Steam Summer Sale 2013

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Jul 11, 13:42:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Weatherboy1

2013 Jul 11, 13:42:53 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 13:45:07 by Weatherboy1
Title says all! Discuss the Summer sale which has just begun!

Jack_Daft

2013 Jul 11, 15:05:29 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 15:07:22 by Jack_Daft
If you have a PC, MAC OSX, or you're some Linux using weirdo, and even if it's not some beastly machine that can play the latest and greatest games on, I recommend anypony to take a look at Steam.  The sale events sell games for insanely low prices on lots of great games including indie titles and even very recently released games!  Watch your wallet though, ponies tend to be bad with math!

Since I've been with Steam since the beginning ("Steam?  What the heck is this?  I just want to play Counter-Stirke 1.6!")  >A< so I'm no stranger to this whole sale business.  So ponies, I shall pass you down some information regarding this.

Steam Summer Sale Period 2013: July 11th -> July 21st

Types of Deals

• Daily Deals: Each day Steam will put a handful of games with a considerable price drop.  The daily deals last for 48 hours (24 hours for the actual day, and 24 hours for the next if you can't decide!)

• Flash Deals: A much shorter window of opportunity to purchase games on sale as flash deals only last for a couple of hours!  Impulse buy!

• Encore Sale: Usually at the last day of these events, the games that sold the most will most likely be featured in the encore sale.  Miss a game you were thinking about buying?  Well now's your last chance! BUY BUY BUY!

• Community Choice Every 12 hours, Steam will host a poll of 3 random games, and the community votes which of the three will be on sale for the next 12 hours.  Usually these end up being great deals.

SALES REFRESH EVERYDAY @ 10:00AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (Don't worry, there's a counter if timezones are too hard for you)

Games in different regions of the world have different prices! It's a long story, but ponies in Austrialia get shafted due to currency exchange.  Are you an Aussie or a UK pony and you wanna get your game on for cheap?  Find a US Brony or work out a deal together.

There are deals EVERYWHERE, not just the front page! Take a look around Steam, because almost everything is on sale.

Get ponies together and save some bits by purchasing 2-4 packs! Think of it as like buying in bulk.  Buy a pack of four copies of a game, hand them out to your pony friends.  Or organize with other ponies and pitch in your share so everypony can get the game for even cheaper!

ono"Jack_Daft, I don't have a credit/debit card.  What can I do?!" ono I'm aware there are some <18 years old ponies here and may not have bank accounts or credit cards just yet, but there are alternatives.  Steam offers gift cards at various locations (Best Buy, 7-11, etc.) and any VISA prepaid gift cards work as well.

There are -MANY- Pony groups on Steam to join!  Make more hooved friends!

If you see a game you want to purchase, either wait for it to become a daily deal or wait for the last day of the Steam Sale.  This is your best way to get the cheapest price.  Follow this helpful guide below!

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Mr. Gency

The best part of a stealth game is sitting in a dark corner, listening to some guards talk about mundane things.

Jack_Daft

2013 Jul 11, 16:00:34 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 16:02:36 by Jack_Daft
Yes, Mr. Gency.  How dare you have stable, efficient distros and servers.  DD: When you're not busy editing source code, buy some good games because you know the games most Linux releases come with are terrible. Xtetris has got to be boring after awhile.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Explolguy

I bought four games yesterday and my wallet hurts
No

Book Smarts

My wallets already hurting...
Borderlands 2
Dark Souls
Legends of Grimrock

Really hoping for a sale on Skyrim DLC, does anybody think Dragonborn will go below the current 9.99 price?

Zaner

sotomolo

I will only be happy when I get Deadpool for 99% off.
"Deeply philosophical comment to make people think I'm classy and intelligent." -Trout

CyanideInsanity

Tomorrow I'll see if I can squeeze some money from my parents, brother, and friends. Why won't places hire me...
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

NinjaDerpyandYokina

I just bought GTA 4 fer 10 buckaroos.

Zaner

Vinyl light

So far i've bought:

Dragonborn, Hearfire DLC for Skyrim
Devil May Cry 3 and 4
RPG Maker VX Ace
Torchlight 2

TwilightNight

I got RPG Maker VX Ace off the Steam Summer Sale. I'm probably not going to be able to get anything else, though.

Vinyl light

Quote from: Vinyl light on 2013 Jul 17, 11:51:23
So far i've bought:

Devil May Cry 3 and 4
RPG Maker VX Ace
Torchlight 2

Add:

The Secret World
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete pack
Dues Ex: Human Revolution

Zaner

My turn!

Half-Life 2
Terraria
Super Meat Boy
FEZ
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
DLC Quest
They Bleed Pixels
Deadlight
Sniper Elite V2
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Reciever
Orcs Must Die 2
Ace of Spades

Book Smarts

Bought all of the DLC for New Vegas for $5, definitely worth  :3

ComputerDeathglare

I got Gmod and both Portals. I only had twenty bucks, and it was $17.48. If I had more I would have bought maybe
Skyrim, or Fallout: New Vegas. Seriously contemplating helpig my neighbor out with her vintage store again if she pays me. A life's worth of mental scars for games? Totally worth it.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Vinyl light

Quote from: Vinyl light on 2013 Jul 18, 08:51:21
Quote from: Vinyl light on 2013 Jul 17, 11:51:23
So far i've bought:

Devil May Cry 3 and 4
RPG Maker VX Ace
Torchlight 2

Add:

The Secret World
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete pack
Dues Ex: Human Revolution

And

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

CyanideInsanity

Well I've managed to get $10 from my brother. After playing sonic and all-stars racing transformed on wii u at best buy I enjoyed it, and seeing it featured as a daily deal I decided to get it.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Go Up