A interesting take on Alicorns.

Started by Rissian, 2013 Sep 03, 22:12:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

So far I've found his interesting theory on Youtube. I think it fits pretty well It's also interesting to think about.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Tiger

That's interesting, and it's kind of the conclusion most of us have drawn to. Becoming an alicorn being something one has to achieve.

Still, there's a big question mark about Celestia and Luna. If the writers have stated that Twilight (and, indirectly, Cadance) will not outlive her friends, why then would Celestia and Luna be able to live for thousands of years?

I'd like to hereby state that they're aliens ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rissian

I also have a theory that Unicorns outlive the other races due to how much magic that may be in their body. And being an Alicorn would mean you have that magic as well. I don't think the show has ever shown old Unicorns other than Starswirl the bearded. And another theory I have is that ponies in general live a pretty long time.

Interesting enough The Apple Family reunion happens every 100 moons according to Granny Smith which is 8 years so it kinda gives us an age example of her. Unless she just meant it's been 8 years since the last reunion.

narwhaliagames

my theory is they just stop aging at a certain age
ay i'm no longer using this site

z3nith

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Sep 10, 19:13:34
Interesting enough The Apple Family reunion happens every 100 moons according to Granny Smith which is 8 years so it kinda gives us an age example of her. Unless she just meant it's been 8 years since the last reunion.

That makes no sense since the last reunion was in the very first episode.
"Floating down / as colors fill the light / We look up from the ground / in fields of paperwhite / And floating up / you pass us in the night / A future gazing out / a past to overwrite  / So come down / far below / We've been waiting to collect the things you know"

Rissian

Then they done goofed, in Season 3's Reunion.

Every moon is considered a full moons cycle.

100 moons = 100 full moon phases. Unless Granny Smith meant days and not literally full moon cycles but then again this also can start a discussion on how the moon cycles are handled in MLP and so on and would get crazy and complicated.

It also never said that it was a reunion in episode 1 they could have just been there on vacation because of the summer sun celebration.

ArtVeigar

Like Trege said, we don't really know how many days the moon takes to complete a cicle. And second, we actually don't know how much time passed since the first episode. We don't have a single reference about time passage, and the episodes aren't even in chronological order.

In other words, using "moons" to refer to time passage actually only state that time passed.

WolvesAndDragons

Wait a moment....Prismia has a powerful necklace?  :/

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The Alicorn Amulet of course!

ArtVeigar

I don't know who Prismia is and I don't want to until the right time. So, if it's anything season 4 related, please, use spoiler tags.

Rissian

It's not a season 4 spoiler it's info from a storybook that the original video at the top talks about.

ArtVeigar

Oh, right! Sorry, my bad. I forgot the witch's name was Prismia. So, in reply to WolvesAndDragons, it was actually said in the book:
Spoiler: show
The necklace was a heart-shaped one with the power to amplify emotions. Prismia was jealous, and the necklace made her even more. But it also amplified Cadence's love powers, making her able to convert Prismia into a good pony. After that, Cadence became the new owner of the necklace.

dynamite

Got to remember Faust's intentions was to make Luna and Celestia the only alicorns.

Go Up