Registration Issue - Captcha Not Appearing, Cause Unknown

Started by Azure-spark, 2014 Jan 22, 22:16:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Azure-spark

So, I've only recently registered here on the site/forums. A friend told me about the upcoming server 'uptime' this weekend and thought I'd like a chance to give it a try. Everything seemed in order, up through filling out information. I had a valid username, password, all of that. I answered "yes" I am human (or "no" I am not bot on later attempts), and answered "Spike" as Twilight's dragon assistant and "White" as Rarity's coat color.

The problem was, on my screen, that was all that showed up. Every time I then hit the button to continue, it came up with the odd-looking message of "The letters do not match what is in the picture" or some such. As it turns out, there was supposed to be a captcha, but it didn't load for the first ten-fifteen or so attempts at registration. I don't know if it was my browser (Firefox) or an issue with the site at the time, but it completely prevented completing registration.

Long story short, the captcha might not always load in some browsers, and there's no indication that there needs to be one. The error message that comes up isn't quite clear. But mostly that first thing. I believe someone ought to look into that ~

Pipkin

Honestly this was the 1st time i've heard of this issue happening.  It could be the forums were running a little slower than normal due to an increase in traffic.  I'm not sure what to say.

I assume it did eventually work for you on firefox, or did you switch browsers?  At any rate if issues like this occur during registration I usually suggest the person to try a different browser.

Glad you got registered though :)

Prismatic

It's possible that the server maintenance last night may of left a few things out of alignment.

Pipkin

Perhaps, but I assume it's more of a browser related or cache related issue rather than a server related issue, as I have only seen one report of this happening.  We'll see if anyone else experienced this issue

Azure-spark

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Jan 22, 22:21:29
Honestly this was the 1st time i've heard of this issue happening.  It could be the forums were running a little slower than normal due to an increase in traffic.  I'm not sure what to say.

I assume it did eventually work for you on firefox, or did you switch browsers?  At any rate if issues like this occur during registration I usually suggest the person to try a different browser.

Glad you got registered though :)

Yeah, I stuck with Firefox. Not entirely sure what changed to make the captcha appear.

And thanks. Looking forward to see where all of this goes ~

Go Up