OASIS [sign up]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Oct 09, 14:11:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nuserame

2015 Oct 13, 19:00:53 #20 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 13, 19:02:36 by Nuserame
FreeFlow was a fairly long sea pony, and made for a fairly tall but lanky stallion. Which really did not help with his first attempts at walking at all. Standing up was not so hard, four legs do make for a nice and stable standing experience, it was that walking that kept turning the unfortunate pony into a mess of flailing limbs.

"This is... harder than I thought." FreeFlow said, taking to sitting down for a bit to catch his breathe and get used to having twice the number of legs.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

FakeSmile

2015 Oct 13, 19:12:42 #21 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 13, 19:18:27 by FakeSmile
The mare formed a small trash pile near a hole she dug. She looked over at the sad pony who couldn't even walk. The tiny pony walked on her jelly legs toward the stallion. As she bent over to be at eye level with him she said,
Peninsula: Get your shell together; you are embarrassing our race! I, Peninsula, have mastered the movement with these weird. . . Whatever they are called. You too can master this art, but only if you stop failing as bad as you are right now.
The mare set a pair of broken flip flops next to the stallion before heading back to her trash pile. She lowered herself into the hole and started to analyze the trash she had collected.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

GlassMirror

*Abyss sighs at what the two now land ponies are doing, and goes off to do whatever he always does. He can't help but wonder why he had this idea of doing this little plan. For one thing he didn't care one bit, a second: What will he get out of this? I guess he just has to play along until the right moment.*

Who even picks up trash anyway..? the sand's just going to get dirty all over again... :/

FakeSmile

The mare squinted at the comment Abyss said; she made another mental note to teach him the importance of keeping the sea clean. For now, she would figure out what the surface ponies consider trash and what they consider valuable. It would be a tedious task, but some mare had to do it. The mare also would have to find her assigned pony but she assumed he would show up sooner or later. Peninsula emerged from the hole and picked up all the trash again. She decided before she can further her research, she would need a base of operation. The mare started to make her way down the beach and picking up trash along the way.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Nuserame

"Legs, I think they are called." FreeFlow responded with no hint of sarcasm. "At least they wont know its our race, we probably just look like a pair of goofs who hit their head on something. Not that unusual for me." He put the flip-flops on his front hooves, unsteadily got back up and opted to just carefully shuffle out of the shallow water.

"So are these hoof-coverings some sort of local atti- AGH!" FreeFlow stepped on the dry and very hot sand with a rear leg and promptly went back to ground level again.

"Ok, now I know what these are for. Would be nice to have another pair, I don't think I will manage walking on just two legs."

FakeSmile

2015 Oct 13, 20:00:55 #25 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 13, 20:03:47 by FakeSmile
She picked up a piece of trash next to FreeFlow. Shaking her head she said,
Peninsula:
You truly are a sad, sad stallion. . . Fear not! I, Peninsula, pity you and will help you through these harsh tides.

The mare took out another water container and spit in it. As she shook it up, she looked around to make sure no one was watching. She then poured the gel substance out and formed hoof protectors. As she hoofed them to the FreeFlow she said,
Peninsula:
Use these hoof protectors and stop squiding around! I will NOT tolerate slacking on the job! If you need me, I will be making a base of operation. Some mare has to get stuff done around here and [I]she[/I] trusted me to be that mare!

The mare let out a hardy laugh before leaving the stallion. As she walked down the beach she fell a few times, but a mouth full of sand wont stop this mare.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

GlassMirror

*Abyss doesn't see why walking on 4 feet was such a problem. But he shouldn't really talk, he's been on land for more hours and days then the average sea ponies. The only thing he couldn't really get used to was the fact that the sun always beamed down on him, and he would sometimes had to go in the shed...*

*... Seeing that Peninsula had 'everything' under control, Abyss walks to a nearby umbrella and sit under it, watching the now land ponies do their job.*

Nuserame

"Quite inspiring, boss! I can only hope to meet your standards, but I also hope this base doesn't get built from this smelly rubbish your collecting."

FreeFlow gratefully put on the new and improved hoof coverings, picked himself back up and shambled in the general direction of his supervisor. He gave some questioning looks to the sea pony... ish fellow who came along with him and who has clearly been here before, given that he just strolled up onto the beach without issue and went to laze about under an unattended parasol."Not very helpful that one, but maybe he's just having a bad day?" FreeFlow muttered with a questioning look. "Well no need to judge him too harshly, who knows how he ended up being volunteered."

FakeSmile

Peninsula: Again, you are fooled by this new area! This. . . This rubbish is actually useful! When its not in the ocean. For example, these eye protectors. These ponies have somehow formed some sort of. . . Light shield so they can stand the harsh rays of the sun! Though this one must be broken. . . The sun is still pretty bright. . .
The mare said as she marched a long the beach. Her legs gave out every so often but she wouldn't allow herself to fall down in front of her ally. Dragging the garbage around made her slower and she started to get tired. As she tried to cover up her heavy breathing she said,
Peninsula:
This fort will need a lot of materials. . . I don't know what these ponies build their structures with but keep your eyes peeled for anyfin useful!
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

StarrBee

Marina breached the surface of the water, flicking her short hair back. She looked around with curious eyes, aqquainting herself with the new environment. The mare made her way forwards, and as she moved into shallower water, her tail shifted and changed into a pair of legs.
She managed to upright herself, after a lot of wobbling. One bold step forward, and she'd fallen face first back down.
Marina sighed as she stood up again, realising this was not going to be as easy as she had assumed. But, she was a determined young thing, and would not let a couple of slip ups stop her. She began practicing, slowly pacing through the shallow water, wobbling and falling more than a few times.

