Now Recruiting: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers and 2D Artists!

Started by Liska, 2013 Mar 08, 17:35:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CoalThunder

Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2013 Mar 13, 17:24:14
Quote from: CoalThunder on 2013 Mar 13, 17:18:16
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! If only I had better than animating skills! I've been using Source Filmmaker recently, and have extremely basic skills, and by extremely basic, I mean I can move position 1 to 2, and move things VERY robotically. Could you guys wait two or three years so I can teach myself to animate a lot better? XD

Even if you master SFM they are making game, not an animation short  :] Also SFM works with TF2 and this aint it

Shush! SFM would help me learn how to animate! It wouldn't limit me...would it?  DD:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/angrythunder.gif/][IMG]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/750/angrythunder.gif[/img][/URL]
THE WONDERS OF PAINT MY FELLOW PONIES!
Stick to your friends, always believe.

Dark_Twilight

Quote from: CoalThunder on 2013 Mar 13, 17:37:40

Shush! SFM would help me learn how to animate! It wouldn't limit me...would it?  DD:

You're learning one program only to learn later you will be using a completely different one later?

Play with Blender instead.

Unless you want to go with video editing learning

Itty Bit

Good luck to everyone who applies! While I'm sure I'm not really good enough for any of these roles at the current time, I hope the team finds some great members to help the game blossom into something amazing <3

Book Smarts

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2013 Mar 13, 20:41:50
Good luck to everyone who applies! While I'm sure I'm not really good enough for any of these roles at the current time, I hope the team finds some great members to help the game blossom into something amazing <3

You could always try for a Public Relations spot  ^-^

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! If only I had better than animating skills! I've been using Source Filmmaker recently, and have extremely basic skills, and by extremely basic, I mean I can move position 1 to 2, and move things VERY robotically. Could you guys wait two or three years so I can teach myself to animate a lot better? XD

Even if you master SFM they are making game, not an animation short  :] Also SFM works with TF2 and this aint it

Sadly SFM is a program that uses a game engine from Valve, it is not the same engine being developed for this game. Look around the Video forum under User Submitted Content, you might find some useful information on other animating programs that could help you.  :D

Itty Bit

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Mar 14, 00:48:36

You could always try for a Public Relations  ^-^

Sadly SFM is a program that uses a game engine from Valve, it is not the same engine being developed for this game. Look around the Video forum under User Submitted Content, you might find some useful information on other animating programs that could help you.  :D
talking to
Haha, I could, but you see, being public relations means being socially awesome. Which I certainly am not ^^;

SweBow

KireiameJin

My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Julius

Purr~

CoalThunder

Its not a bad place to start is it? Please tell me it isn't!  D:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/angrythunder.gif/][IMG]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/750/angrythunder.gif[/img][/URL]
THE WONDERS OF PAINT MY FELLOW PONIES!
Stick to your friends, always believe.

Book Smarts

Spoiler: show
Quote from: CoalThunder on 2013 Mar 14, 12:41:09

[/quote]
Not at all, you should look into doing Machinima's as well. It's like using SFM, but with additional freedom.

Midnight_Breeze

well, I would have loved to have taken up that public relations job, but like I said on your face book, Im grounded and cant :'( . it realy sucks too because I think I'd be well qualified for the job. D:
I have several ocs...

Julius

Who says you can't apply if you're grounded? You're online right now... lol

Besides, you won't be grounded forever! ;)
Purr~

HaponyHanzo

I's not a bad start to get a idea how animating works but my advice is try to animate something with blender. When you need a model to train at you can download rigged models at http://www.blendswap.com

Julius

Wait, you too failed at quoting, exactly like Book did... Without actually quoting Book... Bwuahaha! lol

There you go. :P
Purr~

CyanPiRex

I've sent my letter to Princess Celes- er... Whoever should receive it. How long do we wait for a response?  ^-^
I do art, guys!

DeviantArt: http://pi-rex.deviantart.com/

McSleuthburger

Quote from: CyanPiRex on 2013 Mar 14, 22:22:58
I've sent my letter to Princess Celes- er... Whoever should receive it. How long do we wait for a response?  ^-^

it may vary per who you submitted it to, if you are selected they will get in contact with you, if not they will not contact you back
just keep an eye on your email or messages on here I would assume
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Mar 14, 22:32:40

it may vary per who you submitted it to, if you are selected they will get in contact with you, if not they will not contact you back

Don't be so sure about that McSleuth. I have gotten some pointers (A few days ago actually, just didn't feel like sharing it yet), and I guess I could reapply since Kit added the note, but I'm working on those pointers Vector gave me. I may reapply this time or wait 'till the next round of applications opens. ^-^

Unless I actually made it. That would be impressive! I don't recall reading anything along the lines of "You made it" though... :P
Purr~

CyanPiRex

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Mar 14, 22:32:40

I just don't remember having an application take long to review. Usually it takes a day to evaluate and assess, depending on the time constraints of any administrator.

I guess I should just wait even further. There is also a review of outputs (art).
I do art, guys!

DeviantArt: http://pi-rex.deviantart.com/

McSleuthburger

I mean it might take a few days at most im guessing, some people might have busy days during the week (I dont know schedules  lol)
also like I said before it may vary per person
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Lord of Madness

well ether way my friends good luck on what you want to happen :DD

Go Up