Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Deviant

Playing as a soviet marksman on Graintower in RedOrchestra2.
Our team pinned down the enemy, they couldn't capture a single point.
got 40+ kills + 2 Honour LVLups...
Just 30 more seconds, c'mon we can do this.
5 - 4 - 3 - 2 connection to the server lost. (aka no xp no unlocks etc)

And there you have the most annoying thing any multiplayer game contains

lurk852

^ I can kind of sympathize. I played WoW for several years... on an ISP that would automatically disconnect me once every four hours. The time would be changed each day for some reason, so I couldn't even anticipate most of them. A lot of them came at really bad times...  DD:
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lord of Madness

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 19, 20:01:01
^ I can kind of sympathize. I played WoW for several years... on an ISP that would automatically disconnect me once every four hours. The time would be changed each day for some reason, so I couldn't even anticipate most of them. A lot of them came at really bad times...  DD:

I hated my FPS rate on WoW

Book Smarts

My old computer's video card caused my WoW game to turn into bright color bars at random intervals  :l

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 20, 00:09:03
My old computer's video card caused my WoW game to turn into bright color bars at random intervals  :l

:O

Rissian

One of my old cards used to do that to Oblivion, it was because the fan died and it overheated. Which freaked the textures out. My cousin eventually gave me one with a heat sink instead then I bought a card from him for $20 since he decided to build his own PC that we put together, and he didn't need the card anymore.

The barroth I have to say is the most annoying monster I've ever fought in Monster Hunter. I haven't beat the case monster yet but barroth is still annoying.

Julius

2012 Oct 20, 20:48:42 #86 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 20, 20:56:23 by Julius
Glitched Achievements and Multiplayer Achievements.

I have 48/50 in Borderlands 2.

One is glitched, the other is the only multiplayer achievement in the game.  :l

Edit: Apparently it wasn't Glitched and it just takes a looot of time. X3

Now that last achievement is bothering me... >:/
Purr~

Vertigo

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 14, 11:15:43
Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Oct 14, 11:12:59
I hag a shiny unknown and a shiny flying squirrel thigh I think it starts with a E?

Emolga?

yes that one thank you  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

When you visually confirm that you have hit your target, but the game doesn't agree with you.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zygrograxgra

PvP
When people get mad at me for hating PvP
Competitive games
Fast paced games

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Oct 20, 23:20:01
PvP
Competitive games
Fast paced games

Heh

You basically described Urban Terror with those 3 statements, which is actually my fav game
To stay on topic, Jump maps annoy me once in a while, but it's fun to watch when someone ELSE is having issues
Spoiler: hehe... • show

Wandering Star

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 20, 01:22:01

One of my old cards used to do that to Oblivion, it was because the fan died and it overheated. Which freaked the textures out. My cousin eventually gave me one with a heat sink instead then I bought a card from him for $20 since he decided to build his own PC that we put together, and he didn't need the card anymore.

The barroth I have to say is the most annoying monster I've ever fought in Monster Hunter. I haven't beat the case monster yet but barroth is still annoying.

Wait for the Diablos, it is far more annoying.

Rissian

Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Oct 21, 23:33:53
Wait for the Diablos, it is far more annoying.

I'm stuck fighting the Lagiacrus I can't seem to beat the thing I'm really bad at fighting monsters in water and it loves to stay in the water, I can do better on land if it would ever stay on land. :c

Book Smarts

Tried playing Elder Scrolls:Daggerfall, it's hard :l

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 00:08:31
Tried playing Elder Scrolls:Daggerfall, it's hard :l

Same with Arena.

Related and on-topic: games with really primitive graphics systems attempting to be 3D. (examples: Arena, Daggerfall.) It's just so blocky and harsh to look at, and it can be tough to figure out what's supposed to be what - comparatively, 2D video games of that era looked way better.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Flamestriker

They were indeed annoying, 2D games trying to be in third dimension.
[move][/move]

Julius

When in Final Fantasy you choose a path to look for treasure, and it turns out that was where you have to go to move the story forward. lol

I swear it happens to me about 70% of the time and then I have to backtrack!

Ah well... More EXP and goodies for me I suppose. ^-^
Purr~

FimFan14

When you log onto an online game, and miss an amazing event/givaway by less than a minute..

Go Up