A Rad eye on the upcoming episodes. ((SPOILERS))

Started by Rad Thunder, 2012 Nov 10, 12:20:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rad Thunder

It could happen. If I really wanted to push it, I could say:

Spoiler: show
Sombra could make other plots in episodes like:
- He's behind Applebloom's cousin being a bully
- He's another cause of Scootaloo's insomnia
- He comes back in form as an antagonist in the Wonderbolt Academy

^I know it's a stretch, but as the Hub's new slogan says, It could happen. :]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 14, 21:22:03
I saw all this on MLB (why I still go there is beyond me) and here's a little opinion of my own. More hope then fact, but:

I agree with the rumor that Sombra might be involved with Trixie's newfound power, and if that's so. where else could this power show up at? This could mean Sombra will be a RECURRING villain for this season. Maybe he's the trigger that brings back Discord? Who knows?  This could also answer why he wasn't as included in the premiere. Rather then give him mounds of airtime in the first two episodes, they're spanning him throughout the season.

Anyone else got a better argument?

Yes yes yes, that's what I was thinking! :D I hope we're right! I really, really do. It could explain why season 3 is only 13 episodes long, or at least make up for the short season. It'll be so awesome. :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

Wait, Trixie banishes Twilight!? Surely Celestia would disallow that!

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 15, 08:07:03
Wait, Trixie banishes Twilight!? Surely Celestia would disallow that!

Apparently she can, and don't call me Surely.

The Wandering Magus

Most powerful, OP, integral unicorn in Equestria, Favorite Student of the Goddess of the Sun, Bearer of Magic itself, Defender of Equestria FOUR times, Conquerer of Ursae?

Banish her! ovO
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Dawnstar

Too Many Pinkie Pies - This episode sounds both awesome and terrifying at the same time.

One Bad Apple/Sleepless in Ponyville - It's nice to see them doing some more focused CMC episodes. I wonder how much backstory we'll get on Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

Spoiler: Magic Duel - • show
Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of this one yet, but I can really only think of two ways for Trixie to actually beat Twilight. One is that she manages to pull a bunch of cheap-shot tricks that keep Twilight off her game which wouldn't be much of a stretch. Or she does manage to get a hold of some of Sombra's power or something of similar strength (he may not have done much during the episode, but he was the only villain so far that managed to render Twilight completely incapable of saving the day).

Wonderbolt Academy - Obviously going to involve Rainbow Dash a lot. I'm just wondering if she's actually been accepted into them finally or if it's just going to be a more in depth look at the Wonderbolts.

Not sure sure what to think about her getting a coltfriend though as the only way I can see anything like that working is if she mellows out a little. Otherwise I only see it being somepony who's too mellow to make a noticeable impact in her life, or someone who's just as gung-ho as she is in which case I call a 'candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long' on it.

Apple Family Reunion - As with One Bad Apple, more Apple Family back story is welcome. It is a big family after all and there's a lot of potential stories there.

Spike at your Service - honestly, I don't mind having a spike-themed episode this close to his big role in the season premiere. Especially when you consider that the six got very important roles in the other premieres/finales as well as episodes focused more on them.

Going off the title though this sounds like it may be an episode that focuses on how much spike actually does for the ponies, and if it is that then I see the possibility of them taking him for granted during the episode.

Celestia and Luna Backstory/Origin - I've been wanting to know how the transition between unicorns collectively raising the sun/moon and only a pair of ponies actually happened. Plus, there's a possibility of seeing just what went wrong to cause Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon.

Dischord Returns - This can only mean more chaos. Sounds like this one hasn't been quite confirmed yet though, but I hope it is.

Rad Thunder

I just realized something about Apple Family Reunion. That would mean, canon-wise, that a full year has passed in Equestria, right? :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 15, 11:51:43
I just realized something about Apple Family Reunion. That would mean, canon-wise, that a full year has passed in Equestria, right? :P

O: You're right! A full year since the season 1 premiere!

Rad Thunder

Think about that:

Nightmare Moon's return,
Discord's return,
The Royal Wedding,
AND Return of the Crystal Empire.

^All of this happened in the course of a single year. :o

The Wandering Magus

just realized- horn lock spell.  cheap, but effective way to win.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 15, 13:45:15
Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 15, 11:51:43

O: You're right! A full year since the season 1 premiere!
they've had HOW many major disasters in a single year... lol
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Rissian

I actually can't wait to see the reunion, it will be cool to see the rest of the apple family I wonder what's going to happen in that episode during the reunion hopefully some comical stuff.  :D

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 15, 14:58:36
I actually can't wait to see the reunion, it will be cool to see the rest of the apple family I wonder what's going to happen in that episode during the reunion hopefully some comical stuff.  :D
I like a mix of comedy with drama, maybe we'll see both.

