Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 01, 12:01:12
people that can't spell, let alone use proper grammar, in a RP....ITS SO HARD TO NOT SAY ANYTHING  >:(

Yes. Just, yes.

Little Judas

Power-players and people that can't spell, let alone use proper grammar, in a RP....ITS SO HARD TO NOT SAY ANYTHING  >:(

OK, done with grammar Nazi-rage. I feel better now.  :3

Think of it as a strange dialect, which is sometimes difficult to understand.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Link

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jul 01, 17:36:07
Power-players and people that can't spell, let alone use proper grammar, in a RP....ITS SO HARD TO NOT SAY ANYTHING  >:(

Hahaha fair enough  lol

But still, these people with overpowered OCs that go and powerplay on roleplays...plus the fact they can't spell.... >:(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 01, 17:38:47

Hahaha fair enough  lol

But still, these people with overpowered OCs that go and powerplay on roleplays...plus the fact they can't spell.... >:(

Yep. Most browsers come with spell check these days, and spell check works in the forum. Use it. >:/

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Link

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 01, 19:08:37
Quote from: Link on 2012 Jul 01, 17:38:47

Hahaha fair enough  lol

Yep. Most browsers come with spell check these days, and spell check works in the forum. Use it. >:/

PLEASE. I'll pay you in internets!  DD:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Zygrograxgra

Games that let you customize everything about the head, but next to nothing about the body.
I mean, seriously!

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

Ponies who never use punctuation annoy me sometimes. x3  Especially if there's a lack of periods and commas, or even question marks.  How am I supposed to know if that was a question? x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Zaner-Boy

The fact that almost every day I'm getting rushed around, to go places I don't wanna go, to do things I don't wanna do, and I always get called right after I sit down and get comfortable.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 02, 16:54:05 #748 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 02, 17:13:52 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 01, 23:31:25
Ponies who never use punctuation annoy me sometimes. x3  Especially if there's a lack of periods and commas, or even question marks.  How am I supposed to know if that was a question? x3

I think the only time I end a question with a period is to imply a certain tone, like if I said "Are you serious." There might be a level of absurdity to what I'm asking if the person is serious about. But other than that, I agree.

It annoys me when people act like ancestry just follows two straight lines that lead to your parents and converge on you. It's a massive network, hence why it's called a family tree. When you think about it, although you have one father, you have two grandfathers, and four great-grandfathers, and eight great-great grandfathers, and so on. Branches in your tree even connect to other people's trees via marriage.

It's not something as simple as "From Germany to Ireland to America, bam, all I am is German and Irish." Sure, German and Irish is thickest in your blood, but there are many branches coming from elsewhere that have become diluted with time.

Thus, people who complain about the jump from Italy to America in the Assassin's Creed series annoy me. Besides, the main character Desmond was born in New York, and a lot of Italians came into America at New York.

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Jul 02, 16:33:34
The fact that almost every day I'm getting rushed around, to go places I don't wanna go, to do things I don't wanna do, and I always get called right after I sit down and get comfortable.

Yeah the same problem here, mainly from my parents asking me to do simple tasks that they're too lazy to do themselves.

Chishio Kunrin

When someone gets offended over the silliest thing and objects to what you said, despite the fact that you're right.

To get a clue of what I'm talking about, here's an example:
I was at my step-cousin's house one day, and I noticed his cat's tail only reached about half the cat's height, and it didn't look like a Manx cat. I pointed out the cat's tail is kinda short. My step-cousin objected to this and insisted that it's a normal length. I've had cats all my life, and all the cats we've had have had a tail that can reach the floor. But I backed away from the topic since he stood firm in arguing that the cat's tail wasn't short.

Chautauquan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 02, 16:54:05

It annoys me when people act like ancestry just follows two straight lines that lead to your parents and converge on you. It's a massive network, hence why it's called a family tree. When you think about it, although you have one father, you have two grandfathers, and four great-grandfathers, and eight great-great grandfathers, and so on. Branches in your tree even connect to other people's trees via marriage.

It's not something as simple as "From Germany to Ireland to America, bam, all I am is German and Irish." Sure, German and Irish is thickest in your blood, but there are many branches coming from elsewhere that have become diluted with time.

Thus, people who complain about the jump from Italy to America in the Assassin's Creed series annoy me. Besides, the main character Desmond was born in New York, and a lot of Italians came into America at New York.

Yeah.  Even worse are those that protest a single line, based on surname.  Shoot, my surname is the least pure bloodline as far as I can tell, so people say I'm German and I correct them.  Not to mention cultural differences and milieu, which I think are just as much a part of the makeup of an individual as the others.  I mean, really, the differences in nationalities are mostly superficial.  Culture is where things get interesting.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Sea Foam

Days that are great, but end so horribly that it ruins every good thing that happened. Especially when you know for a fact that the next day won't be any better, and may actually be worse.  >.<

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Crystal Chaos

When people say my brother's name with a French accent. We're bucking Russian!

byndbored

Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Book Smarts

Quote from: byndbored on 2012 Jul 03, 09:44:29
Exclusive game content.

Yeah, it usually ends up making me get the other console   >:(

Chishio Kunrin

Games where you can barely get anything at all unless you're a paying member or buy items with cash. :c If you're gonna have your game get people to pay you, at least let there be a good amount of items available to nonpaying people.

I dunno if this has changed, but last time I played Club Penguin, the only way for a nonpaying member to get equip-able items was if they were freebies for special little events. Made me so sad.

Book Smarts

Dark Souls, I was just playing my friends version and I was doing fine, got hit a couple times, escaped from the boss that you fight later. I get to the second floor and go through a door and I'm on the balcony looking down on the boss that I escaped from. I'm gloating at it and it's just staring up at me and right as I'm laughing that I have the high ground advantage, the boss jumps up and pounds me down to the first floor with a large mace and I die.  :I

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 03, 20:24:14
Dark Souls, I was just playing my friends version and I was doing fine, got hit a couple times, escaped from the boss that you fight later. I get to the second floor and go through a door and I'm on the balcony looking down on the boss that I escaped from. I'm gloating at it and it's just staring up at me and right as I'm laughing that I have the high ground advantage, the boss jumps up and pounds me down to the first floor with a large mace and I die.  :I

Sounds to me like you deserved it.

Book Smarts

Go Up