A Rad eye on the upcoming episodes. ((SPOILERS))

Started by Rad Thunder, 2012 Nov 10, 12:20:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rad Thunder

2012 Nov 10, 12:20:02 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 28, 09:42:11 by Rad Thunder
After an epic season premiere, we're now ready to see what the rest of the Season will be like. We got 11 episodes left this season, so I thought I'd put my 2 bits in on how the season will shape up. Keep in mind, I'm taking my info from Wikipedia and is most likely full of errors. But nonetheless, here goes nothing!

Too Many Pinkie Pies
Spoiler: show
Overwhelmed with making the difficult decision to choose just one friend to spend time with, Pinkie Pie avoids making the choice by using a magic mirror pond to clone herself. Her plan goes awry when she cannot keep track of all the duplicates.

This, is fan service at its highest. Pinkie Pie is loved for her off the wall antics, and this has got to top them all. If breaking reality and the fourth wall is fun with one Pinkie, imagine hundreds! ovO We saw clips of this during the premiere with Pinkie's everywhere, and although Pinkie Pie isn't my favorite, I know I'll enjoy this one.

One Bad Apple
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are crushed when Apple Bloom's cousin, Babs Seed, rejects their invitation to become a fellow Crusader and instead becomes a bully determined to make their lives miserable.

One of two CMC episodes, and this one has an emphasis on Apple Bloom. We don't see much of the Apple family, and I think this and another upcoming Apple themed episode is welcome for any AJ fans (like me :]). Unfortunately, I hate bully episodes, which is why I tend to shy away from Griffin the Brush Off in Season 1. I'll just keep an eye to see Babs get her just desserts. :P

Magic Duel
When Trixie makes her way back to Ponyville, as "Great and Powerful" as ever, she decides to prove her might once and for all by challenging and defeating Twilight Sparkle in a duel of magic, causing the latter pony to be exiled from the town.

Are you kidding me?! We saw Twilight turn reality upside down during the premiere (literally), and this happens to her?! >:( Then again, this could be as false as any of the info on Wiki, since they're no source for it I saw. But if it's the real deal, then I gotta see it. Not for Trixie of course... >:/

Sleepless in Ponyville
Over a campfire, Rainbow Dash decides to share some imaginative and spooky tales, causing Scootaloo to have frightening, vivid nightmares; Scootaloo wants to get rid of her nightmares but doesn't want the others to think she is spineless.

The other CMC episode of the season (so far). And somepony's prayers are answered! Scootaloo finally gets her own episode! Big fan of Scoots myself, and not just for the memes...okay, mainly for the memes. With how well the first CMC episode went, this should be good as well I hope..

Wonderbolt Academy
Rainbow Dash can't believe her luck when she gets an exclusive invitation to enroll at the Wonderbolt Academy, but soon she is wondering whether she is really cut out for the school and whether someone else would be a better fit.

Obviously a Rainbow Dash episode. The description sounds dumb considering Dashie's attitude. If anypony saw the premiere, there was a small teaser of Dashie in a race with another pegasus. Also there was a rumor floating around of Dash getting a coltfriend this season. Could it happen here?

Apple Family Reunion
When Applejack is granted permission by Granny Smith to organize the upcoming Apple Family Reunion, she is thrilled at the opportunity but she soon loses focus of the important things in her haste to put together extravagant activities.

If we survive the Mayan apocalypse, this will be one for me to see. We only ever saw a small glimpse of AJ's entire family, hopefully we get to see and hear more here. I'm surprised this is the set up, considering I thought she'd know about what the plot suggests. Since Applejack's my second fav, I gotta see how this turns out.

Spike at Your Service
Just as Spike is about to be gobbled up by hungry Timberwolves, he is saved by Applejack; Spike feels the need to repay Applejack and is soon offering a little too much assistance on the farm in order to fulfill the "Noble Dragon Code.

It seems this season has a focus on a certain pony... But this is more about Spike. I've seen this type of plot used in almost every cartoon ever, and it always ends comically. Hopefully Spikey knows what he's getting into...

Keep Calm and Flutter On
Princess Celestia tasks the ponies with reforming Discord, a mischievous spirit of disharmony, but Fluttershy is the only one who is willing to give him a chance.

Fluttershy episode! *squee* And here we see why they brought back a certain actor... :P I know I've flopped several times on fav episodes, but this one may be my new favorite, and I haven't seen it yet! Not only do I want to see if the mane 6 can actually pull this off, but to see Flutters in action! :D

Just For Sidekicks
Spike finds himself in over his head after convincing Twilight and her friends to let him pet-sit all of their critters in exchange for a few gems.

Another one with him? I think I said before, I'm not a big fan, but this episode is making me think this whole season is about secondary characters in a way, aside from Applejack. I don't know what to think actually, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Again, this is all just my opinion on what I read so far. There's still alot to come, and many rumors to debunk or confirm. Feel free to shoot down my opinions or add your own. :P

Vertigo,

I really dout the coltfriend part she is too cool for any colt  lol

Rad Thunder

Or any mare.
I said it was only a rumor. There's plenty floating around. The biggest ones I heard was Discord's return and a Celestia/Luna origin story.

