Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2014 Apr 04, 15:05:17 #120 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 06, 22:00:17 by Rikaria
Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Apr 04, 15:00:08
And I had that idea too. Stages on both versions and characters in both versions able to connect. Since obviously, exclusive stages can't load on the other system due to the data not being there. Like 3DS to Wii U or vice versa.

(slightly off-topic) If it's something similar to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate multiplayer, I can see that happening.

(on-topic; EDIT) This seems extremely relevant now:

I bet there will be an Event Match with these two :P
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Eivuiee

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Apr 04, 12:24:52
Super Smash Bros Direct coming April 8th. And I'm really excited for it!
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/

What do you guys think's gonna happen in it? Assuming we haven't had any character announcements in well over a month now, I have a hunch were gonna get a handful of newcomers to join the party! and hopefully Lip will be one of them, even though that's a pretty big stretch...

I'm also gonna predict that we might get a little more insight on how the WiiU and 3DS versions will interact with one
another, and maybe shed some light on that "Customization" Sakurai was mentioning earlier.

And lastly I'm hoping to see a release date. Oh man, I really, really want to see a release date

SO MUCH HYPE OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

But yes I'd love to get some info on the specific version differences and how the games'll interact!
I seem to recall that you can't actually play 3DS vs. Wii U, though I desperately hope I picked that up wrong.

Can't exactly say I'm still hoping for one specific character to join though. Pretty happy with the characters that're already in.
But every extra one would be a joy~

Rikaria

One, more, day, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*runs around in circles till there's a circle in the ground*

Jenzy

You know what they say...

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Rikaria

^ I'm so glad we can turn off those outlines in the 3DS version... That pic looks so weird with them...

Eivuiee

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Apr 07, 10:28:18
^ I'm so glad we can turn off those outlines in the 3DS version... That pic looks so weird with them...

You can turn them off? Where'd you hear that? o:

Rikaria

It was announced on Miiverse, I believe.

Itty Bit

Uh huh! There was even a Pic of the day comparing the game with and without the outlines

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I feel kinda bad for being this excited for a game that still probably has a ways to go until it releases, but I guess it just can't be helped. >u<

Eivuiee

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Apr 07, 17:49:14
Uh huh! There was even a Pic of the day comparing the game with and without the outlines

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I feel kinda bad for being this excited for a game that still probably has a ways to go until it releases, but I guess it just can't be helped. >u<

Oh wow, that's really neat! But I can definitely see why they're an option in the first place. Things blend together a bit when you don't have too many pixels to work with..

And man, I'll be so behind on the news. I need to wait till the next day to watch the Direct, since I would need to stay up till midnight otherwise.
Doesn't make me any less stoked though!

Jenzy

Quote from: Eivuiee on 2014 Apr 08, 01:46:52
And man, I'll be so behind on the news. I need to wait till the next day to watch the Direct, since I would need to stay up till midnight otherwise.
Doesn't make me any less stoked though!

Same with me for Mario Kart. I'm pretty much done with it now though, at least course-wise. I'm keeping any more courses a surprise to me. It's so hard to resist though X3

It's my friend's birthday tomorrow. He really likes his gift from Nintendo lol (he's more on the Smash Bros Hype Train while I'm travelling on the Mario Kart one.)

Hope to see great additions to the game. Waluigi being an assist again was disappointing for me, but it doesn't depend on him. I'm sure there's more amazingness to come in this game!

Rikaria

I hope you all found alternate livestream links other than the official Nintendo one, because servers will be crowded like crazy x.x

Jenzy

Itty Bit

Just a little under two hours left, I'm pretty excited ^^
I'm really gonna hope for some super big new thing for the game to be announced today, something bigger than a roster update or a few new stages or items.

Rikaria

That, was, so, AWESOME! :3 I can't wait for this to come out!

Itty Bit

2014 Apr 08, 18:52:59 #134 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 08, 18:55:13 by Itty Bit
Spoiler: show
3DS VERSION COMES OUT THIS SUMMER! IT'S SO CLOSE!
I'm also super Happy to see Charizard as his own character, as well as seeing Greninja as a newcomer! They both look incredible! But I think I'm most excited for that new Smash Rush mode! City trail was one of the coolest things ever in Kirby's air ride, so needless to say I'm super stoked about a Smash Bros version of it!
I also think it's really cool that the development is working towards supporting the competitive version just as much as the non competitive version, with the For Fun and For Glory online features.
I'm super duper excited for the game now >u<

Eivuiee

They nerfed Piiiiitttt.... But didn't show any of Toon Link, so there's still hope.
I'm a little bamboozled concerning Olimar's 3-pikmin-at-a-time nerf, but they do what they think is right.
I have one major concern though....

Where's Hyrule Temple?

Rikaria

Quote from: Eivuiee on 2014 Apr 09, 00:31:17
Where's Hyrule Temple?

Wasn't another stage replacing it?

LostSanity

Yup.

This game is going to be AWESOME.

I'm looking forward to it.

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Eivuiee

Because we need more funsies in here!

Itty Bit

Heehee, I don't think we need to post any more spoiler tags X3
But just to be safe I'll put the direct here for anyone who missed it.

Also, has anyone else seen the barrage of screenshots containing tons of the new items in the games? I'm specifically looking forward to the Tanuki leaf, as I'm curious as to what it might do!

Go Up