Alicorn Princess, Twilight Sparkle

Started by DotWaffler, 2013 Jul 11, 17:35:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DotWaffler

Okay, if everypony remembers the season 3 finale; Twilight became a princess and got wings. My question is... WHERE WILL SHE LIVE? Will she continue to live in Ponyville, or is it that she's become a princess that she will live in Canterlot and visit her friends? Ugh, I just hope the writing and development team doesn't screw something up.
~DotWaffler

PrincessMorningStar

I think she would, I mean it's where her friends live, and she is more useful there then anywhere else. Watching over the other ponies, and reporting to Princess Celestia.
A Princess does not only rule, but she also serves the Ponies of Equestria.

Sapphirethunder

Your question is actually partially answered in the Equestria Girls movie. And it will be finally answered in the Season 4.

Asterian Starfall

There was a long tweet that went out about a week after the end of season three confirming that Princess Twilight Sparkle will continue to reside in Ponyville... However, I seem to have lost the link, trying to find it.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Mooncookie

X3 There's no need for Twilight to reside in Canterlot since Celestia is already its ruler. Unless another kingdom comes on the market (like Crystal Empire) with a vacancy for a new resident princess, Twilight would no doubt remain in Ponyville where she belongs, so she can continue to learn from and inspire her friends  ^-^. If friendship is magic, I can't imagine Celestia taking Twilight away from it, and it wouldn't be very friendly to uproot Twilight and expect all her friends to leave their homes as well   DD: to go live with her someplace else  :'(.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Mooncookie on 2013 Jul 12, 04:50:16
X3 There's no need for Twilight to reside in Canterlot since Celestia is already its ruler. Unless another kingdom comes on the market (like Crystal Empire) with a vacancy for a new resident princess, Twilight would no doubt remain in Ponyville where she belongs, so she can continue to learn from and inspire her friends  ^-^. If friendship is magic, I can't imagine Celestia taking Twilight away from it, and it wouldn't be very friendly to uproot Twilight and expect all her friends to leave their homes as well   DD: to go live with her someplace else  :'(.

But we must remember some of this friends will end up living at different places, due to their dreams. Rainbow will live in the Wonderbolt's quarter and Rarity at Canterlot, while Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Applejack are already where they belong. We still don't know what will happen to Twilight, if she will reside in Ponyville forever, or if she will have some part of Equestria or even another kingdom to rule.

TYRANT ALEX

i dont know man, a friend told me that TS was the princess of Ponyville so shes going to stay there, XD jajjaa I know is funny to think that Ponyville needs a princess but, I prefer thinking that way that the horror of having the mane 6 alone :(

Bijen

Could not find the tweet where it was announced that Twilight will stay in Ponyville but I Found this interview:

http://www.themarysue.com/tara-strong-interview/

QuoteTMS: To the current news, [SPOILER ALERT] fandom is reacting strongly to Twilight Sparkle becoming a Princess very soon. We don't think there's anything wrong with being a Princess, but we do see them a lot in children's shows and movies. Will Twilight be a stereotypical Princess or something more?

Strong: Well the good news is, Twilight is going to stay Twilight. She is overwhelmed and surprised and grateful for this new phase in her life but it's not going to change how she is or how she interacts with her friends, she's staying in Ponyville. I'm certainly not changing any of my performance and it's really the same Twilight except she can do more stuff now. She can fly...it's not going to change the overall feel of the show, she's going to be with the Mane 6. It's just Twilight but a little bit better, she can do more stuff! But overall, it's not really going to change that much. I think that's what everybody's afraid of, that it's going to change sort of that core element that everyone fell in love with these six characters and that's not going to change at all. I'm not changing a thing about my performance.

Aelios

Its pretty obvious she is going to live in Fillydelphia  x3

Applestack

She'll still live in Ponyville, obviously, because that's where she's needed. So what if she becomes an alicorn? Twilight Sparkle is still Twilight Sparkle to her TRUE FANS and REAL FRIENDS. A person who throws away his/her love on a person or character just because of changes is NOT worthy of becoming a true friend or fan. Everything changes, nothing stays the same. The only thing that stays the same is CHANGE itself.

And Tyrant, Ponyville is within The Kingdom of Equestria's rule and not it's own kingdom or country. Speaking of which, since the Crystal Empire is now ruled by Prince Shining Armour and Princess Cadence, does it make the empire become part of The Kingdom of Equestria or is it still it's own empire?
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

Aelios

I think the crystal empire is part of northern Equestria... as mentioned by the guard at the start of the episode

Applestack

That sounds weird, Aelios. How can an "empire" be part of a "kingdom"? Empires and kingdoms are their own countries. Equestria is a country and a kingdom.
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

Aelios

It's still called the crystal empire which is why i was referring to it as such. What was i going to say? The crystal? I think the 'Crystal empire' is just a name and it is actually part of the kingdom of Equestria. or it's just a flaw in the show... idk

Shadow Blitz

I have a question:  Is Twilight gonna be taller and more slender?  I mean, she pretty much has the same body as Cadance did when Cadance was foalsitting her, and now Cadance is more princess-like because she is taller and more slender.

Will that happen to Twilight?  :I

impeccably*

ArtVeigar

I really doubt they'll make any other change to her appearance than putting wings on her. But it's really food for thought, knowing that Cadence was a normal pony once, and now she has all the physical characteristics of an alicorn besides wings and horn.

Reagal Packard

2013 Aug 17, 13:37:13 #15 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 18, 11:33:15 by Book Smarts
She'll still live in Ponyville because we all know that she wont leave her friends. :]

Please watch the amount of emotes per post

Cococat

i think she will stay in pony villa with her friends since the show is called "my little pony friend ship is magic"

Go Up