[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

The entire purpose of the Traveler's Blessing, since its inception, was to defend the Travelers of Equestria, no matter what race, what background, and what nationality.  For over two thousand years the Blessing has fought everything from bandits and hydras and Ursae to Discord Himself, as you can plainly see in our Herd's background and anthem.

It may be true that our original herd was unicorn-central, being founded after all by unicorns, but in the end each of us solemnly swear to defend and lend aid to any traveler that requests it.  Should ANY traveler be put in danger or threatened by ANY group, our Watchers would be oath-bound to assist the traveler.

The Clan's history of declaring war on other groups and belligerent and demanding attitude is entirely contrary to the purpose and focus of the Blessing.  While the Blessing would not make war upon or attack any Herd for reasons beyond self-defense, it must be noted that Clan members who willfully attack travelers place themselves in the dangerous position of attacker, and the Watchers of Roads will be obligated to act.

Furthermore, making war upon Equestrian soil is tantamount to supporting anarchy and Civil War within Equestria, which is also entirely contrary to the purpose of this Blessing, namely, to keep the peace on all roads within Equestria so that any traveler may journey from city to city and from town to town without fear of danger.  To threaten war upon this land is to threaten war upon the Blessing itself, and upon Equestria!

I, Feather Scroll, Bard of the Blessing, so state my case.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Weatherboy1

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 14, 20:08:44
The entire purpose of the Traveler's Blessing, since its inception, was to defend the Travelers of Equestria, no matter what race, what background, and what nationality.  For over two thousand years the Blessing has fought everything from bandits and hydras and Ursae to Discord Himself, as you can plainly see in our Herd's background and anthem.

It may be true that our original herd was unicorn-central, being founded after all by unicorns, but in the end each of us solemnly swear to defend and lend aid to any traveler that requests it.  Should ANY traveler be put in danger or threatened by ANY group, our Watchers would be oath-bound to assist the traveler.

The Clan's history of declaring war on other groups and belligerent and demanding attitude is entirely contrary to the purpose and focus of the Blessing.  While the Blessing would not make war upon or attack any Herd for reasons beyond self-defense, it must be noted that Clan members who willfully attack travelers place themselves in the dangerous position of attacker, and the Watchers of Roads will be obligated to act.

Furthermore, making war upon Equestrian soil is tantamount to supporting anarchy and Civil War within Equestria, which is also entirely contrary to the purpose of this Blessing, namely, to keep the peace on all roads within Equestria so that any traveler may journey from city to city and from town to town without fear of danger.  To threaten war upon this land is to threaten war upon the Blessing itself, and upon Equestria!

First off, The Silver Clan only wages war because the other clans antagonize us, and besides... Do you even know the history of the Shadow-Silver Conflict? It's been waging for over a thousand year. Some years have been worse than others yes, but we've been at war with them since the fall of Nightmare Moon! Where was the Travellers Blessing all those years ago when we were forced out of our last stronghold, where was the Traveller's Blessing when the Shadows at has at Knife Point! WHERE?
*Out of le RP mode* Can we please keep any hostilities out of any discussion. In RP's Totally go ahead!
* The above was a RP*

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 Jul 14, 20:22:31
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 14, 20:08:44

First off, The Silver Clan only wages war because the other clans antagonize us, and besides... Do you even know the history of the Shadow-Silver Conflict? It's been waging for over a thousand year. Some years have been worse than others yes, but we've been at war with them since the fall of Nightmare Moon! Where was the Travellers Blessing all those years ago when we were forced out of our last stronghold, where was the Traveller's Blessing when the Shadows at has at Knife Point! WHERE?
*Out of le RP mode* Can we please keep any hostilities out of any discussion. In RP's Totally go ahead!
* The above was a RP*
*RP*
Where was the Clan when Discord destroyed Equestria?  Where was the Clan when millions starved in the Great Winter and the Twisted Age?  Where was the Clan three thousand years ago when the Godsbane and the Three Hecate brought the First Kingdom to utter ruin, even destroying the Rainbow of Light itself?

The Blessing may not be omnipresent, and it may not have been perfect in defending all travelers in all places at all times, but as each and every stallion, mare and foal of this Blessing will tell you, we will give our very lives for the good of the travelers of Equestria's roads.

Where were you when bandits attempted to rob the caravan from Appleloosa to Manehattan in the Summer of Thirst?  We were there.  We gave our lives so that that caravan could get enough food and water for the mares and foals of that town.

Where were you when the Hydra came out of Everfree and tried to attack Ponyville, chasing after the Sun Princess's Student?  We were there.  We sacrificed so that others would be safe.

Lonely ponies we are, members of the Blessing.  We are hunters, but hunters ever of those who would seek to do ill to the common traveler, for they are found in many places, not in the Shadow's grasp only.

