Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jul 28, 12:57:08
*sigh*
Video game fanboys. (you know, those people who are overly obsessed with specific video game series, consoles or companies to the point where they ignore every bad thing that comes from those listed) You say one bad thing about their likes and they fire the hate cannon right in your face.

Luckily I've had very rare encounters with these people, maybe...4 in my lifetime?

I loathe dealing with them. Any of them. There's no point of firing the "hate cannon" just because they haven't experienced the game yet, or just thinks the genre is bad, despite that game having many fans itself.

Making fun of the art style isn't the way either. Just because it's "cartoony", doesn't mean it's a bad game. People who judge the game on how it looks annoys me the most! :l

The Wandering Magus

having the power go off while at the last stage of a long, LONG quest/game/whatever.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jul 28, 23:50:41
*sigh*
Video game fanboys. (you know, those people who are overly obsessed with specific video game series, consoles or companies to the point where they ignore every bad thing that comes from those listed) You say one bad thing about their likes and they fire the hate cannon right in your face.

Luckily I've had very rare encounters with these people, maybe...4 in my lifetime?

I loathe dealing with them. Any of them. There's no point of firing the "hate cannon" just because they haven't experienced the game yet, or just thinks the genre is bad, despite that game having many fans itself.

Making fun of the art style isn't the way either. Just because it's "cartoony", doesn't mean it's a bad game. People who judge the game on how it looks annoys me the most! :l
Cartoony games are the best ever! Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, the like.
I'm back

Teal Turken

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 29, 09:22:59
*sigh*

I don't really get why cartoony games are hated on so much. The people that hate on cartoony games tend to really enjoy realistic graphics and I don't really know why. Realistic graphics can be, in my opinion, very dull and boring a lot of the time. Everything's always gray, faded blue and dirt brown. Plus camera shake from explosions makes it all look like TV static. :x

People who "call" weapons or vehicles.
I take it from them if they're rude about it.
Spoiler: Funny Story • show
I took the boomshot from a kid (literal kid) in Gears of War 1 back when it was around and he lost it. He said he'd call up his sister, who worked at Epic Games, and have me kicked off Xbox Live. All for a gun in a 3-6 minute round in a match. The best part was him freaking out after she told him she can't do anything, that's when the death threats started and not just for me. I had a good laugh throughout that day.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jul 29, 09:43:28
*sigh*

I don't really get why cartoony games are hated on so much. The people that hate on cartoony games tend to really enjoy realistic graphics and I don't really know why. Realistic graphics can be, in my opinion, very dull and boring a lot of the time. Everything's always gray, faded blue and dirt brown. Plus camera shake from explosions makes it all look like TV static. :x

I took the boomshot from a kid (literal kid) in Gears of War 1 back when it was around and he lost it. He said he'd call up his sister, who worked at Epic Games, and have me kicked off Xbox Live. All for a gun in a 3-6 minute round in a match. The best part was him freaking out after she told him she can't do anything, that's when the death threats started and not just for me. I had a good laugh throughout that day.

EXACTLY! Which is why I don't like realistic games. I NEED COLOR!!!
I'm back

Zaner

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 29, 10:53:28
Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jul 29, 09:43:28
*sigh*

EXACTLY! Which is why I don't like realistic games. I NEED COLOR!!!

The game DLC Quest has a DLC pack called the "HD Textures pack". It tints everything brown because realism.

narwhaliagames

I think cartoony games make it just feel a lot more fun than it already is I don't know why but it just feels that way for me :D
ay i'm no longer using this site

PrincessButton

Being at a disadvantage in every game because I don't have a mouse. :I
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

blobking156

walking around with a weak persona equipped in the persona series

The Wandering Magus

when my dog disconnects some wires...
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

narwhaliagames

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jul 29, 21:19:11
my cat does that all the time that's why I play more pc games

The Wandering Magus

all the gunk that builds up in between the cracks in the controller >.<

BerserkerBrony

when your opponent on a fighter game complains that you cheated after you turned them into paste.

SolarStorm

Related to fighting game annoyances, People who disconnect because you're beating them.
It can also be related to a lot of multi-player competitive games..

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: narwhaliagames on 2013 Jul 29, 21:30:24
Seriously? Okay, not to brag or anything, but my cat has NEVER done that. She even is careful not to step on the system, lest it bump and crash. Well, depending on what system it is.
I'm back

Nightmare702

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jul 30, 09:18:44
Seriously? Okay, not to brag or anything, but my cat has NEVER done that. She even is careful not to step on the system, lest it bump and crash. Well, depending on what system it is.

My cat used to disconnect my ps2 controller while my dog unplugs the AV cables few years back lol
~Deleted, wat?~

Chack

When experienced players on my team yell at me because I'm not as good as them. Happens quite a bit in TF2.
Wait for it...

PrincessButton

Ferrets really like to pull at wires too, but they don't do it by accident like the dogs and cats, they try to take the wires under furniture where the hide and stuff. I:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

actual hackers who steal your account

narwhaliagames

lucky

Go Up