Rad Thunder

Thought I'd comment on the new ep here now that it's been out for a couple days.

QuoteToo Many Pinkie Pies
Overwhelmed with making the difficult decision to choose just one friend to spend time with, Pinkie Pie avoids making the choice by using a magic mirror pond to clone herself. Her plan goes awry when she cannot keep track of all the duplicates.

This, is fan service at its highest. Pinkie Pie is loved for her off the wall antics, and this has got to top them all. If breaking reality and the fourth wall is fun with one Pinkie, imagine hundreds! ovO We saw clips of this during the premiere with Pinkie's everywhere, and although Pinkie Pie isn't my favorite, I know I'll enjoy this one.

Guess I was right. This was a comical episode in many ways. You saw all kinds of crazy things from the Pinkies. If you looked hard enough, you saw not only Pinkie reenacting her 'evil enchantress' dance from Season 1, but another performing 'Carameldansen' (Or however its spelled). One of the biggest shockers for me was when one of the clones actually did the G3 face in the episode! I thought it was just for the promo, but seeing it made me lose it!
Overall, a fun episode. Had flaws of course on who the real Pinkie was, cause it was obvious... But still fun.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 19, 10:18:29
Thought I'd comment on the new ep here now that it's been out for a couple days.

Overwhelmed with making the difficult decision to choose just one friend to spend time with, Pinkie Pie avoids making the choice by using a magic mirror pond to clone herself. Her plan goes awry when she cannot keep track of all the duplicates.

This, is fan service at its highest. Pinkie Pie is loved for her off the wall antics, and this has got to top them all. If breaking reality and the fourth wall is fun with one Pinkie, imagine hundreds! ovO We saw clips of this during the premiere with Pinkie's everywhere, and although Pinkie Pie isn't my favorite, I know I'll enjoy this one.

Guess I was right. This was a comical episode in many ways. You saw all kinds of crazy things from the Pinkies. If you looked hard enough, you saw not only Pinkie reenacting her 'evil enchantress' dance from Season 1, but another performing 'Carameldansen' (Or however its spelled). One of the biggest shockers for me was when one of the clones actually did the G3 face in the episode! I thought it was just for the promo, but seeing it made me lose it!
Overall, a fun episode. Had flaws of course on who the real Pinkie was, cause it was obvious... But still fun.

I think it was obvious so we wouldn't end up worrying about whether or not the only Pinkie left was the real Pinkie.

The Wandering Magus

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the next epsiode though, judging from the description...

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 19, 10:39:50
Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 19, 10:18:29

I think it was obvious so we wouldn't end up worrying about whether or not the only Pinkie left was the real Pinkie.

Hasbro didn't want to have the grim dark fan ficts  :]

Rad Thunder

I updated the info on Magic Duel, but my thoughts on it stay the same.

But for now, I wanna look in on what could be the lessons of friendship the ponies will learn in the upcoming episodes:

One Bad Apple
Bullies are people ponies too, and you should try and get past their mean image and find the good pony underneath.
Babs is Apple Bloom's cousin after all, so something changed her. Maybe after she gets what's coming to her, the CMC can find out what it is and fix it.

Magic Duel
Cheaters never prosper.
Obvious one here. We know Trixie's gonna do something underhanded to win, most likely involving her new necklace. But Twilight will find a way to beat her.

Sleepless in Ponyville
There's no such thing as monsters.
This is the best I can think of. There's no other real info on this one yet, I'm sure to change it when more comes out.

And I won't try the others until I learn what the actual plots of them are about.

ShadowHeart

Here is a pic of Babs Seed for the upcoming episode!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/one-bad-apple-screenshot-posted-on.html
looks like we'll see more Silver Spoon too. We didn't see her in Ponyville Confidential.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Rad Thunder

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Nov 21, 07:55:21
looks like we'll see more Silver Spoon too. We didn't see her in Ponyville Confidential.

So my guess is that those two [bleeps] did something to corrupt her. Go fig.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 21, 10:12:02
Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Nov 21, 07:55:21

So my guess is that those two [bleeps] did something to corrupt her. Go fig.

maybe she thinks being a bully is her "special talent" :P or she just wants to be with the "in" crowd, namely the spoiled brats

Go Up