Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MrEmu

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 13, 22:15:36
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 13, 21:13:45
Can you still fight the other characters even if you can't play as them?
And I hope Robin and Lucina are playable...

Nope, just the five.
I don't know who ''the five'' are but oh well...
I guess I'll just have to buy the game to get my Fe:A fix. ;)

Julius

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 13, 22:29:50
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 13, 22:15:36
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 13, 21:13:45
Can you still fight the other characters even if you can't play as them?
And I hope Robin and Lucina are playable...

Nope, just the five.
I don't know who ''the five'' are but oh well...
I guess I'll just have to buy the game to get my Fe:A fix. ;)

The five Rikaria mentioned... lol

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman and the Villager.
Purr~

LostSanity

2014 Sep 13, 22:54:53 #262 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 14, 01:26:20 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 13, 22:34:28
The five Rikaria mentioned... lol

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman and the Villager.

Perfect.

I'll enjoy kicking Megaman's butt then as either Link or Pikachu.

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

the characters and stages that are shaded cannot be played in the demo version. for 1st timers or beginners, it's hard to get used the controls because the L button is your throwing instead of block, but if you use L button to block more oftenly, you can probably change the controls in the retail (hopefully).
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

KirbyFluttershy

there was a downside part about making the battlefield stage into final destination-like stage which is that the item appearance is set to off.

Itty Bit

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Sep 14, 21:19:13
there was a downside part about making the battlefield stage into final destination-like stage which is that the item appearance is set to off.

That's not so bad... A lot of people prefer to play without items, so it just gives people more oppertunity to play their way in the demo C:

KirbyFluttershy

Well usually people have to play with items to get the experience, fun, and thrill of the game, but for tournament practice matters, that all depends on the tournament rules depending on if the items are on or off.

Itty Bit

2014 Sep 15, 13:02:34 #268 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 15, 13:09:08 by Itty Bit
Items are never on in tournaments... Well, tournament aside from Ninteno's, but even they turned off items in their final round XD
I've never been a big tournament player myself, but I do love watching people play. It's like an entirely different game when you watch the top level people like Mew2king or Hungrybox play.

As for my own personal taste, I like items myself, but I mostly prefer to play without them. It's good goofy fun to have items, especially in a 4 player match, but nothing can get me more adrenaline filled than a close match against another player using nothing but the character itself to win a match ^-^

While I probably won't be using Omega mode that much myself, I can find it super useful to use with my buddy, who only likes to play on Final Destination (although contrary to popular belief, that actually isn't the most neutral stage in the game). It just offers much more variety in scenery and music than fighting out every battle in space!

Shadow Mare

Finally played the demo and these items are beyond the word broken. I'm keeping items off.

Rikaria

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Sep 15, 13:23:27
Finally played the demo and these items are beyond the word broken. I'm keeping items off.

Items keeps things fun and fresh, in my opinion. At least matches won't always be the same.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

I think items off can still keep things fresh~ It just all boils down to mindgame at that point. But that being said, I can still see why some people would prefer the frantic and crazy item's on C:

When I keep my items on, I like to keep them on low. That way they appear, but not so much that the stage becomes littered with items. I also sometimes turn off the healing items and stuff like the dragoon, since I just personally don't like those specific ones~

Though now that I think of it... does anybody know if the Special Mode is still going to be intact? I don't remember hearing any word on if it's back or not... I think it would be a lot of fun to have a permanent Tanuki Leaf battle. ^-^

Shadow Mare

QuoteItems keeps things fun and fresh, in my opinion.

*slaps you unconscious*

No they don't.

Julius

And that is your opinion... But items do make things fun and different. For most of us at least. :l

That doesn't mean I don't like playing without them. Au contraire, I'm much like Itty in that regard but I still love fighting with items a lot. ^-^
Purr~

Itty Bit

While we are on the topic... What is you guy's favorite item? It doesn't have to be new, it can be any in general!
As stated before, I'm loving the Tanuki Leaf, but I also am a big fan of most transforming items! Mushrooms, metal boxes, bunny hoods, all that stuff is tons of fun to play with!
Assist trophies are pretty cool too! It's kind of a shame I'm not seeing my homegirl Lip anywhere, but what we do have is still pretty cool. Dark Samus, for one, is one of the more memorable new Assist Trophies C:

And it's also cool to note that what we are seeing isn't actually all of the items, as only a few are in the demo version, if I remember correctly ^^

Rikaria

It'll always be the Poké Ball (and now including the Master Ball) for me. It's fun to see things get as crazy as possible with a lot of Pokémon out /o/
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

oh yeah, High Pokeball/Assist trophy matches are always crazy fun to do XD

Pipkin

Hello everyone, this is just a polite reminder asking everypony to play nice and to make sure to respect other people's views and opinions.  Thank you!

Chrisgotjar

Hmm... I'm not sure what I'd class as my favourite item... Maybe the Pokeballs and Assist trophies just to see all the other characters randomly pop up.

I'm still waiting for Ness to be comfirmed :s since he's one of the characters I play best as in Melee and Brawl.
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Julius

Well Chrissypooh...

Spoiler: show
He was never confirmed but I know for a fact that he is indeed in the game! :)

My favorite item would have to be Skyward Sword's wind blower! :D
Purr~

Go Up