Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Perfect World has chests that you can get that have 1 million coin in them. You have to spend $2 to buy a key to open the chest, but until then, you can keep it in your inventory or your bank. I hate 'em.

Why? Because people hoard them. $20 could open 10 of those, which would mean 10 million coin would suddenly be in the economy. Those chests are so potentially economy-breaking, it's scary.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Oct 20, 23:20:01
PvP
When people get mad at me for hating PvP
Competitive games
Fast paced games

So your saying you want every game on earth to be like solitaire?

FimFan14

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 22, 10:14:09
Perfect World has chests that you can get that have 1 million coin in them. You have to spend $2 to buy a key to open the chest, but until then, you can keep it in your inventory or your bank. I hate 'em.

Why? Because people hoard them. $20 could open 10 of those, which would mean 10 million coin would suddenly be in the economy. Those chests are so potentially economy-breaking, it's scary.

I'm worried. I haven't seen them yet, but Star Trek Online is using perfect world currency instead of cryptic coins now. The chests can't be far behind...

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 22, 10:14:09

Team Fortress 2 crates are the same way. You get those things all the time, and everyone has tons of them.

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 22, 00:10:47
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 00:08:31
Tried playing Elder Scrolls:Daggerfall, it's hard :l

Same with Arena.

Related and on-topic: games with really primitive graphics systems attempting to be 3D. (examples: Arena, Daggerfall.) It's just so blocky and harsh to look at, and it can be tough to figure out what's supposed to be what - comparatively, 2D video games of that era looked way better.

I found the graphics to be pleasing and controls to be smooth  o.O

lurk852

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 22, 06:07:54
When in Final Fantasy you choose a path to look for treasure, and it turns out that was where you have to go to move the story forward. lol

I swear it happens to me about 70% of the time and then I have to backtrack!

Ah well... More EXP and goodies for me I suppose. ^-^

Holy crap, yes. How did I forget this?

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 11:43:30
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 22, 00:10:47
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 00:08:31
Tried playing Elder Scrolls:Daggerfall, it's hard :l

Same with Arena.

Related and on-topic: games with really primitive graphics systems attempting to be 3D. (examples: Arena, Daggerfall.) It's just so blocky and harsh to look at, and it can be tough to figure out what's supposed to be what - comparatively, 2D video games of that era looked way better.

I found the graphics to be pleasing and controls to be smooth  o.O

Really? Huh. Out of curiosity, did you play those games before more modern 3D games (i.e. N64 era) came out? Maybe I was spoiled by later games, 'cause I didn't actually check out Arena until a few years ago.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 22, 12:25:04
Really? Huh. Out of curiosity, did you play those games before more modern 3D games (i.e. N64 era) came out? Maybe I was spoiled by later games, 'cause I didn't actually check out Arena until a few years ago.

Nope, just played Daggerfall last night, the only annoying part was controlling the melee attacks which seemed a little picky

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 15:04:08

Nope, just played Daggerfall last night, the only annoying part was controlling the melee attacks which seemed a little picky

In retrospect, I've only really tried Arena much, not Daggerfall, so I may only 50% know what I'm talking about.  X3

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 22, 15:45:11
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 22, 15:04:08

In retrospect, I've only really tried Arena much, not Daggerfall, so I may only 50% know what I'm talking about.  X3

I've only tried daggerfall and I'm still in the first dungeon, I don't know much either  :s

Thetracker3

When you're playing Fallout New Vegas, and you play some Caravan. And you can't seem to put your card in the right spot and you have to settle for a lower value card. Then you end up losing the game because you settled for that lower card, and your opponent got to 21 in all three piles before you even got to 15.
Maybe it's just me sucking at Caravan, but I hate that stupid card game. It's just like solitare, I always lose!
Pity Anti-bronies, for they don't know the love of The Herd.

