General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Feb 26, 13:08:31
We don't always need a 3rd game for each region, you know. If anything, I'm glad that we're getting something new instead of something old with updated features. That may have worked in the past, but since we're able to get literally all of the current Pokémon in just X/Y/OR/AS alone, having Z would be pointless at this rate. Yes, there would still be buyers if Z existed, but let's face it: times change, and so do trends.

Anyway, I'll be using that one pic I posted yesterday as this thread's new header now :P

We do when all other regions got a third game.

Sorry. I'm not getting excited until I get some sort of legitimate explanation as to what happened to Pokemon Z.

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Just because they did it in the past makes them obligated to keep doing it? What?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Feb 26, 19:09:42
Just because they did it in the past makes them obligated to keep doing it? What?

It makes logical sense due to the fact they were the ones to start the pattern in the first place doesn't it?

Rikaria

And they're not allowed to change their ways?

KirbyFluttershy

Well RB, G/S, R/S, and D/P all have 3rd version which are yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinum. I don't think there was any point in getting a remake of crystal to DS / 3DS. If Z version does exist, we would've seen and gotten Zygarde's forms.

I heard that people were asking about the new pokemon, places, region, places will be like, but all that stuff to be answered will be on  E3 2016. They must've jumped into conclusions too early even though the information from direct was too little to go over besides concept arts.

We don't get the pokemon bank update till later on, but it would've been too early if we got the update by the time RBY comes out so it's most likely that they'll do the same for ORAS release.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

LostSanity

I'm not talking about this anymore.

No third Kalos game is ridiculous. End of story.

KirbyFluttershy

It can't be helped if we're not getting Z version so it's pretty much understandable what my friend told me and told you guys what he said. We have to wait till another Direct and/or E3 to provide us more information on the upcoming pokemon games so don't complain about the Z version. It's most likely that all other people have complained about the Z version too.

Speaking of upcoming pokemon games, I hope you guys enjoyed and had fun at the pokken early access at the participating stores. I don't know how many of you guys will get pokken, but If my friend wanted me to get pokken, Maybe i'll get it and try it out once and see if I like the game or not.

Rikaria

I never got to play it, but I'm still getting Pokkén Tournament.

Spoiler: Anyway, so is anyone enjoying reliving Gen 1 again? I certainly am. • show
An impossible-to-encounter Pokémon in the wild, both literally and its Level

After capturing said Nidoking, I battled another wild Pokémon...

JUST one Pokémon

My current party

And I don't even have a badge yet!

KirbyFluttershy

My friend told me that there should be a GSC for the 3DS VC for breeding purposes so I agreed with him on that although It would be nice to have one don't you guys agree? I'm putting my progress for RBY on hold till i get all 3 starters.

Mizuki

2016 Feb 29, 04:34:23 #869 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 29, 04:36:06 by Mizuki
Since I've seen this fan theory circulating around the net, I'm hoping that Pokemon SuMo is going to be a dual-region type of game. That is, it is a game that takes place in a new region, but allows us to visit an old one, like, say, Kalos for example.

It would explain why Kalos has a train station that we never get to use, and one of the city's land marks is a gigantic Sundial. It is also said that some cities even have Moondials as well!

Not to mention Zygarde is a solar-powered Pokemon that was really under-utilized in Pokemon X & Y. Granted we've had this type of unspoken legendary pop up in games before, but the new movie hyped up its other forms so much, it'd be a shame not to use them in the main-series games.

If they are dual-regions, I hope they have clothing shops like they did in Kalos :3 I really wanna dress up my trainer again!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Rikaria

Quote from: Mizuki on 2016 Feb 29, 04:34:23
Since I've seen this fan theory circulating around the net, I'm hoping that Pokemon SuMo is going to be a dual-region type of game. That is, it is a game that takes place in a new region, but allows us to visit an old one, like, say, Kalos for example.