Vertigo,

It would be cool if she had a colt friend.
This is my origanal opinyin (i am so sorry i cant spell) but i think the pony with the yellow hair in the wonderbolt thing might be her sister.

Book Smarts

Very informative, can't wait to see the rest of this season  ^-^

Rad Thunder

Again, don't quote me on alot of this. It IS from Wikipedia after all. lol

videogamehunter

I'm looking forward for that Pinkie Pie episode.

skylint22

QuoteI said it was only a rumor. There's plenty floating around. The biggest ones I heard was Discord's return and a Celestia/Luna origin story.

The hub already confirmed a luna/celestia origin episode. And i think they said theyre might be another discord one

applesing

Oh yes, I can't wait for "One bad apple" well the reason is that I usually like CMC episodes, but you got a point there with bully episodes.
They are eating her, and then they are going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

~Durpy

QuoteAlso there was a rumor floating around of Dashie getting a coltfriend this season. Could it happen here?

Oh lawdy...
>inb4 people get overprotective, because Dashie is their waifu. lol

And Scootaloo Ep? Now we can know where she lives ovO
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

Rad Thunder

Quote from: ~Durpy on 2012 Nov 13, 14:44:25
Oh lawdy...

Not me. Flutters is my waifu. :3
But I digress.

BronyTimelord

Quote from: ~Durpy on 2012 Nov 13, 14:44:25
QuoteAlso there was a rumor floating around of Dashie getting a coltfriend this season. Could it happen here?

Oh lawdy...

And Scootaloo Ep? Now we can know where she lives ovO

We already know where she lives, in fluttershys chicken coop

Book Smarts

Still wondering if I can take multiple Pinkie Pies this weekend  O:

applesing

Too much Pinkie Pie for only one weekend  ovO
They are eating her, and then they are going to eat me! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

Chishio Kunrin

You probably shouldn't have said
"Trixie beats Twilight?!"

outside of spoiler tags.

I didn't read inside of the spoilers because I don't want details, just hints of what I get to look forward to. That one little thing outside of spoiler tags was a little too detailed for me, if it's true, especially since it reveals kind of a plot twist or major plot point.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rad Thunder

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 14, 13:42:26 #16 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 14, 14:39:27 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 14, 09:36:50
Err...I can fix that. :I
And I did.

It's ok. X3 And thanks.
We all make mistakes.

[Edit]:
I think I figured it out. Trixie actually might beat Twilight in the duel.
[spoiler]There was concept art shown on EQD once of season 3 Trixie, and she was wearing a mysterious-looking amulet. Some people guessed it could have something to do with Sombra. Looks like it's just gonna give Trixie the power to duel Twilight. Now the only question is where she got it from, what any side-effects are, and if it really does have anything remotely to do with Sombra.

If that was in the spoiler you put in the first post, then it was pointless for me to say that, and I somehow figured it out. X3[/spoiler]

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 14, 13:42:26
Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 14, 09:36:50
Err...I can fix that. :I
And I did.

It's ok. X3 And thanks.
We all make mistakes.

[Edit]:
I think I figured it out. Trixie actually might beat Twilight in the duel.
[spoiler]There was concept art shown on EQD once of season 3 Trixie, and she was wearing a mysterious-looking amulet. Some people guessed it could have something to do with Sombra. Looks like it's just gonna give Trixie the power to duel Twilight. Now the only question is where she got it from, what any side-effects are, and if it really does have anything remotely to do with Sombra.

If that was in the spoiler you put in the first post, then it was pointless for me to say that, and I somehow figured it out. X3[/spoiler]
if you notice in Sombra's "death" scene, a fragment of his horn goes flying towards the camera... maybe that fragment has a connection with the amulet, the amulet being "crystal" anyhow?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rad Thunder

I saw all this on MLB (why I still go there is beyond me) and here's a little opinion of my own. More hope then fact, but:

I agree with the rumor that Sombra might be involved with Trixie's newfound power, and if that's so. where else could this power show up at? This could mean Sombra will be a RECURRING villain for this season. Maybe he's the trigger that brings back Discord? Who knows?  This could also answer why he wasn't as included in the premiere. Rather then give him mounds of airtime in the first two episodes, they're spanning him throughout the season.

Anyone else got a better argument?

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 14, 21:22:03
I saw all this on MLB (why I still go there is beyond me) and here's a little opinion of my own. More hope then fact, but:

I agree with the rumor that Sombra might be involved with Trixie's newfound power, and if that's so. where else could this power show up at? This could mean Sombra will be a RECURRING villain for this season. Maybe he's the trigger that brings back Discord? Who knows?  This could also answer why he wasn't as included in the premiere. Rather then give him mounds of airtime in the first two episodes, they're spanning him throughout the season.

Anyone else got a better argument?
maybe, maybe!  ovO  or maybe they just forgot :P
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up