Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Mar 28, 00:45:02 #780 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 28, 00:50:23 by Rikaria
With the Mewtwo DLC coming out soon, I figured this should be asked: what do you think will be its Final Smash?
  • Mega Mewtwo X

• Mega Mewtwo Y

• Something completely unexpected
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Peace Keeper

I would put my guess on Mega Evo Y. The Y form was shown more around everywhere than X, and if the pattern of Pokemon Mega Evolutions go in place, pretty sure Mewtwo will join in as well.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Mar 28, 01:01:34
and if the pattern of Pokemon Mega Evolutions go in place, pretty sure Mewtwo will join in as well

You mean have X, Y, and regular Mewtwo attack all at once or something?

KirbyFluttershy

It's most likely that Mega mewtwo Y will be the final smash I believe. My friend predicted that it would be Mega mewtwo Y. Well Mega mewtwo Y is the most popular mega evolution I believe so that's why it's gonna be Mega Mewtwo Y.

We Haven't talked much about amiibos lately so I was wondering what's up.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 28, 02:39:44
You mean have X, Y, and regular Mewtwo attack all at once or something?

whoops. sorry for my bad English.
Like Charizard has a mega evolution final and Lucario has a mega evolution final, I assume that Mewtwo as well will have a mega evolution final smash as well. Pretty much my prediction, but who knows.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Mar 28, 03:11:53
whoops. sorry for my bad English.
Like Charizard has a mega evolution final and Lucario has a mega evolution final, I assume that Mewtwo as well will have a mega evolution final smash as well. Pretty much my prediction, but who knows.

Ah... Yeah, I suppose that'd make the most sense.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Mar 28, 02:45:49
It's most likely that Mega mewtwo Y will be the final smash I believe. My friend predicted that it would be Mega mewtwo Y. Well Mega mewtwo Y is the most popular mega evolution I believe so that's why it's gonna be Mega Mewtwo Y.

We Haven't talked much about amiibos lately so I was wondering what's up.

That's exactly why I think Mega Mewtwo X is still a possibility; because it doesn't have as much popularity, and there are probably some fans who'd like to see it (also, X IS part Fighting after all :P).

And honestly, there's not much to talk about amiibo after you level them up to 50. Sure, they can still learn new strategies, but other than that I can't really think of anything else. (I'd rather not talk about collections, either...)

LostSanity

Well I won't be able to get it because apparently the only way to get it is to register your Smash Bros game with Club Nintendo (which I thought was closing...  :l).

Oh well. I wasn't planning on playing it ever again anyway because there's nothing else for me to do in the game.

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

I'm not even sure if they're gonna make the mewtwo DLC a payable DLC (like hyrule warriors; DLC) as a 2nd chance for those that haven't registered both 3DS and wii-u of SSB.

I don't think mega mewtwo X will be used as a final smash. Like my friend said it's by popular mega evolution like Mega Charizard X and Mega Lucario. Both Mega Mewtwo X and Y were as a trophy in the wii-u version, but Mega Mewtwo Y will still be used as a final smash for mewtwo. who knows though. we'll just have to see on the next nintendo direct and see what they did to mewtwo.

Rikaria

2015 Apr 01, 18:26:57 #788 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 01, 19:04:11 by Rikaria
The results are in: Mega Mewtwo Y is its Final Smash. Anyway, the Mewtwo DLC codes will be sent out on April 15, but for everyone else, you can purchase it on April 28 for $4.99/€4.99/500¥ for both games, or less for just one.

Lucas is also confirmed to be DLC.

KirbyFluttershy

That's what i've been trying to tell you about mewtwo's final smash and you didn't even get what i said before this direct happened and said that mega mewtwo X needs some love. that's not gonna happen.

Rikaria

2015 Apr 01, 20:20:02 #790 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 02, 12:37:26 by Rikaria
Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Apr 01, 19:26:24
That's what i've been trying to tell you about mewtwo's final smash and you didn't even get what i said before this direct happened and said that mega mewtwo X needs some love. that's not gonna happen.

It wasn't like I was ignoring what you said. All I've been saying is that there's just some possibility for X's form to be in... *sigh*

Moving on, along with the Mewtwo DLC, SSB Wii U will get an update where we'll finally be able to share content; that includes custom stages!

EDIT: Jigglypuff's amiibo is set to be a Target exclusive, while Greninja's is a Toys"R"Us exclusive.

Fluffy Cloud

Hey, just curious. What controllers do you prefer to play Smash 4 with? I usually use the Game Pad.

Rikaria

Gamepad, probably because I'm so used to the 3DS controls now.

GoldenTerrabyte

Pro Controller, it's the most comfortable.

Also, excited for Lucas! I wonder if there will be other returning characters as DLC. Fingers crossed for Snake and Young Link!
I'm back

Rikaria

Why Young Link... We already have Toon Link.

KirbyFluttershy

The chances of pichu and wolf coming back are pretty much slim. Young link, well we have toon link, but yeah that's true. Roy's comeback is a no chance i believe. Any characters from assist trophy to a fighter will have to wait till Smash 5.

Oh as for the controls for SSB wii-u, I use both Wii Classic Controller and Gamepad.

Peace Keeper

I would think Roy has some chance, but probably not since Roy Koopa now takes the name. Not sure how they will distinguish the name.

I would believe Ice Climbers may have a chance at life again. They were pretty tricky but fun to use.

I really didn't like 3ds controls. Too thin of margin of correct movement. I use now a Smash Pad. Feels like the Gamecube, except the Gamecube controller feels like home.

Chibalt

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Apr 02, 22:49:30
I would think Roy has some chance, but probably not since Roy Koopa now takes the name. Not sure how they will distinguish the name.

I would believe Ice Climbers may have a chance at life again. They were pretty tricky but fun to use.

I really didn't like 3ds controls. Too thin of margin of correct movement. I use now a Smash Pad. Feels like the Gamecube, except the Gamecube controller feels like home.

If the next game doesn't come out on 3DS then it's quite likely the ice climbers might return, it has been proven repeatedly that they were removed as the system is NOT able to run correctly with a maximum of 16 fighters on screen, coding included, on the 3DS. (In the rare but possible case all 8 players were to use ice climbers in 8-player mode) And as the devs did not want characters to be exclusive to either of the two platforms they removed ice climbers entirely, Roy is too much of a clone of Marth if going by his Melee variant, and they are not going to have two marth clones around.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

Pichu isn't that farfetched actually if you look at Mario/Dr. Mario, Pit/Dark Pit, and Marth/Lucina (and in the future, Ness/Lucas). Not saying it'll return for sure (I bet a lot of fans would complain about having too many clones), but I just wanted to point that out.

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone knows about this already (and I'm really sorry for forgetting about it), but there's a thing going on at the Super Smash Bros. 4 official website where you can vote for characters you'd like to see as future DLC. Though I highly doubt a lot of characters will make it, it's interesting they're willing to listen to fans. (I voted for Krystal, by the way.)

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Apr 02, 19:15:08
Why Young Link... We already have Toon Link.
The same logic that they brought back Dr. Mario when they already have Luigi as Mario's semi-clone. There are enough differences to warrant another character, and Young Link's still my favorite Smash character of all. Plus, he's more relevant and popular now that Majora's Mask 3D has come out, and they could easily make him even more unique if they base him more on Majora's Mask Link like Hyrule Warriors had it.
I'm back

Go Up