Julien999

((Well... I don't know where to start with who or who...))

Natura is somewhere on the beach, levitating trashes and putting them into a trash can. The green Unicorn is not really happy. She's seemed worried and tired after all those trashes picking.
"Oww... why nopony care about nature? Why they don't stop to throw those things in the forest and in the sea? What about those poor creatures who lives in?" She thought.

((... Or where they are.))

Nuserame

"Hmmm I don't know... the rubbish that covered my last job sure wasn't particularly useful. Maybe we should just find a nice lake to- Ooh, what's this?"
FreeFlow had found an old, orange and ragged fishing net. It was partly buried in the sand and had likely washed up after being discarded at sea somewhere. "Heheh, I had a cousin who got stuck in one of these. Took us forever to get him out. It made for a really nice way to carry stuff around after that though!"

FreeFlow tried to pull the net out, obviously he slipped and fell instantly. "I'll just try this from the ground..." He sat down on his haunches and slowly but steadily pulled the net free from the sand. It looked like it had been there for years but most of it was in tact if not a bit funky looking.

"Hah, score! Ok maybe you were right boss, there is some neat stuff here." Shaking the net and himself free of most of the sand, he threw the net over his back before getting back up, nearly slipping again and got back to following Peninsula again.

FakeSmile

2015 Oct 14, 18:06:10 #32 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 14, 18:16:01 by FakeSmile
(( All the sea ponies are at the beach and the equestrian ponies are at a bus stop, Julien. :33 ))

The mare stopped to see what the stallion found. At first she wasn't  impressed, but once he dug it out her eyes lit with joy. She let out a victory laugh as gave the stallion a "good job" slap on the back. As she started to move the garbage into the net she said,
Peninsula:
Excellent find FreeFlow! With this land technology, we can dispose even more garbage! The first day on the job and you already are making use of yourshell. I appoint you as my personal collector. Anyfin you find you bring to me to examine! With my knowledge and your collector skills. . . I, Peninsula, will make the crown proud!

The mare let out another hardy laugh and gave the stallion another "good job" slap. As she was basking in her glory, she notice a green mare littering into the bigger litter container. Peninsula was disgusted and surprised that a mare would be bold enough to litter in front of her. She nudged FreeFlow and pointed toward the mare and said,
Peninsula:
Do you sea that?! This is why we are up here. . . To stop careless ponies like her from ruining this planet. . . But we care more about the ocean. Remember that!

Peninsula let out a frustrated sigh as she continued down the beach. The mare would examine the area and see if any spot was fit to conquer. So far, nothing seemed to catch her eye.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Doomato

"Technically I'm not a sir because I haven't been knighted by Queen Elizabeth. Down with the Equestrian princesses! Viva la revolution!" Doomato entered the bus and sat down.

Peace Keeper

Peacekeeper sees Doomato with a strange and confused look. Wasn't really sure what he meant by Queen Elizabeth and a revolution.

Oh...kay?

Peace enters the bus and sits in the front, his usual favored spot. The ponies begin to haul the bus to their route. The route will cross by a beach which Peace hasen't seen in a while. He has been going to another beach, but finally gets to see the old beach once again.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

FakeSmile

The mare was wondering not too far when she found the dunes. Her eyes lit up as she ran as fast as she could to her discovery. One of the dunes were pretty deep so she lowered herself into it. Sitting with a satisfied smile, she started to mentally draw up the blue prints for her fort.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Peace Keeper

After a moment, the bus finally makes it to Peace's destination. From outside the window, the ocean can be seen. Such a hue of blue tinted slightly darker than the sky extends to the horizon line. Peace looks in awe and finally gets off the bus. Upon exiting, he wiffs the air and definitely can smell the sea breeze, nice, cool, and moist. He checks around himself to see if everything is with him, and sure enough he is good.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rush of MLP

Rush trotted on the path down to the beach from the forest. He whistled a happy tune as he reached the sand and continued down the coast. He appeared to have a little dirt on his white hoodie, but nothing too major.

Doomato

Doomato followed Peace out of the bus.

StarrBee

After some more practice, Marina finally got the hang of walking. Or at least, she'd managed to get to the point of being able to walk without falling on her face every 4 seconds. She grinned triumphantly as she walked slowly, but steadily, onto the dry sand. She flinched, drawing her hoof up quickly. She hadn't expected the ground so be so hot. Gently, she pressed her hoof against the ground, slowly adjusting the the higher temperature.

Curiously, Marina looked around her, squinting in the light. She decided to check her orb, as she wasn't sure what to do next.

Go Up