Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Judas

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 23, 08:40:08
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Sep 23, 03:50:19
I feel kind of bad because there isn't much to do in game. Probably the most eventful thing to do is fly around, see the places, and play my one minigame that's in it so far :\.

I have a bad feeling people will log in with high expectations and realize how far we still have yet to go. Of course, I could be completely wrong all the same.

Yes, so have I. Therefore people have to realize it's a stress test and it's a pre-alpha.

The Road to Alpha still say whats not implemented yet.

Make a Limbo-Challenge at the entrance of your stand.
With a sign that says "YOUR EXPECTATIONS MUST BE THIS LOW TO PLAY".
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

CyanideInsanity

In regards to too high of expectations, its inevitable. Though for a lot of us, it'll be like seeing a tech demo for a future console, you won't see the glory of the final product, but you do see just how much potential it can have. Either way, there's still going to be  lots of happiness from this.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Xeno Aura

At the moment I'm just viewing it as a glorified version of the IRC, and I'm OK with that. :D

Book Smarts

I feel kind of bad because there isn't much to do in game. Probably the most eventful thing to do is fly around, see the places, and play my one minigame that's in it so far :\.

I have a bad feeling people will log in with high expectations and realize how far we still have yet to go. Of course, I could be completely wrong all the same.

Pinkies Hyperactive Chat only had one hair style and one model and it was successful, everypony will find a pre alpha LoE fun  :D

Vertigo

Yes that is true but just exploring and talking to our friend in LoE and so far this game is only like happy way and it already is about 40% cooler than other games just feeling like you a pony liveing in equstria is good

Lorelai

Just being able to talk/hang out with other forum members is going to be pretty awesome, I'm sure we'll find lots of stuff to do.

Tin

oh my god!!! oh man my day has been double made now <333

i am so happy

TheGreatandPowerfulTrixie

The Great and Powerful Trixie approves this greatly! :D
I am the Great and Powerful Trixie!!!-Trixie

Ründo

the shall be so much chatter going on this weekend.  I wonder if that's what will cause the server to crash the most?

but yeah I'm going to be amusing my self as well. I wonder if there's going to be a limit on the number of characters we can create for this test?
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

LollipopFilly

Question.

Where on the site is the download link?

Btw, I cant wait! Hugs for you!  ;) ;) :D :D :D

Xeno Aura

I'm guessing the download link will be provided when the test starts.

Ründo

wait, wouldn't the server be bogged down with download requests if they released it on the same day? or do they have a separate server for that?
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Xeno Aura

Unlikely the game and website run on the same server.

Most webhosts don't offer game server hosting, that is, even if they're paying for a server hoster, a member of staff may have a computer that can host it, I don't know.

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: LollipopFilly on 2012 Sep 23, 12:38:36
Question.

Where on the site is the download link?

I'll assume they'd post it here
http://www.legendsofequestria.com/content/download

Quote from: Ründo on 2012 Sep 23, 12:47:09
wait, wouldn't the server be bogged down with download requests if they released it on the same day? or do they have a separate server for that?

I think they are considering that part of the stress test, idk

Book Smarts

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Sep 23, 12:48:46
Unlikely the game and website run on the same server.

Most webhosts don't offer game server hosting, that is, even if they're paying for a server hoster, a member of staff may have a computer that can host it, I don't know.

They could be renting servers from Amazon, that's just a guess from me

LollipopFilly

Laptop, It's not on there..

Xeno Aura

The download won't be available yet, as I said it probably won't be available until closer to the test.

BlackVortex

This.... YES!!!!

Sorry for caps but I think it was called for.
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: LollipopFilly on 2012 Sep 23, 13:22:31
Laptop, It's not on there..

What Xeno said, they'll probably put a link to the download on the Friday at some point when they start the test.
I just posted where the link will likely be.

Artaelian

Looking forward to this, should be good  :D
Pre-Alpha test characters:
Fireshot (unicorn), Sunshine Blaze (pegasus)

Go Up