Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
I'm flipping LIVID right now!
My brother is 20 years old! And yet, WHAT does he do when you say something he doesn't like? HE HISSES AT YOU, WHINES, AND BASHES HIS HANDS ON ANYTHING NEARBY LIKE A STUPID BABY!!!
A few minutes ago, we were talking about a TV show and I said "No spoilers." What does he do? SAY A FLIPPING SPOILER. I tell him "Wow, thanks a lot.", and HE SLAMS HIS STUPID DESK LIKE A TODDLER BECAUSE I SPOKE AGAINST HIM, MAKING OUR MUM ANGRY AS WELL!!! >:O

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sakura_Blossom

2015 Jan 31, 15:28:09 #15201 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 31, 19:39:25 by Sakura_Blossom
No Chatbox. me bored.

Pipkin

Saturday afternoons

For me it consists of talking to people on Skype and spam refreshing my on demand sales report.....

Why exactly do i have to work Saturdays again?

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Jan 31, 15:28:09
No Chatbox. be bored.

I'm starting to wonder if it's coming back.
<br />

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Jan 31, 18:31:09
I'm starting to wonder if it's coming back.

You're not the only one...
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Peace Keeper

They said it is coming soon.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Pipkin

Yes, that chatbox is coming back, if I recall correctly on Tuesday

Lync Volan

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jan 31, 16:54:31
Saturday afternoons

For me it consists of talking to people on Skype and spam refreshing my on demand sales report.....

Why exactly do i have to work Saturdays again?
you work at Skype :s?

Itty Bit

Things have gotten a bit more unsure as of late.

Midnight Breeze

Only in Texas do you get punished for NOT being an energy hog. My crooked electric company adds a $10 charge on top of the bill if you use less than 1000 kwh in a month. How much power did I use in January? 997 kwh...fml.

Deregulated energy sucks. I miss Louisiana where I just got my utilities through the city itself and didnt have to worry about scanning through every energy provider's contract to see who wasnt going to rip me off with exorbitant hidden fees. At my old apartment I averaged $115 a month for ALL my utilities. Now I pay that much for electric alone. Everything's bigger in Texas, especially utility bills.

Ambit Energy, gg.

Chishio Kunrin

Friends... Please... Please...
Do NOT use Oreos as mascara.
Just don't.

Some girl posted a Youtube video about how to make mascara out of Oreos. For the sake of your health, do not do this! If you need to save money, just get mascara from a dollar store!

So many people think that people are just hating on her. That is not the case.

Oreos contain a lot of sugar.
Bacteria loves sugar.
Smearing sugar all over your eyelashes attracts bacteria.
The last place you want bacteria to be is near your eyes.
You are literally inviting an eye infection.
The very worst case scenario of an eye infection is that you go blind, and this is very much a possibility. Don't think "It won't happen to me." It can and will, so do not risk it.

Arguments I've seen:
1. "Where were you during the crayon lipstick thing, then?" Crayons are non-toxic! They are specifically designed so that if a child eats a crayon (Kids do and eat weird things, okay?), that child will be perfectly fine. They are designed not to be damaging to anyone's health. Crayon lipstick is completely irrelevant to Oreo mascara.

2. "Real mascara has some nasty stuff in it too!" You do realize that real mascara is specifically designed to be on your eyelashes, right? You realize the implications of that? It's designed to be safe to put on your eyelashes. The FDA has to check that and make sure it really is actually safe to put on your eyelashes. Mascara is FDA approved safe for your eyelashes. Oreos are not.

It's really irritating me how much people are fighting the people who are trying to point this stuff out, as if it's not a big deal. Your health is a very big deal! We are trying to protect people, and they're acting like we're just haters who are a little too grossed out about putting Oreos on eyelashes!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 01, 02:15:17
Spoiler: show
Friends... Please... Please...
Do NOT use Oreos as mascara.
Just don't.

Some girl posted a Youtube video about how to make mascara out of Oreos. For the sake of your health, do not do this! If you need to save money, just get mascara from a dollar store!

So many people think that people are just hating on her. That is not the case.

Oreos contain a lot of sugar.
Bacteria loves sugar.
Smearing sugar all over your eyelashes attracts bacteria.
The last place you want bacteria to be is near your eyes.
You are literally inviting an eye infection.
The very worst case scenario of an eye infection is that you go blind, and this is very much a possibility. Don't think "It won't happen to me." It can and will, so do not risk it.

