Is there a breeze in here? (Wind Storm OC)

Started by Wind Storm, 2012 Nov 12, 20:59:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wind Storm

Name: Wind Storm
Nickname: Windy
Looks: (See Signature)
Cutie Mark: A Tornado
Talent: Bringing the weather, especially the stormy kind.

Personality: The best way to describe Wind Storm would be easy going. She is like a summer breeze, coasting along life, taking everything in stride. A usually happy pony, Wind Storm is more than willing to help another in need. No matter if it is helping Twilight Sparkle organize her library, or make a quick delivery, the Pegasus is always there with a smile.
Rare to get into fights, Wind Storm would rather talk out a solution or back off. She would rather leave an uncomfortable situation before it escalated into something far worse.
She is rather absent minded, and despite her best intentions is prone to forgetting what she was doing, or even talking about.
Wind Storm's personality changes however, when she is working. Working as a weather pony, she takes great pride in her ability to bring the rain, and storms. She becomes intesely focused when it comes to the weather, and you would be hard pressed to get to her talk if she is in the middle of kicking rain clouds.
However once the task is done, you can usually find her relaxing on her favorite cloud, humming and back to her usual self.

Aspiration: Wind Storm has always been a fan of the Wonderbolt's, and looks up to them as role models, and an aspiration of what she can become. She dreams to fly with them, and if she had the time, she can usually be seen mimicking their flights and practicing to perfect her own  Sonic Wind-Boom.

Special trait: Once she did her own Sonic Wind Boom, but has yet to duplicate the move.

Background:Windstorm was born and raised in Baltimare, by a Pegasus mother and an Earth pony father. When her sister Flash Flood was born, she spent much time at home, playing with her sister. Their mother taught them how to fly, and their father taught them the value of treating others fairly, and equally. 
She grew up with a normal life, going to school with other fillies and colts. She flitted from group to group, her airy personality helping her get along with many of the others. However, on the downside she never made many close friends. She spent most of her time with her sister, flying and playing the days away.
When she was 17, Wind Storm decided to move to Ponyville in order to be closer to Cloudsdale. She figured living closer to her dreams would help them come true.
The filly left home, and found cheap lodging in Ponyville, as well as a job helping with the weather.
She currently lives with Flash Flood, in a small home near Twilight Sparkle's tree.

(This is all a bit of a WIP, but this is the basis of Wind Storm. I'll probably be getting Flash Flood's info up soon as well. I love critiques, they help people grow so fire away, tactfully. ^-^)

Aspiring Wonderbolt, and Weather Pony, Wind Storm.

Midnight Breeze

Rad Thunder

I don't think her and Rad Thunder would get along. Rad's not a fan of the Wonderbolts. :P

Wind Storm

Midnight: Did I?  :o

Rad: Oh yes, Rad then they probably would not get along. Although Wind Storm would probably be confused as why, until she saw something interesting pass by.  lol

Gracie Sky

An aspiring Wonderbolt who cannot reproduce a signature move. Be careful, you're treading on Rainbow Dash's territory  o.O

What exactly is a Sonic Wind-Boom, anyways? I assume it's similar in nature to the Sonic Rainboom performed by her rival, Rainbow Dash.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Tiger

Love this OC! Nicely balanced! Though she probably won't get along with Tiger well. Tiger thinks the wonderbolts are just some pegasi that aren't worthy of showing off like they do ovO

But yeah, like Gracie said, what's a Sonic Wind Boom?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Wind Storm

Yes..I'm tentative about the move. I'm gunna delve more to make her an original signature something or other. But a Wind-boom is basically like this:

she has to get really high, and start a free fall/dive while rotating. It becomes a one pony tornado, and when she hits the sonic point the ripples in the tornado/wind extend outward on the waves of the sonic boom.

A bit destructive but...  ovO I like that.

Also: Yes, she's not the obsessive "WONDERBOLTS ARE EVERYTHING" aspiring flyer. She is to busy helping with the weather to get the practice in.
Besides, it's way more fun to play than to practice.  :D

**Also yes, I realized as I was writing her she get's a bit to close to Rainbow Dash territory. So that is a place I plan on editing. Thanks!

Rad Thunder

Oh, and Rad isn't a Dashie fan either. He can even do his own 'Boom' move, the Sonic Thunderboom! B)
But he doesn't practice it anymore since he only did it to prove anything Dash can do, so can he.

Wind Storm

Rad is going to get along with Flash Flood so well. She think's most Pegasus ponies are show offs. Think's her sister is ridiculous for following the Wonderbolt's, and loves putting others in their place.

Rad Thunder

I don't think so. Rad IS a show off, but he only shows off what he can ACTUALLY do. He's no Trixie. :/

Wind Storm

Dawww modesty.  :3
That's such a nice thing to see.

ShadowHeart

Same with Rad, Shadow rly isn't too fond of the Wonderbolts either :P

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Tiger

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Nov 15, 15:36:45
Same with Rad, Shadow rly isn't too fond of the Wonderbolts either :P

And Tiger thinks they're lame. ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

ShadowHeart

lol the wonderbolts are totally getting bashed!

Vertigo

ShadowHeart

Wind Storm

o.O

I'm confused now.

Although, I figure teh Wonderbolts are like...professional sports teams to college students trying to do it.
Like, a dream. XD
Then, reality punches you in the face and.. :P

Go Up