It would explain why Kalos has a train station that we never get to use, and one of the city's land marks is a gigantic Sundial. It is also said that some cities even have Moondials as well!

Not to mention Zygarde is a solar-powered Pokemon that was really under-utilized in Pokemon X & Y. Granted we've had this type of unspoken legendary pop up in games before, but the new movie hyped up its other forms so much, it'd be a shame not to use them in the main-series games.

If they are dual-regions, I hope they have clothing shops like they did in Kalos :3 I really wanna dress up my trainer again!

I suppose you have valid points. And the games are still pretty much using Gen 6's engine.

KirbyFluttershy

Well people have been asking what the region in Sun & Moon version will be like, but that kind of question will be answered in E3 2016. Most of the questions that people ask about Sun & moon has to be revealed in E3 2016.

I did notice that people are too excited or hyped up for the sun & moon versions, but even though they shouldn't do that in terms of the version exclusive pokemon they should know about first before buying sun & moon (or both) versions. It's true that we can use GTS or have a friend trustworthy enough to trade for a exclusive pokemon although Wonder Trades will get you the chance of getting that exclusive pokemon since you'll never know what you'll get.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in Europe & Australia, the Celebi event is now available on Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. This event is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Get Via Internet and gives you the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, which can't be found in the wild. This event is only running through to March 24th so get while you can. It'll be added on North American games later today.

Mizuki

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Feb 29, 13:13:01
Well people have been asking what the region in Sun & Moon version will be like, but that kind of question will be answered in E3 2016. Most of the questions that people ask about Sun & moon has to be revealed in E3 2016.

From what I've seen on image boards, there's a handful of people who think that the new region might be Tropical/Sub-Tropical. I would post the relevant imagery, but it includes language that I cannot share here.

Lets just say that there are some snippets from trailer that could allude to that being the case, but it's still too soon to say. Kalos in particular had totally different environments depending on what route or town you're in...

So yeah you're right, it's best to wait for more info :)

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Feb 29, 13:13:01
I did notice that people are too excited or hyped up for the sun & moon versions, but even though they shouldn't do that in terms of the version exclusive pokemon they should know about first before buying sun & moon (or both) versions. It's true that we can use GTS or have a friend trustworthy enough to trade for a exclusive pokemon although Wonder Trades will get you the chance of getting that exclusive pokemon since you'll never know what you'll get.

My little sister is fan of Sailor Moon (and Full Moon wo Sagash'te) so I'm guessing she'll get Moon. If that's the case, then I'm probably going to get Sun.

Plus I'm a huge fan of Princess Celestia, so Sun would be appropriate :celestia:

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Rikaria

I think I know what image you're talking about. I came across one that centers around Hawaii stuff.

Anyway, more news:

Quote from: SerebiiIt has been confirmed that, from Friday until October 31st, Regirock, Regice and Registeel will be available to all players who use Pokémon Bank. These Pokémon are special in that they come with their Hidden Abilities of Sturdy, Ice Body and Light Metal respectively.

KirbyFluttershy

Well Pokken is coming up sooner or later. I don't know if I should get it or not, but my friend wanted one although I'm not sure if i should get it. I have my priorities going on right now. Maybe i'll ask my brother to get it for me as a gift if it's a possibility.

Rikaria

KirbyFluttershy

A pokemon strategy board game? that's a first.

My Friend shared a FB post to me regarding about a new starter for sun & moon, but I'm not 100% sure if the rumor on the water starter is true or not. He said to me that it was from corocoro magazine and it's from this "TPCi" or something like that.

Chromastone64

2016 Mar 11, 09:35:05 #878 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 11, 09:42:25 by Chromastone64
I think I've just seen the new game starters. Not sure if its fake or not, but it looks pretty real.
Spoiler: show

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Mar 11, 09:35:05
I think I've just seen the new game starters. Not sure if its fake or not, but it looks pretty real.
Spoiler: show

Is that from corocoro magazine?

Go Up