Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

2015 Jul 11, 01:33:50 #6320 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 11, 01:39:46 by Jcfraven
I got my Chromebook set up finally, after spending 24-48+ hours total laboring over the same thing on and off(the Canary Build and Ubuntu). Now I have the following though, leaving me with my evening smile:

Name: HP Chromebook 14
OS: ChromeOS Canary with Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr alongside it
Software: Libreoffice Suite, 7zip, Filezilla, Geany, "Forgot Name"(calculator), Firefox, Chromium, and some other software and extensions.

My evening frown was figuring out Ubuntu 15(Vivid Velvet) wouldn't work, but I'm kind of happy it didn't(my computer is unstable enough already).

Lync Volan

My internet was cut out for 2 days cause of tired wires but now its back :D!

LostSanity

"Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Just finished watching a Let's Play of Dream Drop Distance today, and now I'm caught up on the Kingdom Hearts series and ready for KH3!

Seriously, most of the games are important:
- 1 - Definitely, of course. You can't just skip the first game. You'd be crazy to.
- Chain of Memories - It's easier to understand what in the world went on between 1 and 2, if you get more than just a quick vague summary. Plus, some aspects add to your understanding of the series overall, such as what happened on Riku's side of things. It's also interesting and a bit enlightening to observe the behavior of the Organization members. You'll get what I mean once you're caught up on the series, trust me. Re: Chain of Memories is the best for this, as it has animated voice acted cutscenes.
- 2 - Definitely, of course.
- 358/2 Days - My view on this game has changed from "Probably not that important to the overall story, but so worth it. It has a great story with an emotional ending, and it helps you get to know Roxas and Axel a little better" to "If you skip this game, it's pretty likely that you're gonna have a missing piece in your understanding of what's going on." I watched the theater mode version from KH1.5 Remix. I watched it on Youtube.
- Birth By Sleep - Yes, definitely! This is a prequel that takes place about a decade before KH1, and it's pretty much certain that the story and protagonists of this game will be important in KH3!!
- Dream Drop Distance - YES! It leads up to KH3! There were some important developments with a few of the characters, and so many important things were revealed!!

Dream Drop Distance has left me with quite a few really high hopes for what's gonna happen end-game-wise in KH3. I'm nervous, but at the same time, the sheer magnitude of the hope in my heart outweighs the nervousness and uncertainty!
My hopes:
Spoiler: KH series big spoilers from above listed games • show
- When Sora wakes Ventus, I hope that Roxas will be freed and Xion will exist again. This whole time, I've felt like there is at least some small hope that Roxas will be able to become separate from Sora and be his own person again, but there's no hope for Xion. But then I started wondering why Xion kept being brought up. (Secret Ending in Birth By Sleep Final Mix shows her in a flashback with Roxas and Axel, and Dream Drop Distance has her in the opening music video and has her appear in a dream.) It made me really curious because, well... the way that she faded away in 358/2 Days made it all too easy for them to just act like she didn't exist. "Surely," I thought, "it's impossible for her to come back, so maybe they're doing this because whatever memories of her that're left are precious." But Ansem's speech instantly filled me with hope that it actually is completely possible for her to come back!

- If both Roxas and Xion return, then after evil is defeated, Roxas, Xion, and Lea (formerly known as Axel) better go to the dang beach together, or I'm gonna be mad!! They promised! Roxas still remembered that promise even after he lost all his memories and still didn't get to go to the beach with his new friends! Those three better go to the beach!!

- Save Terra, please. Please. I know we're almost certainly gonna save Aqua and wake Ventus, but please also save Terra.

- Now that Lea has a keyblade, let him play a big important role. That would be great, thanks.

- Considering Kairi has a keyblade and is probably a Guardian of Light, I would very much like for her to finally have a really big important role instead of being stuck on the sidelines again!! For such an important person, she gets so little screen time and doesn't get to be useful!

