Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

Not judging books by their covers.Don't get me wrong I mean not at all.People know look at anything ,and take it right away without thinking because of that phrase.If this was a bookstore ,and I can't read books without buying them I can only judge it by its color.
I also hate team work if its in real life.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 16, 18:43:46
It annoys me when almost everyone in my group in my current physics class contributes almost nothing to the problems we're doing, and I end up doing 95% of the work. Even if they're confused, it'd be nice to see some effort.

Then again, sometimes this arrangement leads to us getting out of class early, so...

Uuuugh. I've grown to where I want to lead the group until I can assess how competent everyone is. :l If they won't listen to me and keep doing stuff that's a really bad idea or a horrible answer, I end up just giving the hay up and stop participating.

Biggest contributions to this attitude? 6th grade, where my group had to start our own society. They kept making decisions that I felt would lead to our demise. 8th grade, where my group was stuck on a deserted island, one girl didn't know the meaning of the word "vegetation" and thought the island was literally a desert, and they kept making decisions that typically end horribly.
If I had gotten angry enough to snap that day, everyone would've seen my dark side, and I would've threatened to let everyone else on the island die via my "survival of the fittest" tactics.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Trying to work on Gundam model and everything just has to get in my way  :I

Chishio Kunrin

I've mentioned before that my brain sometimes does a stupid thing where I accidentally inhale while drinking something. Well...

Worse is the rare occasion where I don't realize what's happening quickly enough to override my body's "Close everything!!!" response and calmly swallow the rest, then cough. The "Close everything!!!" response causes me to dribble/spit my drink on myself. >:( I'm so glad that most public places give you a straw. This crap never happens when I'm drinking through a straw.

byndbored

DVD cases that are made in such a way that it makes it hard to remove the disc without breaking it. :l
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: byndbored on 2012 Jul 17, 15:02:47
DVD cases that are made in such a way that it makes it hard to remove the disc without breaking it. :l

And video game cases that do that! >:O

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Jul 17, 15:13:47
When i eat Pringles and my hand does get stuck. My problem: I can only get my hand out if i let go of the chips.

It takes practice, but then again, I'm kind of a small person. I just make my hand thin and narrow, reach in, use my thumb to pull up a chip while kinda pushing the other end of the chip with my fingertips to get it against my fingers, and then try to keep my hand thin and narrow while I pull the chip out.

Johannes

People who can't see the difference between Mkb42/StG44 and Ak-47 :c
And people who say that StG44 is a copy of Ak-47 >:(

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Johannes on 2012 Jul 17, 16:32:58

StG44>AK-47

Games that focus on realism and good graphics over any actual playability
looking at you EVERY LAST FPS OUT THERE

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Sea Foam

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 17, 16:36:59

This.
One trillion times THIS!

I wish that last sentence was bigger because truer words are rarely spoken.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

StG44>AK-47

People who think what defines a good game is beautiful graphics. >:/
Looking at you, everyone who says "Minecraft sucks, look at how crappy and pixelated the graphics are. It's just squares."

I mean, hey, Final Fantasy 7 is pretty freaking awesome, and some of its characters are pretty dang well-known, but look at its graphics. Granted, it was on PS1, but still.

Sea Foam

I firmly believe that graphics were more appealing on 16 bit consoles than anything made today.

I find games like Secret of Mana and Yoshi's island (SNES) to be much more aesthetically pleasing than games like Skyrim or (insert generic FPS game here.)

ChilledEagle

2012 Jul 17, 17:02:44 #932 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 17, 17:11:12 by ChilledEagle
While on the subject of gaming...
fan-boys/console debates

Sony/Microsoft fan-boys have been insulting Nintendo because they are a "casual" gaming company or they don't have top notch graphics. Well the Wii U fixed all of those problems, so what's the reason for all the hate this time? It can't be the controller because pretty much anybody who got hands on have said the controller was actually comfy and it doesn't feel awkward. They have a decent list of hardcore games coming out on the Wii U while still entertaining the casual audience. What's the problem now?

