Battler

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Aug 02, 09:57:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

There's a script for MSN called Battler, and my friends and I used to use it a lot, but I don't have it anymore and can't seem to get it. I'm putting this in Video Games because basically, the script is a game like Pokemon, only you get to choose anything. Anything.

First, both people have to have Battler active. Someone types "ichal" or "I challenge you" and the script activates and says who goes first.
The player can type "I choose you" for it to pick a random pokemon, or type any pokemon name or random thing, and their pokemon will be named that. So you could battle with anything, even a chair.

The script assigns your thing a random amount of HP and a random type, if you chose something other than an actual pokemon. And you can make up attacks, and heal your pokemon. So, you could have Chair use Splinter or something!

Man, I miss Battler. I wonder if there's anything like it somewhere else, maybe something that doesn't require me to use MSN to play it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

I think I managed to find it with a google search it's part of windows live messenger plus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_Plus!

It requires MSN and MSN + to be installed and the battler script is on MSN+'s website. (At least the info I found says it is I'd have to check.)

I may actually install this myself it sounds fun.

(Wikipedia has the link to MSN+ in the external links section.)

Chishio Kunrin

Oh. I have Messenger Plus. o_O I really haven't taken a look at all of its features, though. I just like the / commands (I now log off simply by typing and entering /signout) and the gradient text (my screen name is a gradient of red and black).

Rissian

I'm pretty sure you have to download the battler script separately from the MSN+ site. I'm currently installing MSN and MSN+.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, I figured. Okie doke, then. Guess we'll try to find it and get it to work.

Rissian

I found the battler script and got it installed and running, you just have to run this after MSN and MSN+ are installed and running.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/13416/

Go Up