Writing Applications Now Closed

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Oct 22, 15:15:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2014 Oct 22, 15:15:00 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 29, 15:15:04 by Ellowee
Hello, everyone!

We are now looking for writers and editors to join the Legends of Equestria team! If you have a passion for writing, are interested in game development, or just want to use your talents to help the game along, please feel free to send us an email!

Update: Writing applications are now closed! Thanks to all of you who applied!

Elphyda

Small question: What exactly are we sending to [email protected]?  Is it a story, an application, or something else?

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: chisoka on 2014 Oct 22, 15:51:14
Small question: What exactly are we sending to [email protected]?  Is it a story, an application, or something else?

Agreed, I am a writer and I would love to make an contribution to the place.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Supersnot

Indeed, I have read through the post and found it confusing too.  ^-^

I assume it's a story link in Google Docs and so have done that. The post also mentioned making sure all judges are to have permissions to view? I assume they will give us a list of those so we can allow them to see the Google Doc. Anyhow I'm sure it will all work out  :D
"It's a wise bird which knows which way the camel points."

Naura

Why am I too young... >A<
Good luck to everyone else who tries to get on the writing team!
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

James Vermont

"Examples must be at least one page in length"

When you say this does it mean you would like an example of our work?
Or should we write up a few paragraphs explaining why we would be good for the job, using previous experience to back up what we say?

Halcyon

I'm going with an example of our writing.

Lucky I have a fanfic in progress to help

As for an example of previous qualification how do we note that? Just say so? (I only ask because attachments wont be read)

Elphyda

I guess you just mark down everything they want in the email, and the one page example is of that of your work.  That's what I'm going to do.

Blue Ink

Hi all! Sorry for the confusion. We are, indeed, looking for a sample of your writing. I've updated the post and made the really important parts bold. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good luck!
[move][/move]

James Vermont

And the single page of creative writing can be anything? Or should we keep it MLP related?

Elphyda

I feel it could be anything, but I used an MLP theme just to be safe.

Supersnot

Thanks for clearing that up! So just need to know who to give permissions too  ^-^

Pipkin

Quote from: Supersnot on 2014 Oct 23, 17:09:16
Thanks for clearing that up! So just need to know who to give permissions too  ^-^

If you are referring to the google document, I think setting the doc to "Anyone with the link can view" and emailing that link is the best way to go :)

Elphyda

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Oct 23, 19:33:26
Quote from: Supersnot on 2014 Oct 23, 17:09:16

If you are referring to the google document, I think setting the doc to "Anyone with the link can view" and emailing that link is the best way to go :)

That's the method I used as well.  I'm glad to know I didn't mess up there.

Weatherboy1

1 more year until I can sign up....
(Also will there be a 24 hour livestream any-time soon?)

Supersnot

Ah that's the ticket! New to Google Docs, thanks for the help  0:)

Cesese

Hi. I'd like to apply as a writer, but I haven't done anything in english. Should I create a one-shot for the google doc, or translate one of my fics?  :P

DeceptiveCadance

Could an example of writing be a series of quest dialogue or something?

Greyscaleisme

Can it be anything writing related? Or does it have to be a story?  :s
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Go Up