If the Clan, sir, has been a stalwart tower against a united enemy, we have played another part.  Many evil things there are that your warriors and fighters do not stay.  You know little of the conflicts beyond your eternal war.  Peace and freedom, do you seek?  The common foal would have known them little but for us.  Fear would have destroyed them.  But when dark things come from the houseless hills, or creep from sunless woods, they fly from us.  What roads would any dare tread, what safety would there be in quiet lands, or in the homes of simple ponies at night, if the Blessing was asleep, or was gone into the grave?

And yet less thanks have we than you.  Travelers look suspiciously at us many a time, and some country ponies even give us scornful names.  "Narwhal" I am to one fat stallion who lives within a day's march of foes that would freeze his heart, or lay his little town to ruin, if he were not guarded ceaselessly.  Yet we would not have it otherwise.  If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be vigilant to keep them so.  That has been the task of this Blessing, while the years have lengthened and the grass has grown.

*end RP*

and yes, that was totally taken from the Council of Elrond chapter of the Fellowship of the Ring.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Siphion

Guys, I know Im not a very important or high ranked/known in Travellers Blessing but isnt this herd supposed to be neutral towards everypony? I think getting into alliances would interfere with that cause.
I guess time will heal me more as it did before back in the days from the beginning of my time when I searched the thing I cannot find and that is nothing more than serenity.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Siphion on 2013 Jul 15, 04:34:41
Guys, I know Im not a very important or high ranked/known in Travellers Blessing but isnt this herd supposed to be neutral towards everypony? I think getting into alliances would interfere with that cause.

Mister Siphion, that is completely correct, thus why that any and all alliances we make would be very carefully set. At the least, that is what my mind is set at.

On another note, nopony in this herd is below other members, which is also why I never dictate what alliances we should make or shouldn't, but I would rather suggest the idea and watch what the members thinks of it.
That the best arguments and the majority is what is taken into account of those whom spoke, is the given I dare say.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

moonbeam16

OC Name: Midnight Shine
Forum Name: moonbeam16
Activity: Rather active, I'm on the forums almost every day.  Can't really get on during the weekends.  Probably will not be able to play the game, though. :'(
Planned race: Unicorn
Reason to join: None, really.

Ahaut

Siphion

I guess time will heal me more as it did before back in the days from the beginning of my time when I searched the thing I cannot find and that is nothing more than serenity.

Travius Trott

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2013 Jul 19, 13:48:46
OC Name: Midnight Shine
Forum Name: moonbeam16
Activity: Rather active, I'm on the forums almost every day.  Can't really get on during the weekends.  Probably will not be able to play the game, though. :'(
Planned race: Unicorn
Reason to join: None, really.

Ah, somepony new seeking to join this blessing?
I say you are quite welcome here!

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Ründo

I'm eating a Popsicle  :3

Just though I'd let you all know.

oh and welcome.  :D
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

moonbeam16

The Wandering Magus

Siphion

I would throw a pinkie pie party for you but sadly it will have to wait till the server is open again..remind me later  ovO

Sea Foam

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Travius Trott

Well, I apologize for not having said this before, but I have some medivalish event going for the next week, thus I will be away from everything that is remotely electronic much less any internet connection.

Thus I will not be online, or reachable in any way. But I beg you all to have a fairly nice time while I am away to the event.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2013 Jul 21, 05:20:23
Well, I apologize for not having said this before, but I have some medivalish event going for the next week, thus I will be away from everything that is remotely electronic much less any internet connection.

Thus I will not be online, or reachable in any way. But I beg you all to have a fairly nice time while I am away to the event.
medieval?  are you part of the SCA? what kind of medeival?  do you do swordfighting?  archery?  :3

Sotha

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 21, 16:12:20

medieval?  are you part of the SCA? what kind of medeival?  do you do swordfighting?  archery?  :3

I do archery. I've been meaning to join the SCA; I am registered to participate in their combat (archery at least) activities, though.
May you walk on warm sands.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jul 22, 23:48:33

I do archery. I've been meaning to join the SCA; I am registered to participate in their combat (archery at least) activities, though.
so awesome :3

Travius Trott

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jul 22, 23:48:33
-quote snippet-

Well, it was actually more High Fantasy, a live roleplay to be exact, and I admit that I have no idea of what SCA is, I can only assume it's an association for medieval fairs and events in the United States of America.

So, I do some sword-fighting, but my regiment used mostly Halbards in the event where we functioned as the peace-keepers for the most part.

Oh, and I'm back!
The Event was cozy, but a fair bit too hot for me, as I wore a black/white uniform trough the hottest and most sunny days of this year.. But it was grand nonetheless!

The Wandering Magus

it's the Society for Creative Anachronisms; members forge-weld their own swords, smith their own armor, carve their own bows, fletch their own arrows, and do everything almost exactly as they were done during the medieval ages.  They get permits from local governments to perform live and very real jousting and archery tournaments, and people do break limbs or lose fingers if they're not careful, but most of the time if you follow the rules and keep your weapons peace-bonded you're pretty safe.

glad you enjoyed your day!

Go Up