Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 08, 01:45:26 #15340 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 08, 01:47:37 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Feb 07, 16:24:49
These are the reasons I'm afraid to RP, the worry about being "that guy"...
i used to RP A lot on facebook but now i feel rusty and at the same time this really isn't my domain
meaning i'll probably just ruin the "flow" for everyone else
in all honesty the way things work here is totally different compared to how it is on facebook and i don't mean the rules   

Post Merge

why does this site crash on certain treads when i'm using google crome :s?
sometimes i got to change to firefox to even be able to read some of these >:/

Caballia

That guy in the police helicopter. No matter where the video is from the voice is always the same. And he says "UNBELIEVABLE" waaaaay too much and about almost everything. No matter how minor the incident.

SUSPECT IS GOING FIVE MILES AN HOUR UNBELIEVABLE!
Oh, what a night

Ramisha

People asking me what college I will choose all the time. I don't KNOW yet I just started high school. I don't even know what colleges even exist.

Midnight Breeze

Manual transmission elitists. Look, I admit it, I can't drive a manual gearbox. It's not because I'm lazy or stupid, it's because I live in the 21th century. The manual gearbox is outdated technology, period. Sure, up until about a decade ago automatic transmission was largely a luxury feature and manual was still better to get the most out of fuel economy and speed, but that was with the technology of yesteryear. Today modern cars have advanced on-board computer systems that are programmed to get the most out of the engine transmission. Today a manual gearbox is little more than a toy for hardcore car enthusiasts, there's really no longer any practically reason to use it.

It's one thing to personally prefer manual transmission because you feel it's more fun and engaging to drive, it's another to be an elitist about it and say "If you can't drive a stick shift, then you can't drive." As far as I'm concerned, that's the equivalent of a gun enthusiast saying "If you can't shoot a 16th-centure musket, then you can't shoot." Technology changes and advances, it's called living in a modern society. Me? I'm a tech enthusiast. I like to embrace technological evolution rather than fight against it.

Caballia

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 09, 04:42:33
Manual transmission elitists. Look, I admit it, I can't drive a manual gearbox. It's not because I'm lazy or stupid, it's because I live in the 21th century. The manual gearbox is outdated technology, period. Sure, up until about a decade ago automatic transmission was largely a luxury feature and manual was still better to get the most out of fuel economy and speed, but that was with the technology of yesteryear. Today modern cars have advanced on-board computer systems that are programmed to get the most out of the engine transmission. Today a manual gearbox is little more than a toy for hardcore car enthusiasts, there's really no longer any practically reason to use it.

It's one thing to personally prefer manual transmission because you feel it's more fun and engaging to drive, it's another to be an elitist about it and say "If you can't drive a stick shift, then you can't drive." As far as I'm concerned, that's the equivalent of a gun enthusiast saying "If you can't shoot a 16th-centure musket, then you can't shoot." Technology changes and advances, it's called living in a modern society. Me? I'm a tech enthusiast. I like to embrace technological evolution rather than fight against it.

Hey now. A manual transmission has it's advantages.. But I perfectly understand why the elitists get annoying. Though I will always say manual transmission is superior  there's nothing wrong with driving an automatic. Sure everyone should know how to drive manual, but it's not necessary these days.

Oh, what a night

Sunshine Smash

People who are insistent on holding a grudge against you.

I had... A bit of a quarrel with a friend a couple years ago, said some things I shouldn't have. But I apologized for it. Come 4 years later, after coming back to the school I used to (changed middle schools and came back to my regular high school.) they still hold a grudge. Come on! I apologized, it's not that big of a deal any more. Meh, whatever.  :s

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

DawnsEmbrace

<br />

Lync Volan

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 09, 12:02:13
People who are insistent on holding a grudge against you.

I had... A bit of a quarrel with a friend a couple years ago, said some things I shouldn't have. But I apologized for it. Come 4 years later, after coming back to the school I used to (changed middle schools and came back to my regular high school.) they still hold a grudge. Come on! I apologized, it's not that big of a deal any more. Meh, whatever.  :s

given the little info you have given i think this Quote might fit the subject but then again i could be wrong and totally over stepping bounders lol

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 09, 15:33:08

given the little info you have given i think this Quote might fit the subject but then again i could be wrong and totally over stepping bounders lol

It was some minor thing. Something no one really cares about, they were over reacting really. But that's just me.

Stardust Dragon

Realizing just how busy you're gonna be with school/work for the next two-three weeks, which wouldn't be so bad until one ALSO realizes that it's going to push back your gaming interests...stupid coincidence timing for Majora's Mask release... :s

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Feb 09, 15:52:35
Realizing just how busy you're gonna be with school/work for the next two-three weeks, which wouldn't be so bad until one ALSO realizes that it's going to push back your gaming interests...stupid coincidence timing for Majora's Mask release... :s

Yeah. I've been completely swamped with work these past 3 weeks. Been pretty busy with it all.

Night Pony

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 09, 15:49:55
It was some minor thing. Something no one really cares about, they were over reacting really. But that's just me.

Well If you don't care about it don't assume other's don't as well. They might care more than you think. Just a thought anyway.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Lync Volan

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 09, 16:03:29
Well If you don't care about it don't assume other's don't as well. They might care more than you think. Just a thought anyway.
the word "Considerate" might fit into this :/?

Night Pony

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 09, 16:16:55
the word "Considerate" might fit into this :/?

What's that?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Pipkin

Sitting in a coffee shop that offers free WiFi, and it doesn't work...

Also, side note to the previous conversion, i love driving manual. My next vehicle will most certainly be manual.  Winter driving with an automatic SUCKS.

Sunshine Smash

2015 Feb 09, 17:27:35 #15355 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 09, 17:37:15 by Sunshine Smash
Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 09, 16:03:29

Yeah. I get what you're saying. Let's just move on. I've already said my piece about it.

Post Merge

Running out of good ear buds.... I only have one good pair left.

Chromastone64

I counted it up, and I've confirmed that over the course of a few YEARS, it took me 103 attempts to beat a certain boss.
That annoys me.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 09, 18:29:56
I counted it up, and I've confirmed that over the course of a few YEARS, it took me 103 attempts to beat a certain boss.
That annoys me.

Which boss?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Feb 09, 16:42:20
Sitting in a coffee shop that offers free WiFi, and it doesn't work...

Also, side note to the previous conversion, i love driving manual. My next vehicle will most certainly be manual.  Winter driving with an automatic SUCKS.

If you like to drive a manual out of personal preference then more power to you. It's your car drive, what you want. What prompted me to make that post was the fact that I've become quit interested in the 2015 Mustang v6 (v8 is out of my price range) yet every time I try to discuss it on Youtube and the like I get the brush off the instant I mention the automatic option.  Many go so far as to say driving an automatic Mustang is for "beta males" and "posers"....posing as what exactly? I never claimed to be a part of anything, I just want to drive the car I like.

Driving a manual might be fun on the open road, but try driving one in a metropolis like Dallas-Fort Worth. Shifting gears in heavy stop-and-go traffic is a nightmare. One that I'd very much prefer to avoid. I don't partake in motorsports of any kind so for me my car is a mode of transport, nothing more, nothing less. I just want it to get me from point A to point B with as little headache as possible.

ComeGetSome

Shulk from Xenoblade / Smash Bros annoys me.

Worst meme ever.

Go Up