Create-Your-Own Levels

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Jul 19, 12:59:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I think more video games need the option to create your own multiplayer levels. It's so fun, y'know? And it can shake things up, instead of having to play the same ol' official levels over and over.

How many games have create-your-own levels, anyway? I think Portal 2 now has a thing that lets you create test chambers for other people to play. A lot of skateboarding games let you create your own parks.

I made a checker board of death skate park once in a Tony Hawk game. =P It was kind of a checkers board with squares of grass and pits that contained lava or spikes. I made it specifically for the multiplayer games that involved kind of tagging each other. It was challenging because you had to keep jumping around and try not to fall in a pit.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zygrograxgra

Personally, I think this is mandatory for any game with competitive multiplayer and/or survival style and/or puzzles

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Skyrim has full modding capabilities which means you can technically create your own levels  :D

Sea Foam

This reminds me of this editing program for Super Mario World called Lunar Magic.
The things some people do with this program are incredible. Look up Brutal Mario if you care enough and you'll see what I mean.

The program's very easy to pick up and use and doesn't get too difficult unless you really want to get into it, I used to do a bit with it, but it's been a while.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 19, 20:13:06
This reminds me of this editing program for Super Mario World called Lunar Magic.
The things some people do with this program are incredible. Look up Brutal Mario if you care enough and you'll see what I mean.

The program's very easy to pick up and use and doesn't get too difficult unless you really want to get into it, I used to do a bit with it, but it's been a while.

Ah, Brutal (or rather Kaizo) Mario... I tried playing through that with constant savestate abuse once, and didn't quite get to the end. Good times.

Speaking of difficult platformers, doesn't Super Meat Boy have a level editor too?
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

videogamehunter

Excitebike on NES has a create your own track. That was always fun.

Lord of Madness

Everquest 2 lets you make your own dungeons o 3o

CyanideInsanity

Something like timesplitters' map maker plus halo's forge is what I'd like to see. An easy and simple map creation for us allowing rooms/hallways to be placed and items to be placed as well. Though that wouldn't directly work for outside maps.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Book Smarts

Why hasn't Valve created a TF2 map workshop in Steam?

Ozzy

One of my alltime favourite game series, Timesplitters, had a 'Mapmaker' feature where you made not just levels but specific objectives and game logic for each level, it was pretty awesome for its time

Go Up