And then Nintendo fan-boys: They won't let Nintendo try anything new. They keep saying "Where's Legend of Zelda/Star Fox/Metroid/etc."
When Nintendo tries something new, the fans instantly turn it down because it's not the same repeated franchise that they've milked for the past 20 years.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 16:42:21

This.
One trillion times THIS!

I wish that last sentence was bigger because truer words are rarely spoken.

That good?

Competitive multiplayer.
Less because I suck and more because it encourages all sorts of horrid things, almost all of which eliminate fun. If you're doing it for pure fun and let others have fun, it works. Otherwise, please focus on the singleplayer and co-op parts of the games.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 16:47:13

StG44>AK-47

Looking at you, everyone who says "Minecraft sucks, look at how crappy and pixelated the graphics are. It's just squares."

I mean, hey, Final Fantasy 7 is pretty freaking awesome, and some of its characters are pretty dang well-known, but look at its graphics. Granted, it was on PS1, but still.

I dunno... the 3D parts of FF7 looked pretty ridiculous, but the 2D backgrounds (most of the environment) looked great IMO, and on the whole I really liked the game's visual style.

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 16:58:18
I firmly believe that graphics were more appealing on 16 bit consoles than anything made today.

I find games like Secret of Mana and Yoshi's island (SNES) to be much more aesthetically pleasing than games like Skyrim or (insert generic FPS game here.)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't played Secret of Mana, but there were a lot of great-looking games on that system. Yoshi's Island in particular was probably one of the most artistically interesting games I've ever played.

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 17, 17:07:59
Competitive multiplayer.
Less because I suck and more because it encourages all sorts of horrid things, almost all of which eliminate fun. If you're doing it for pure fun and let others have fun, it works. Otherwise, please focus on the singleplayer and co-op parts of the games.

Different people have fun in different ways. Some people enjoy the competitive side of things, and it doesn't have to lead to people being jerks. That is "pure fun" to some people.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Johannes

The fact that FPS games are used as a tool of propaganda.

Stereotypical FPS game:
USA: Good guys
Russia: Bad guys

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 17:11:18
Different people have fun in different ways. Some people enjoy the competitive side of things, and it doesn't have to lead to people being jerks. That is "pure fun" to some people.

What I meant was people preventing others from having fun by exploiting/hacking and stuff like that.
>find glitch that allows you to be directly under the map and still shoot people above you
>exploit it
>???
>wreck the game for everyone else

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 16:47:13

StG44>AK-47

I dunno... the 3D parts of FF7 looked pretty ridiculous, but the 2D backgrounds (most of the environment) looked great IMO, and on the whole I really liked the game's visual style.

Yeah, I was thinking more about...
Spoiler: show

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 17, 17:18:27

What I meant was people preventing others from having fun by exploiting/hacking and stuff like that.
>find glitch that allows you to be directly under the map and still shoot people above you
>exploit it
>???

>Run in this corner for a moment
>Jump off the edge
>Land on this little wall
>Bounce extremely high for some glitchy reason to a place no one can reach you without the glitch
>???
>Become the most hated sniper in the history of Halo

lurk852

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 17, 17:18:27

>exploit it
>???

Some people will inevitably exploit stuff like that whether or not the environment is competitive. That's why I prefer online games with non-lazy makers that patch exploits once they become known  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Sea Foam

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 16:58:18

Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't played Secret of Mana, but there were a lot of great-looking games on that system. Yoshi's Island in particular was probably one of the most artistically interesting games I've ever played.

Ever play Mother 3? You won't find a game more visually pleasing.
____

I feel like the game industry doesn't try anything new, because they feel they can't afford to.

Shooter games sell; lets keep making them only with slight alterations.

Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Nintendo mascots sell; let's forget about the creativity we used to have and give them what they'll buy.

I miss games that are different and show you something you rarely see. I want more games like Earthworm Jim and LSD: Dream Emulator where the creativity actually shows me something I've never imagined before.

Go Up