- Please reveal to us the human forms and names of Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene. Also, more Demyx, please! I love Demyx, and I feel like he never really got enough attention and screen time! Same with Luxord, but I'm kinda playing favorites here for Demyx. Please, Square Enix, gimme some Demyx.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

FINALLY making some headway against horrible RNG luck... since Terraria 1.3 came out a few weeks ago, I've been trying so hard to put a new accessory, the cell phone, together.  Today I finally managed to fish up (almost literally) the last piece of the puzzle and combine all of the parts.  I have so much space in my inventory suddenly, it's kinda shocking.  :o

Julius

See Chishio? I told you! ^-^

Did you also go through Re:Coded? That seems to be the only one you didn't mention!
Purr~

Invultrois

Went out for an evening drive, stunned by the scenery near my home.
Spoiler: show

Lync Volan

This movie made me smile today :D!
I never thought a Batman thing could be so Mysteries!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Jul 13, 09:41:22
See Chishio? I told you! ^-^

Did you also go through Re:Coded? That seems to be the only one you didn't mention!

Nope. I heard Re:Coded wasn't important and didn't have anything to add to the story, though in 3D, there were some mentions that I figure only point to Re:Coded, so I might go through that.

Julius

2015 Jul 14, 01:54:27 #6329 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 14, 13:28:13 by Julius
Stevenbomb 3, episode one: My heart aches, it really does. This will be a great week. :')
Purr~

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Jul 14, 01:54:27
Stevenbomb 3, episode one: My heart aches. It really does. This will be a great week. :')

I'm so upset that I forgot about tonight's episode...but not so upset because it'll be on tomorrow too, along with the next one.  Onwards!  :P

Lync Volan

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jul 14, 02:13:05
I'm so upset that I forgot about tonight's episode...but not so upset because it'll be on tomorrow too, along with the next one.  Onwards!  :P
Is a DVR a rarity or something?

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jul 14, 08:47:30
Is a DVR a rarity or something?

I barely use the tv, I just didn't bother to set a DVR.  We do have it, yes, but I use the computer for pretty much everything else.  Plus I outright forgot about Stevenbomb until yesterday.

Julius

I just watch it online. I started watching SU a couple of weeks ago while everyone was waiting for Stevenbomb so I had no idea how long it'd take for the episode to be up in HD. It took like twenty minutes. lol
Purr~

LostSanity

I've been reading the Spiral manga recently from the beginning.

It makes me wonder if I'll ever watch an anime that is based completely off it's manga adaptation.  :l

Not that I mind... it's got my interest. I like mystery stuff I guess.

:P
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Lync Volan

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudes!
that new episode has got to be my 2nd favorite episode in all of Steven Universe :D!

MarshyMellow

2015 Jul 14, 21:57:18 #6336 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 14, 21:59:52 by MarshyMellow
A picture that I saw on Big Hero 6's Facebook page~ :)

And why didn't I post this the day they posted it? Oh well..

Spoiler:  Here's the image! • show
"Sick! It is just an expression."

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jul 14, 18:37:47
I've been reading the Spiral manga recently from the beginning.

It makes me wonder if I'll ever watch an anime that is based completely off it's manga adaptation.  :l

Not that I mind... it's got my interest. I like mystery stuff I guess.

:P

I know, right?
This is why I tend to watch the anime first, then read the manga if I enjoyed the anime enough or if the anime got cut off.

If I read the manga first, then watch the anime, I'm probably gonna get really annoyed with the anime.
If I watch the anime first, I have no impression of the story from the manga to go on, so I'm a lot more likely to enjoy the anime and still enjoy it after I read the manga. I'll probably just enjoy it a little less. "The anime was pretty good, but the manga is so much better." That kinda thing.

Pipkin

I've been feeling alot more confident in my art recently.  The last few pictures i've done have come out really good and one of them even got on EQD.  It's been over 6 months since the last time that happened!

I did this picture today and I LOVE IT!  I think part of the reason all this art is turning out so well is because i'm reverting to pencil sketching everything and scanning it instead of digital sketching.

Lync Volan

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Jul 15, 00:00:19
I've been feeling alot more confident in my art recently.  The last few pictures i've done have come out really good and one of them even got on EQD.  It's been over 6 months since the last time that happened!

I did this picture today and I LOVE IT!  I think part of the reason all this art is turning out so well is because i'm reverting to pencil sketching everything and scanning it instead of digital sketching.

That picture looks Totally adorable! and yeah it works great for a profile picture O: :D

Go Up