Arguments I've seen:
1. "Where were you during the crayon lipstick thing, then?" Crayons are non-toxic! They are specifically designed so that if a child eats a crayon (Kids do and eat weird things, okay?), that child will be perfectly fine. They are designed not to be damaging to anyone's health. Crayon lipstick is completely irrelevant to Oreo mascara.

2. "Real mascara has some nasty stuff in it too!" You do realize that real mascara is specifically designed to be on your eyelashes, right? You realize the implications of that? It's designed to be safe to put on your eyelashes. The FDA has to check that and make sure it really is actually safe to put on your eyelashes. Mascara is FDA approved safe for your eyelashes. Oreos are not.

It's really irritating me how much people are fighting the people who are trying to point this stuff out, as if it's not a big deal. Your health is a very big deal! We are trying to protect people, and they're acting like we're just haters who are a little too grossed out about putting Oreos on eyelashes!

o.O It's a strange world we live in... That's not only inviting bacteria it's also inviting ants and various pests like flies to just attack your eyes. Is this some new fad going on like that dumb knockout game that people thought was funny?

My sleeping schedule was back to normal now it's off again, because I fell asleep for an hour and now I have energy again somehow.  :c The power, of power naps was too strong for me it seems I hope I get tired again soon.

Elphyda

Missing events because you have to be in NPC mode.

Lync Volan

Quote from: chisoka on 2015 Feb 01, 03:02:36
Missing events because you have to be in NPC mode.
Npc "Mode"? you mean stationary?

Elphyda

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 01, 03:13:59
Npc "Mode"? you mean stationary?

Basically meaning my single core, 2 GB RAM, integrated chip, backup laptop can't really do anything.  On the last OSW, I had to remain stationary in SCC to get the least amount of lag so I could actually do my job.  On top of that, I can't even draw anything digitally because it lags too much!  I'm likely to be getting a new computer built for me next month, but that means a whole month of doing essentially nothing, which really isn't fun.

Lync Volan

Quote from: chisoka on 2015 Feb 01, 03:16:03
Basically meaning my single core, 2 GB RAM, integrated chip, backup laptop can't really do anything.  On the last OSW, I had to remain stationary in SCC to get the least amount of lag so I could actually do my job.  On top of that, I can't even draw anything digitally because it lags too much!  I'm likely to be getting a new computer built for me next month, but that means a whole month of doing essentially nothing, which really isn't fun.
only during the 1st day was i able to move normally during the OSW then every other day i had to remain stationary staring at the sky or floor to stop lagging but there are exceptions like "Sugar Cube Corner" or the "Everfree" where lag somehow didn't exist
but the crystal empire was Lag master   

Caballia

when autocorrect says I spelled the name of a corporation wrong because I didn't capitalize it, but not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence is perfectly acceptable.
Oh, what a night

Midnight Breeze

"Android is for poor people" nonsense. You have that backwards. iPhones , like all Apple products, are for people with more money than sense. Disregarding the exorbitant prices, Apple products have always been unabashedly marketed toward the technologically illiterate. Everything about any Apple device is streamlined and restrictive like a virtual prison. They may call it 'ease-of-use', overbearing nanny OS says I. I want to use my device the way I want to, not the way the manufacturer wants me to. I prefer Android over iOS for the same reason I prefer PC over Mac - it's more of an open, customizable platform. And if I'm saving a few hundred dollars, that ain't bad either.

To this day I won't touch any Apple product with a 10 foot pole.

Rissian

I was wondering why I woke up cold this morning, I had my AC on all night because usually my room is hot year round from the computers. But apparently we got snow last night and well my room was freezing when I woke up, even though I was in a nice blanket. I can't help but think that even my pomeranian got cold as well since she was sleeping near me. I was almost shivering, and I'm usually not bothered by cold air.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Feb 01, 09:18:21
Spoiler: show
I was wondering why I woke up cold this morning, I had my AC on all night because usually my room is hot year round from the computers. But apparently we got snow last night and well my room was freezing when I woke up, even though I was in a nice blanket. I can't help but think that even my pomeranian got cold as well since she was sleeping near me. I was almost shivering, and I'm usually not bothered by cold air.

i won't be back in new york for the cool weather before it starts becoming a heat wave
and i claim to love dogs yet i could not tell "pomeranian" was one until i googled it X3

Go Up