Adventure time wiki war?

Started by sonyablademaster, 2012 Jun 09, 11:06:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sonyablademaster

I just heard about this today on my deviantART comments.
Yeah a bunch of people were banned for being under aged, people got peeved off that their friends are gone, and thus the adventure time wiki war of 2012 was born
Tell why is this happening to site about a kid show?

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

sonyablademaster

Ya but it still make me go  o.O

Blues-Music

Because most adults hate kids because they are "Stupid" ,and they blame us for it even though they get a couple of years head start on learning everything ,and apparently now a days if the adults want something its officially not for kids ,and we should leave it alone like the minority of bronies do which I refuse to count them as bronies if they aren't accepting to something as unfair as age its not our fault we were born after them sadly those racist by age adults like adventure time too making them say "Yeah i'm older that makes me more special hur dur."

sonyablademaster

I'm 27 years old and I don't care if I talk to a kid or two

Blues-Music

Good ,but problem is the rest of the world thinks all kids are this one.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Lary

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 09, 12:56:11

Because most of them are.

Sounds harsh, but it's true. Especially with the anonymity of the internet.

sonyablademaster

true but adults are just the same if not worse

Blues-Music

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 13:02:35

Because most of them are.

Sounds harsh, but it's true. Especially with the anonymity of the internet.
Agreed most kids are ,but I don't judge them until I get to know them ,but a person can't see one stupid kid ,and think that the rest of the 99.99percent are to its just the 75% of kids that are stupid.

Book Smarts

If there's an age restriction, they have the right to enforce it, people may be against it, but the admins have final say on their site.

Lary

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 09, 13:08:33
Agreed most kids are ,but I don't judge them until I get to know them ,but a person can't see one stupid kid ,and think that the rest of the 99.99percent are to its just the 75% of kids that are stupid.

It's human nature to always assume the worst in everybody. Everyone's a jerk unless proven otherwise.

And it's not just for kids; it's adults as well. People abuse the fact that you don't know your age to give 30 year olds act like 5 year olds. It's just the way the internet goes.

sonyablademaster

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 13:19:37
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 09, 13:08:33

It's human nature to always assume the worst in everybody. Everyone's a jerk unless proven otherwise.

And it's not just for kids; it's adults as well. People abuse the fact that you don't know your age to give 30 year olds act like 5 year olds. It's just the way the internet goes.

true

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jun 09, 15:28:01 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 15:32:37 by Chishio Kunrin
Indeed, adults can be just as bad. I know a 21-year-old man who tends to act like a bratty little child or a bratty teenage girl. Whatever situation, he acts bratty. For Celestia's sake, when one of our friends shared her Pocky with some of us but not him, he locked himself in a dark bathroom and pouted for 15 minutes.

Age isn't always something you should judge on, considering there are kids out there who're more mature than certain adults. >:/ Not all teens are stupid party animals ready to give in to peer pressure and jump off of things. Some 14-year-olds take up philosophy instead.
Some 32-year-olds take a kayak over a 100-foot cliff, then give a thumbs up from a hospital bed, like Bam Margera:
Spoiler: show

Anyway, some websites have age restrictions for good reason (like Facebook), but I feel like it's not as serious for a wiki to have age restriction as it is for Facebook to.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

sonyablademaster

to do this to kid is wrong

Book Smarts

Aren't you generally allowed to edit a wiki even without an account?

sonyablademaster

I'm not sure, but it is just weird

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 09, 17:18:28
Aren't you generally allowed to edit a wiki even without an account?

They can still ban your IP address. After all, a lot of trolls will vandalize without an account just for the anonymity of it, though some end up having their own MO.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stitchin Time

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol

Go Up