RuneScape (oh yes I did)

Started by Link, 2012 May 22, 20:12:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Link

So, just curious.
Any other scapers out there in the LoE community?

If you don't like RuneScape, please just don't post about it; remember the love and tolerate motto please!  <3
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Rad Thunder

I did, but I got bored of it. :\

Secret

Played it through 2004-2011, although I played a lot less after 2007 when the wilderness was removed (it was by far the most enjoyable part of the game for me) and I know they re-introduced it but I lost a lot of interest by then.

I heard they are completely remaking the combat system soon so I might check it out again, I do have a couple of really good accounts just incase of that but I doubt it, unless it happens to be really good or I happen to be really bored although it just isn't the same as it used to be.

Link

Yea, I know how you feel  :\

My account is ~8 years old by now, I just play for nostalgia  ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Secret

Quote from: Link on 2012 May 23, 14:42:05

That's the feeling I get when I'm bored sometimes, nostalgia makes me want to give it another go and make one of my accounts a member but then I realise that PvP is no were near as fun or even as satisfying as it was back in 2004-2007.

Also I heard they added in options to basically buy items/XP through the use of the 'squeal of fortune' or whatever it is? (haven't played in a long time, no idea what it is) and after being against RWT for a long time, how funny.

Link

Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 23, 14:50:44

That's the feeling I get when I'm bored sometimes, nostalgia makes me want to give it another go and make one of my accounts a member but then I realise that PvP is no were near as fun or even as satisfying as it was back in 2004-2007.

Also I heard they added in options to basically buy items/XP through the use of the 'squeal of fortune' or whatever it is? (haven't played in a long time, no idea what it is) and after being against RWT for a long time, how funny.

Yea, it's pretty sad  :\
Luckily like 95% of players have the decency to not pay Jagex for their xp.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

CyanideInsanity

2012 May 23, 18:33:02 #6 Last Edit: 2012 May 23, 18:35:52 by CyanideInsanity
I do, but I don't think I'll be playing for more than a year with the way Jagex has been handling things. They seem to do one update that receives overall positive reactions from the community, and then an update that is pretty much disliked by the community.

Though I am looking forward to the combat overhaul their going to do soon.

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Link on 2012 May 23, 15:00:05
Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 23, 14:50:44

Yea, it's pretty sad  :\
Luckily like 95% of players have the decency to not pay Jagex for their xp.

I refuse to call if by its name and instead call if the squeal of 4chan. Anyway, Jagex logic for that - Most players use their free spins so that means they support buyable spins. Awesome logic, isn't is...
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Phoenix dust

Interesting while it lasted, and I would of stayed on, but lack of employment saw me having to give up.
As I didn't have the expendable cash to spend of a membership.
ADD me none the less if you like. I'm on there from time to time.

T L D5

Dust

Ryo_D_Disk

it still exists  O:(no offence) its been so long scince i heard from it not a bad game i may try it again in the future scince i played it when it was fairly new (i cant even remeber the username for it  lol)

Phoenix dust

From what it used to be, it's come a a heck of a long way.
new quests, added items skills, highly updated graphics . new XP, and health systems.

over the last 3 years I've watched it grow, and rapidly at that.

I'd suggest any one with an evening free, to at least give it a try. it isn't an intense game, but it i a time burner you can get into.

Dust.

Ozzy

I played Runescape for a while but it wasn't really for me  x3
Truth told I didn't really understand what was going on  o_O Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention  =P

Link

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 25, 11:29:51
I played Runescape for a while but it wasn't really for me  x3
Truth told I didn't really understand what was going on  o_O Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention  =P

It takes a while to get into it to be honest  ^-^

At the lower levels, it's not the most thrilling game, but they're trying to make it exciting until you get high leveled and can kill bosses and do other fun stuff like that  =P
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Scaper here!

Haha Wtf O_o, been playing since 2008, took a 290 day break until but a week ago. Became member.

Gawd this game changed so much.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Blues-Music

I am playing runescape a skiller member I play this game for 1 year leave it the next thats the weirdest thing about runescape you always end up liking it then leaving it then getting bored ,and playing it ,but liking it again.

Secret

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 May 25, 19:05:52
Scaper here!

Haha Wtf O_o, been playing since 2008, took a 290 day break until but a week ago. Became member.

It sure is a shame you didn't play during the golden days. >.<

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 28, 16:20:07
Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 May 25, 19:05:52
Scaper here!

It sure is a shame you didn't play during the golden days. >.<

Indeed. But hey, nowadays everything is so cheap! A noob like me can now afford 3rd age range gear no problem, and still have a few mils left. Back then that kind of stuff was 100's of mils. It seems that for some unknown reason (Anyone knows - please tell me, I am really curious) everything crashed below the ocean floor.

Saturnine

Ah, that game brings nostalgic memories! I have played it when I was 8-10 years old, so yeah I quit for 8 years. I check back on the site whenever someone mentions the game, and it shows that they have improved ten-times fold compared to the past. I did enjoy the game for those two good ol' years. I just don't play anymore. xD

Link

Quote from: Saturnine on 2012 May 28, 19:52:43
Ah, that game brings nostalgic memories! I have played it when I was 8-10 years old, so yeah I quit for 8 years. I check back on the site whenever someone mentions the game, and it shows that they have improved ten-times fold compared to the past. I did enjoy the game for those two good ol' years. I just don't play anymore. xD

I know what you mean... Except I just can't stop.  :I

So many memories are in that game...My account must be about 8 years old by now  o_o
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Link on 2012 May 31, 12:36:40
Quote from: Saturnine on 2012 May 28, 19:52:43

I know what you mean... Except I just can't stop.  :I

So many memories are in that game...My account must be about 8 years old by now  o_o

You lucky pony you.

I wish I could have played back then...I've joined in late 2008, so I didn't get to play in "The Golden Days" =(

Well, at least stuff is dirt cheap now!

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Ezio Auditore da Firenze on 2012 May 28, 18:57:33
Indeed. But hey, nowadays everything is so cheap! A noob like me can now afford 3rd age range gear no problem, and still have a few mils left. Back then that kind of stuff was 100's of mils. It seems that for some unknown reason (Anyone knows - please tell me, I am really curious) everything crashed below the ocean floor.

Well a huge part of the market crash was because of bots. About 100k bots throughout each day, to be exact. People really wanted to play this game, without playing it. Jagex did manage to nuke 'em, though the did mutate from the nuclear radiation and a sadly still around, though to a much lesser extent.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Go Up