My little Dashie movie?

Started by Vertigo,, 2012 Nov 03, 19:05:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Vertigo,

so i say this
im not sure if they are going to make it or they are just trolling.  :/

Meteor

Trolls don't usually put this much time and work into trolling, so I would say its legitimate. Of course that doesn't mean it will be completed when they plan on it. Plenty of legitimate projects get delayed or never finished. I just hope it is better than that other My Little Dashie movie project. I know it's free so I shouldn't expect professional quality, but with the voice acting in that trailer I would have a hard time watching it. Honestly, I do hope that a very high quality movie is made though, because it is a good story and that would help draw in viewers from outside the core audience. As with all adaptations, there are elements of the written story that would be difficult to properly convey on film, so I hope they take some artistic license and not do a word for word transcription of the story.

Vertigo,

Thank you i promis i just saw another on youtube and was very confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lary

It better be a joke. It's a terribly written fanfic.

Then again, if they managed to publish Fifty Shades of Grey, then I guess even the worst authors can entertain suckers.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Vertigo,

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Nov 03, 22:39:01

Then again, if they managed to publish Fifty Shades of Grey, then I guess even the worst authors can entertain suckers.

You think its a bad story?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Nov 03, 22:39:01

People're saying the writer of Twilight is so great and the best, but she's not entirely that good at all. Granted, the series was... ok. I can't give much input on it, though, considering I stay away from the romance genre and have no interest in it. But my mom kinda pushed me into seeing the first movie, and I took a little look in the books. Honestly, though, not as great as the hype says it is.

P.S. Forks. For Celestia's sake, Forks. Why?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lary

2012 Nov 03, 23:43:18 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 03, 23:45:01 by Lary
Quote from: Vertigo, on 2012 Nov 03, 23:05:16
You think its a bad story?

Last post in this topic, because I know someone's going to come after me if I keep this up.

One of the reasons I tend to cite when explaining why I watch My Little Pony is that it's well-written. Anyone can come up with cheesy tearjerking/d'awww-inducing situations and plots, but employing them well takes skill.

I can't say the same of My Little Dashie. The fact that it's so cheesy AND badly written just makes it impossible for me to let myself take it as a sad story. If I cry at this fanfic, then I have to cry at every godawful tearjerking romantic comedy, every tv soap opera, every godawful 'emotional' death scene in a war movie no matter how forced. Basically anything employing cheap and shameless methods to induce a tear, and frankly I'm not prepared to do that.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 03, 23:38:41
People're saying the writer of Twilight is so great and the best, but she's not entirely that good at all. Granted, the series was... ok. I can't give much input on it, though, considering I stay away from the romance genre and have no interest in it. But my mom kinda pushed me into seeing the first movie, and I took a little look in the books. Honestly, though, not as great as the hype says it is.

P.S. Forks. For Celestia's sake, Forks. Why?

Most fans are blind. Doesn't matter what they're fans of.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

The Wandering Magus

so... when should I report this thread and get it locked up for "controversial topic"?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 05, 11:40:07
so... when should I report this thread and get it locked up for "controversial topic"?

We kind of stopped. o_O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

McSleuthburger

the topic isint really controversial, and people are allowed to have opinions
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Nov 05, 13:03:45
the topic isint really controversial, and people are allowed to have opinions

Indeed. I've seen nothing wrong with it so far.

Even though I've not read the fic (Nor will I, or any other fic), I understand or agree with various things that have been said here.
Purr~

HerpyDooves

I loved the story My Little Dashie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go berserk for a movie that might be a troll.

(Besides, I'm saving all of my excitement for this Saturday :3)

Vertigo

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Nov 05, 15:09:48
I loved the story My Little Dashie, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go berserk for a movie that might be a troll.

You to!?  O:

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Nov 05, 15:28:13
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Nov 05, 15:09:48

You to!?  O:

What, the excitement part?

Meteor

2012 Nov 06, 02:42:31 #14 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 06, 02:53:31 by Meteor
Reasons I can think of for people not liking it: The story is very linear, and parts of it read more like journal entries than a story. Then of course there is the fact that at the end of the story Dashie is supposedly about 20 years old, even though its only been 15 years since she was found at which point she was a tiny filly too young to speak, but everyone knows that writers can't do math so that should not be that big of a deal (and I have seen worse errors in published works). Then there are some people who hate all sad stories by default, but even if you are not one of them, if you are told "This is a really sad story" and then you go into it with the mindset of "Hah, I bet this won't make me cry" Then obviously you won't like it because you spend the entire time thinking about how manly you are instead of actually paying attention to appreciating the story.

My Little Dashie is never going to win any literary medals, but you shouldn't expect that from an unpublished writer. It is, after all, just a fanfiction, however I think the story is very sincere and passionately written from the heart. The ability of the writer to convey his own personal feeling into the story instead of just some fabrication that most stories have is what makes it my favorite pony fanfiction. As I said before though, it would be a mistake to simply take the story as it is and turn it directly into a movie with no alterations.

Go Up