Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Fluffy Cloud

I'm getting the WiiU Smash Bros. but I won't be able to play online. We had this other WiiU, but it wasn't working right. It was exchanged for another, but my Nintendo Network account is STILL linked to the old one.

Anyways, I also like the fact that they're putting in 8-player smash, since family comes over sometimes and all the little kids want to play, but since Brawl is only 4 players, some couldn't play. With 8-player smash, now everybody can play.

Peace Keeper

My nephew had an interesting idea froma friend of his.

His friend said that now 8 players can play, how about a Koopaling fight. 8 Koopas duking it out to be Bowser's favorite minion/child.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

Quote from: Fluffy Cloud on 2014 Nov 18, 21:23:42
I'm getting the WiiU Smash Bros. but I won't be able to play online. We had this other WiiU, but it wasn't working right. It was exchanged for another, but my Nintendo Network account is STILL linked to the old one.

You can still create/use the same NNID on another Wii U; it's just that any and all save data from the previous one won't be accessible.

I'm not sure how the system handles games that actually use online play, though... *looks at Wii games that used Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection back then*
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Necro-Vile

2014 Nov 19, 04:23:22 #663 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 19, 04:57:19 by Necro-Vile
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2014 Nov 18, 07:22:32
Quote from: Necro-Vile on 2014 Nov 18, 04:25:24
P.S: Saying this honestly. No spamming!!!  That gets no one any better. That is all I have to say about that. ^-^

Dealt with spammers a lot last night, the worst two being Ness spamming fire and King Dedede  spamming his spiked ball.

I've dealt with a ness spammer before. I slightly lost my sanity that second. (Gamer rage much? Maybe a little. lol) Try going against a yoshi who spams his eggs at a distance so you won't reach him. It's pretty irritating and noobish if you ask me.

Those people must not know how to play King DDD well then. As DDD is my second best character.  :]

Post Merge

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Nov 18, 09:32:56
When I TRY to spam I fail at it, so I never do it

Then you're naturally a great player.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Necro-Vile on 2014 Nov 19, 04:23:22
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2014 Nov 18, 07:22:32
Quote from: Necro-Vile on 2014 Nov 18, 04:25:24
P.S: Saying this honestly. No spamming!!!  That gets no one any better. That is all I have to say about that. ^-^

Dealt with spammers a lot last night, the worst two being Ness spamming fire and King Dedede  spamming his spiked ball.

I've dealt with a ness spammer before. I slightly lost my sanity that second. (Gamer rage much? Maybe a little. lol) Try going against a yoshi who spams his eggs at a distance so you won't reach him. It's pretty irritating and noobish if you ask me.

Those people must not know how to play King DDD well then. As DDD is my second best character.  :]

Post Merge

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Nov 18, 09:32:56
When I TRY to spam I fail at it, so I never do it

Then you're naturally a great player.

Oh my gosh, NEVER GET CAUGHT IN A SPAM OF NESS'S DOWN TILT. You'll get like 40 damage in like a second
I'm back

Julius

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Nov 18, 09:51:05
Threeeeeeeeeeeeee moooooooooooooore daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays! Seriously though, is anyone else getting SSB Wii U? I still feel like I'm the only one :(

EDIT: The 1.04 patched has been released for SSB 3DS. PLEASE remember that:

- You won't be able to connect with those that have 1.03 and older.
- ALL replay data you saved prior to this patch will be completely useless due to character balancing (so naturally, the game can't replicate the old stuff with the new data).

I preordered it at Nintendo World several days ago along with a Link Amiibo! I can go pick it up Thursday night! <3

I'll try to preorder Pokemon Thursday morning too... X3
Purr~

Rikaria

2014 Nov 19, 11:08:44 #666 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 19, 17:06:34 by Rikaria
I'm also getting Link (I think I said that already... I dunno, my memory's horrible ><).

I won't be able to play SSB Wii U (and Omega Ruby, for that matter) until like sometime before noon my time on Friday, though... How are you able to get it early?

EDIT: Some articles of interest:

- http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/
- http://nintendoeverything.com/meta-knight-amiibo-is-exclusive-to-best-buy/
- http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-why-mewtwo-isnt-paid-dlc-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Peace Keeper

D: There are some epic battles I have saved on my 3DS, and I want to record them to my computer before updating.

Does anybody know how to record Smash Bros 3DS matches in good quality to the computer?
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

2014 Nov 19, 18:42:23 #668 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 19, 20:18:46 by Rikaria
Aside from having a capture card installed on a 3DS (quite expensive) or managing to hold both the 3DS and video camera completely still, no.

EDIT: For you Ridley fans: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-explains-why-ridley-isnt-a-fighter-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

GoldenTerrabyte

Ridley WAS too big all along! lol
I'm back

Julius

I can get Nintendo games one day early because Nintendo World is awesome! <3
Purr~

Rikaria

http://nintendoeverything.com/lucario-amiibo-is-exclusive-to-toys-r-us/

Gee, thanks Nintendo. Too bad the "nearest" one from where I live is like 1 1/2 hours away, and I can't even order online ._.

Julius

I would totally gift you one if you were ok with that! You'd just need to link me to the Amazon page once it was up for sale and I'd get it for you~

Yay for having your own debit card and being able to do whatever you want with your money. ^-^
Purr~

Rikaria

Julius

... Yes. I was super tired when I woke up and wrote that earlier. X3
Purr~

Rikaria

Heh... X3 Anyway, unless they plan on releasing it sooner, it looks like the site is saying it'll come out in/ship out at March 31, 2015... which is more than a month past my birthday x.x

Also, I'm not sure if I'll still be living at the same spot by then.

Itty Bit

11 hours till midnight launch for me! ^-^
All this waiting was fun, but now it's finally time to uncover absolutely everything!

Rikaria

Just a reminder: SSB 3DS' current Conquest (dunno about Wii U's side) is Team Omega Ruby (Charizard & Pikachu) vs. Team Alpha Sapphire (Lucario & Greninja) and will only last for four days.

Necro-Vile

Me and Peace Keeper...
Spoiler: Duking it out • show

Rikaria

I've learned that doing the following when you're playing alone can raise your amiibo to Level 50:

- Playing 8-Player Smash for 2-2 1/2 hours (do Time or even Coin matches to accurately measure this; as the max limit setting aside from infinite is 99 minutes, you're gonna have to do more than one match)
- Items can be on or off
- You fight on a team with your amiibo
- All (the remaining six slots being) COMs are on Level 9
- Preferred (but not necessarily recommended) team format is 4 vs. 4
- Any stage EXCEPT Palutena's Temple as it's WAY too huge to even try to score KO's quickly (unless you set the Damage Ratio to 2.0 or something)

Of course, you could always do the normal 4-Player Smash, but you'll probably have to play longer. Again, this is assuming you're playing alone.

Go Up