Any Kirby fans on the forums?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Oct 03, 01:01:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MurphyMcFiddle

Ah,kirby air ride...It was so fun to finish it 100%.Well,TRYING,is more the word!Its the closest nintendo got to "Achievement=Reward" that Xbox seems to be using.I'm glad nintendo didn't do any other games like that.Games are completable at nintendo!
ovO
Kirby air ride is the "longest" fun iv'e had.

Flamestriker

Kirby's adorable. I have played Kirby.

I have Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I wasn't very fond of Kirby's Epic Yarn but Return to Dreamland was so fun and I completed everything 100%. Personally, I like sword and wing Kirby the best, and crash is fun to use.  :D
[move][/move]

lurk852

Glad someone mentioned Marx. Such an awesome villain.

I haven't played either Wii Kirby game; I heard they were both on the easy side, which is unfortunate.  :c
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

Return to Dreamland Extra Mode is actually a challenge they cut your life in half, and make the bosses harder to defeat. The downside is you have to beat normal mode for the extra mode.

MurphyMcFiddle

:s I never got that video game logic...Completing the game to unlock the same but harder?I just dont get it...But i really enjoyed the little of return to dreamland i could play!Tough i preferred the GBA era more,the fancy 3Dness litteraly gave me headhaches.

videogamehunter

Not a big fan but I own a couple of games.

Kirby Dreamland (Game Boy)
Kirby Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)

Itty Bit

I'm a pretty big fan of Kirby myself. My personal favorite is Kirby Super Star, probably backed up by the Amazing Mirror. Did any of you guys ever actually play the multiplayer on it before? It's actually tons of fun! ^-^

MurphyMcFiddle

2012 Oct 04, 15:14:06 #27 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 04, 15:16:43 by MurphyMcFiddle
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Oct 04, 13:25:41
I'm a pretty big fan of Kirby myself. My personal favorite is Kirby Super Star, probably backed up by the Amazing Mirror. Did any of you guys ever actually play the multiplayer on it before? It's actually tons of fun! ^-^

I did! :D
When my bro and i bought it the clerk told us theres no point in having this game with just two the of us,so i bought those multiplayer cables and became king of the world for a day at school!Its both crazy and fun to run around on your own and suddenly run into another kirby,then you both go on together!Like in those RPGs,kirby #2 joined you'r party!
Multiplayer  kirby is the best kind of kirby in my opinion!

Itty Bit

Which is why I have wanted to play Return for Dreamland for so long!
But unfortunately I still haven't gotten the chance to play it yet....

lurk852

I don't think anyone has mentioned Canvas Curse yet; that one was way better than I expected, and probably the only recent Kirby game I've 100%'d.

KirbyFluttershy

Kirby Canvas Curse is pretty much challenging to me and it's hard for me to 100% on it. I've only 100%'d on Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure / Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Kirby & The Amazing Mirrors.

As for the abilities, I'd Say Smash ability is better, but when it comes to using it for combat use in kirby's dream collection, it's pretty much tough to use compared to the kirby & the amazing mirrors. When I think about the smash ability making a comeback to Kirby's Dream Collection, my thoughts were telling me that the smash ability in kirby's dream collection was pretty much a test ability and then the next time they release this ability on another kirby game along with Master Hand, probably both ability and the mini-boss will make that comeback.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

lurk852

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2012 Oct 04, 20:53:11
Kirby Canvas Curse is pretty much challenging to me and it's hard for me to 100% on it. I've only 100%'d on Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby 64, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure / Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Kirby Squeak Squad, and Kirby & The Amazing Mirrors.

Yeah, it's challenging to get 100%, but not crazy brutal - a nice balance. Meta Knight in particular is pretty tough to play  >:/

Rissian

I'm going to try and unlock the True Arena on return to dreamland. Seems like it would be fun to mess around with as the Super Star Ultra True Arena was challenging I've only beat it once or twice.  ovO

KirbyFluttershy

I cleared True Arena on Kirby Super Star Ultra, but that was the challenging part. in kirby's return to dreamland's true arena, it's pretty much tough so i used my last resort ability, tornado to do the job. my friend said that tornado ability is one of the broken abilities like you're invulnerable to attacks while you're spinning till you stop.

Darkangel

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 04, 18:37:50
I don't think anyone has mentioned Canvas Curse yet; that one was way better than I expected, and probably the only recent Kirby game I've 100%'d.

I'm playing that game right now, I only need two more worlds to finish. I love how they remixed lots of Kirby 64 music, that is one of my favorite game soundtracks.
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 05, 00:20:10
I'm going to try and unlock the True Arena on return to dreamland. Seems like it would be fun to mess around with as the Super Star Ultra True Arena was challenging I've only beat it once or twice.  ovO

Spoiler: MAJOR SPOILER! • show
It's so awesome that Galacta Knight returned

The way I beat the True Arena?
Leaf ability.
Leaf guard, attack a little, leaf guard, repeat.
Leaf ability is so cheap...
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

MurphyMcFiddle

I think iv'e facehoofed about 17 times after i clicked that spoiler,serves me right... :P
Canvas curse highly surprised me,most Ds games were like the GBA ones,small in size but long to finish.But canvas curse had so much content it was believeable!Usually 2D kirby games have the same recipe;Inhale,attack,repeat.And this game bought a whole new turn that no one was expecting,well,i wasn't.I never completed it and i never finished the story either.It was one of those games that didn't apeal to me,much like epic yarn...I regret it now that i have lost the game card. :c

KirbyFluttershy

Leaf Ability isn't that cheap. As I used the ability in The normal (or Regular) Arena, it doesn't do much damage. the cheapest abilities i know for normal arena are Ninja, Hammer, and Tornado.

Darkangel

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2012 Oct 05, 08:49:18
Leaf Ability isn't that cheap. As I used the ability in The normal (or Regular) Arena, it doesn't do much damage. the cheapest abilities i know for normal arena are Ninja, Hammer, and Tornado.

You haven't used leaf guard, have ya? It guards ANYTHING. Really, ANYTHING. Even that giant robots((forgot the name of that robot)) lazer. The only thing it can't stop is:
Spoiler: MAJOR FINAL BOSS SPOILER • show
Magolor's void.

The robot reminds me, I wish that they released the planned Kirby game for GameCube. It looks as good as Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Rissian

Some people say return to dreamland is that game, but massively changed. not sure how accurate that is but it seems to fit since both were 4 players.

KirbyFluttershy

it's not even that fun when you're playing solo, but when it comes to desperate mesaures, co-op is probably only way to get through the game. for me, i did co-op on extra mode in kirby's return to dreamland due to half health and more health on bosses. 4 players is more fun to play the game, but my friend said that he wanted the game to be more of a online wi-fi game for 4 players.

Go Up