New Chatbox - Post feedback and suggestions for it here!

Started by Liska, 2013 Oct 14, 01:32:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

Hey, everyone! I'm sure you noticed the new chatbox.

The chatbox is only accessible on the forum index for now and only forum members can see it.

• Do you think it should be on any other forum pages?

• Do you think the chatbox should have its own page in the forums?

• Should smileys be enabled in the chatbox?

Any other comments, feedback, or suggestions welcome!

PrincessButton

I think it's neat, but also think it'd be even neater if it were on all the pages, maybe as a sidebar thing, if that is possible.. So we could chat while forum surfing. But as it is now we can always just have it open in another window/tab, so I cannot really complain.  ^-^ I think having it's own page might be better though, it could be awkward to have it on the very front page of the forum, new people might be.. put off by it? I don't know, I'm probably over-thinking it.  X3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Night Pony

QuoteDo you think it should be on any other forum pages?

No.

QuoteDo you think the chatbox should have its own page in the forums?

No.

QuoteShould smileys be enabled in the chatbox?

Yes.

Also make it so you can hide it like the forum sections.
Oh it's collapsible...ops.  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

moonlight7starshine

It shall has pretty back rounds and rainbow bordering

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

Howitzer

LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

GoldenTerrabyte

It's 99% perfect. It just has a lack of...
Colored text.
I'm back

Weatherboy1

Yes
Yes
And Yes.
Please do add colored text if you can!

Liska

Sorry, I disabled all text effect features in order to keep the chatbox simple and not allow people to use glaringly neon rainbow colors that distract from other messages.
I've also seen people use text colors in their roleplay posts as their character's "voice," and I don't wish the chatbox to degrade into a roleplay chatbox.

AntlerShy

Just wanted to share a little issue with the chat in popup mode, which can be rather confusing.
Messages tend to show up seemingly random in either the chat window still on the page or the one that's popped out, regardless of which one is currently the active window.

Edit:

I tried avoiding having the index page open while also having the chat popped out. When I went back to the index page I noticed even though the page was not open I still didn't receive most of the messages in the popup, so it's not only an issue when having two chats open. The update button doesn't do anything, refreshing the popup does help, though.

Bane Emural

Could disabling text features on the chat effect other parts of the forum like replies? Because none of text features are showing up when I reply for a topic or start one. And this happened at the same time when I first saw that chat box. Now its taking the features to load up very slowly or none at all.
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

GoldenTerrabyte

Strange, I'm not getting that. And besides, you can still type out the text effects, they still work. Like so.
I'm back

Julius

Just wanted to let y'all know that I used it a couple of nights ago for a message or two, and it's very smooth from an iPhone. Thanks for keeping the site mobile friendly for mostly-mobile users such as myself, even if not exactly intended. ^-^
Purr~

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm mostly mobile too, 3DS all the way! And it's perfect on there!
I'm back

Night Pony

The chatbox acquired a bug after the migration. The speaker is set to mute the sounds from new messages but the sounds keep beeping. Also the button can't be toggled between on and off.

Julius

Not to mention that 75% Of the time the chat doesn't load now... :I
Purr~

Night Pony

Wait...false alarm. It appears that it's working and i just forgot that the toggling was just change of BG colour.  X3

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Night Pony

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Nov 14, 12:25:35
You can change the background color? Where?

I was talking about the speaker toggle. It's just changes colour when you click it.

Go Up