Dwarf Fortress: My Little Fortress : Fanon is Magic

Started by Thunder Heart, 2012 Jun 07, 16:06:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thunder Heart

2012 Jun 07, 16:06:05 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 07, 16:23:04 by Thunder Heart
So, I've loved DF for a long while now.
I'm still adjusting to the finer points of the interface, but I can create sufficient fortresses.

Anyway, I stumbled across this awesome mod that enables your settlement to be ponies.
A mix of unicorns, earth ponies and pegasi; Alicorns are frighteningly rare but they can occur.
Apple bucking, booze removed in favor for celery juice, apple cider, and ponies are vegetarian for the post part.
It. Is. AWESOME. :3

The surface level of my fort, with an Apple Bucking orchard and military ponies training.

So, I was thinking of starting a game where I name my starting ponies after members of the community, and see how they fare.
Would anybody be interested in this?

Either way, discuss Dwarf Fortress!

Remedy

My Little Fortress is easy mode. I've always prefered playing Kobold camp, although, I don't update all too often, so I've still got a really old version of Slaves to Celestia sitting about.
I've actually been able to work on mini mega-projects with ponies, they're that tough... Though the pegasus ponies always end up getting stuck up on a building roof or somewhere they can't get down from, but they're good for hauling.

Thunder Heart

Quote from: Remedy on 2012 Jun 07, 18:07:12
My Little Fortress is easy mode. I've always prefered playing Kobold camp, although, I don't update all too often, so I've still got a really old version of Slaves to Celestia sitting about.
I've actually been able to work on mini mega-projects with ponies, they're that tough... Though the pegasus ponies always end up getting stuck up on a building roof or somewhere they can't get down from, but they're good for hauling.

Easy mode, you say? I've only been playing for a month or two, but that learning curve...

Oh buck yeah they're tough. I was digging a channel for water pumping, filtering it, and a poor Unicorn was knocked down into the river by the area set for the output collapsing, and almost drowned. They broke all of their legs and their lost horn, but they're happy.
Seriously, they're literally 'happy'.

Lato_Dato

I kinda do play Dwarf Fortress. It's a semi good game. My only dislike for it is when I spend a ton of time building stuff and with one wrong move, rocks fall, everyone dies.  :c
Like when I found an embark with a volcano... I was building a platform over the lava for all the magma forges and stuff. I wanted to channel away a small bit of the side of the volcano, but, it ended horribly. Cue two REAL LIFE days of me trying to get everything so that this one poor dwarf does not die. DD:

Book Smarts

Remedy

It's all but open source. One of the freest games around!

Link

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Go Up