mimic believed that the Elements of Harmony are related to this Rainbow of Light."

((Reference used : MLP G1))

Nightshade Star

(MLP G4 SEASON 4 BC TIREK)
I look at him, recalling the words "Tirek" and "Rainbow of Light."

DrifterCrow

"Had no idea?!" exclaimed Krazy. "Ever you actually stepped outside of your own nation and even looked? Even the isolated vill-"

Suddenly, Krazy turns silent. He opens his mouth but no sound came out, not even whisper. Drifter glances towards the tavern keeper for the source of Krazy's silence. "What?" said tavern keeper. "He needed to shut up. There are things in this world he has no business shouting it out, especially when they choose to be secretive."

The tavern keeper looks at Silverbeat. He says, "That said, there are things outside Equestria that are more powerful or equal to the Princesses. Some choose to stay hidden while others are more... 'loud'. The tavern is once such place of power. There is also unknown entities and the unfortunates, such as our loud-but-silent friend here."

He looks at Krazy and says, "Now, I will release the Silence spell. Once I do, you will not cause anymore commotions or troubles, or else I'll throw you out and take away your access to the tavern. Do I make myself clear?"

Krazy reluctantly nods at the tavern keeper, glaring at him. With that, the tavern keeper releases the spell on him, giving sound back to Krazy's voice. "Wow, I've never seen anyone make Krazy do anything, other than Raghnall," said Drifter. "Sorry for my friend's outburst, he forgets he is not in the 'old days' anymore."

Julien999

"Hmm?" Zed is now looking at Krazy who exclaimed. "Outside of one own nation? The isolated vil... is he saying a village? That reminds me, when did those popular mane 6 went outisde of Equestria?..."

He shrugs off and looks at Nightlight. "So, what do you think? Of this legend I mean."

((Okay, Tirek was beating both in G1 and G4 by a rainbow like attack))

Nightshade Star

2017 Oct 11, 18:29:30 #133 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 16, 20:10:32 by Nightshade Star
"I think it's cool." I said to Zed, not really wanting to say anything.
I still remember encountering a thing outside of this nation... a python-pony hybrid, I think?

Silverbeat

Silverbeat jumped in fright at the sudden exclamation, nearly choking on her piece of pancake. Then, after the initial shock wore off, she watched with mild amusement as Krazy fell silent. She then stopped to listen to the tavern keeper, breaking off a small piece of her pancake and giving it to Max.
"That's amazing. I guess I might be a little...er...sheltered? But I don't really know all too much about things outside Equestria". She paused for a moment, then added "Actually, there's probably a whole heap of stuff in Equestria I don't even know".

Julien999

2017 Oct 13, 16:04:25 #135 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 14, 10:49:44 by Julien999 Reason: Changed some stuffs or I know too much
"You know what?" Still in low voice to Nightlight. "I was wondering about something ever since you told me what you've seen about this Malware."

He takes a sip, again. "I... Found out that there are multiple outcomes, or more likely different lines of time in it. Seems to confirme my suspicions by what you and Mimic told me. You see, it's not only with Malware, but anywhere: a line of time where one exist, and another where is not. There are also few of those line of times that I like to call it the "Lost Timeline"... most likely because of something bad happened that this line of times stop continuing or it's the end. This was so confusing that I did not continue looking into it, but..."

Nightshade Star

"You understand now?" I finished, looking at him like he just answered a question in math that I had no idea what the answer was. "I've always thought of a timeline like that," I said. "But it's more like you make a different choice, and then the future changes and sets you off a different path."

Julien999

2017 Oct 14, 14:50:08 #137 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 15, 03:00:39 by Julien999
"Exactly." He said.
"Some of the timelines get the opportunity to change drastically and become a alternate universe compared to their original. There are also rare cases where one person will remember things that belong to their alternative timeline or universe, which I am one of them."

He puts his hand on the table facing upward, he looks into Nightlight's big eyes (in his opinion... Seriously, they are big) and says. "I can show you what I remembered, not myself, but the me of another line if you put your... uh, hoof on my hand. Might be a Lost Timeline."

"So, wanna see what I saw?"
((Show story in RP or in PM?))

Nightshade Star

(RP)
"Ok.." I carefully touched his hand, and images started to appear randomly; it's like going through a portal.
(Her eyes are pretty big and twinkle a bit usually)

Julien999

2017 Oct 16, 01:01:54 #139 Last Edit: 2017 Oct 16, 11:30:46 by Julien999 Reason: Old Temple
By the time Nightlight touches his hand, Zed song a spell.

Nightlight will see this event as a spectator, third person and not directly through the human's eyes.

Spoiler: Somewhere in a different time... Somewhere in a similar world... • show

That place seems to be a old temple or something. Old because of these many debris around.
There is a young woman (but looks like 15-16 years old) on the floor wounded, she has a red coat with a white shirt and a skirt, a pair of black gloves and a pair of black boots with a long messy dark hair, long to her shoulders.
Spoiler: Similar costum • show

There is also a strange creature hybrid of a pony and a lizard... no, may not be a lizard but of a basilisk. It was charging at the woman with it's claws, but a white mare with dark mane jumped in front and took the hit instead. She charged a spell and blasted the basilisk pony away. "Wonder!" shouted the woman.
Looks like that creature's claws can change anyone hit by it to stone as seen on the mare. The mare turned around to look at the woman with her rainbow eyes and said "Sorry Zed..." before she became completely stone.
The hybrid enemy is now standing again and is approaching the woman, probably named Zed by the mare, trying to pick her rapier back on the floor, but once she took her weapon and draw it to her enemy, he immediately swung his claw and sent the rapier far away from reach.
Unable to do anything sitting on the floor, she can only goes backward while watching the pony hybrid approaching. When her back touch the wall, she thought it's the end and the beast once again with his claw, started to swing...
Thought when he started to swing, the memories afterward are blurred.

... So, it looks like that's all he remember. "So? It looks like the chance to survive is really small..."

Go Up