Pet's name: Fëanáro
Ultimate brony survey: http://derpy.me/UBS2012

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Thetracker3 on 2012 Oct 22, 20:45:05
When you're playing Fallout New Vegas, and you play some Caravan. And you can't seem to put your card in the right spot and you have to settle for a lower value card. Then you end up losing the game because you settled for that lower card, and your opponent got to 21 in all three piles before you even got to 15.
Maybe it's just me sucking at Caravan, but I hate that stupid card game. It's just like solitare, I always lose!

lol solitary is evil

Book Smarts

Having a group of legion troops appear right in your face after leaving a building in Fallout New Vegas

akirawind0

Most annoying Think in Video Games...hmm...
Boss who heal them self, Player who keep attacking you so you can not do anything.
At the moment I can think anything else.

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

stealthunicorn

Quote from: akirawind0 on 2012 Oct 25, 08:53:04
Boss who heal them self

That moment when you get a gym leader or elite four member's pokemon down to red health... and they heal to full. (?°?°)?? ??? ? ?(°?° ?)
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

Wandering Star

2012 Oct 25, 10:21:34 #114 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 16:22:15 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 21, 23:44:41
Quote from: Wandering Star on 2012 Oct 21, 23:33:53
Wait for the Diablos, it is far more annoying.

I'm stuck fighting the Lagiacrus I can't seem to beat the thing I'm really bad at fighting monsters in water and it loves to stay in the water, I can do better on land if it would ever stay on land. :c

Lagiacrus is a little meanie who likes to tackle you back if you dodge his charge. If you have problems battling him and getting his attack patron, just focus on his chest and on his back and use hammers, sword-axes, katanas or lances (Yeah, mobile and large weapons). Sword and Shield are just crap on the water, because you don't have the speed and mobility you can have on land.

Wear fire weapons and thunder element armor like the barroth set. In fact, in my opinion, the barroth set is almost the best one in the game, apart of Ibirujo's/Ceadeus' sets.

On topic: When you buy an expensive weapon in a RPG and, when you go out looking for adventures, your first drop is a better weapon than you have. Wasted money.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: akirawind0 on 2012 Oct 25, 08:53:04
Boss who heal them self, Player who keep attacking you so you can not do anything.
At the moment I can think anything else.

bosses who take over your healers mind... Makes them heal them... then sacrifices them to use a powerful attack.

Book Smarts

Walking into an area 5x your party's level and getting annihilated by a behemoth, or dragon  >:/

Zygrograxgra

Pattern based bosses/bosses that have but one weakness.
I'd rather just shoot at them while dodging their attacks, I find it much more fun. I get that we need a challenge, but following a pattern isn't difficult at all. Surviving long enough to beat them is.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Oct 25, 16:28:55 #118 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 16:31:15 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Oct 25, 16:13:27
Pattern based bosses/bosses that have but one weakness.
I'd rather just shoot at them while dodging their attacks, I find it much more fun. I get that we need a challenge, but following a pattern isn't difficult at all. Surviving long enough to beat them is.

Like a couple of the bosses in Okami.
Spoiler: show
When fighting Orochi, you defeat each of the eight heads by making them drink sake when they roar, then running up their neck and attacking the bell in the middle of them. It's easier if you use your abilities to counter their special attacks.

Spoiler: show
And then there's the ninetailed fox, but at least she's a little more difficult. When she raises her sword, you have to paint a line from a bolt of lightning to her sword to shock her, but she can paint on your scroll to negate whatever ability you're about to use. Shocking her causes eight of her tails to turn into foxes that you have to fight for a limited amount of time. You do it over and over until she only has one tail. o_o If you fail to shock her sword, she'll attack you with it. Ouch.

I kinda had fun with those bosses, though.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

How did I forget this? Fuuka from Persona 3. For those who haven't played it, she's a member of your party who doesn't fight, but instead spends each fight making blindingly obvious (and occasionally flat-out stupid) statements in a worried voice, all the time. "*GASP* [Party member] has fallen!" You don't say...

At least the equivalent character in the first part of Persona 4 is pretty great. Basically the same role, only with way more bad puns.

Go Up