Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

When the final boss spams the strongest move in the game over and over again  :l

Lary

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 13, 06:33:04
What's this I keep reading about shiny pokemon?

A Shiny Pokemon is a Pokemon with a different color scheme and a shine effect when released into battle. It's rare. Like, 1/8192 rare. Really, that's the odds of encountering one. It has no effect on gameplay other than bragging rights.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

LaptopCommandStation

UT '99 won't save any of my settings now(even my bot roster).  Dunno why...

Blues-Music

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 13, 11:21:31

A Shiny Pokemon is a Pokemon with a different color scheme and a shine effect when released into battle. It's rare. Like, 1/8192 rare. Really, that's the odds of encountering one. It has no effect on gameplay other than bragging rights.
However there is the masuda method of breading two pokemon from different countries ((Such as trading for a ditto from a person in china , and breeding it with your american charizard.)) makes it 1/1684 , or 8164 I forgot.Not just that in B/W 2 there is an item that increases the chance of the pokemon that appeared is shiny.

Julius

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 13, 12:31:31
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 13, 11:21:31

However there is the masuda method of breading two pokemon from different countries ((Such as trading for a ditto from a person in china , and breeding it with your american charizard.)) makes it 1/1684 , or 8164 I forgot.Not just that in B/W 2 there is an item that increases the chance of the pokemon that appeared is shiny.

Well that seems pointless. I'd get it if it was super powerful but... Just for visuals? Wow.

That's another thing that annoys me actually. Super crazy low rates of finding a viaual item after days of grinding. Apart from looking good, what's the point?  :l
Purr~

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 13, 15:58:56
Well that seems pointless. I'd get it if it was super powerful but... Just for visuals? Wow.

That's another thing that annoys me actually. Super crazy low rates of finding a viaual item after days of grinding. Apart from looking good, what's the point?  :l

Bragging Rights.

Julius

"Duuuuuuude, like, I just wasted three weeks of my life trying to get a shiny Magikarp, It's like so cool and you're not because, like, you don't have one."

I wouldn't brag about that! lol
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

Here's a personal favorite hate of mine

When you are in the middle of a gunfight, go to switch from your main gun to your sidearm

and switch to grenades.

I really hate games that don't require you to crouch to pick up items/weapons...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 13, 16:06:40
"Duuuuuuude, like, I just wasted three weeks of my life trying to get a shiny Magikarp, It's like so cool and you're not because, like, you don't have one."

Shiny Magikarp is gold, though. ovO

Image from serebii.net.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Only gold pokemon I've gotten is a golden starly

Zaner-Boy

I've been playing pokemon since Pokemon Leafgreen and Firered. I've never seen even a single shiny pokemon. Ever.

lurk852

Hey, it's no sillier than "wasting" three weeks of your life doing whatever else with a Pokemon game.  :P Some people just like aesthetics.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Julius

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 13, 18:23:15

Hey, it's no sillier than "wasting" three weeks of your life doing whatever else with a Pokemon game.  :P Some people just like aesthetics.

Hm, when you're right you're right! :P
Purr~

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 13, 16:08:39

Shiny Magikarp is gold, though. ovO

Image from serebii.net.

that Magicarp looks so awesome o3o

Book Smarts

My first pokemon caught in 2nd play through of Heartgold had the pokevirus  lol .

First time I've ever heard of it

Julius

Pokevirus?

Another annoying thing about videogames is Cliffhangers. For those of you who've finished Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 for example, you'll understand. :c
Purr~

Book Smarts

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 14, 00:52:18
Pokevirus?

Never knew it existed until a couple weeks ago, it's more rare than finding a wild shiny and it apparently doubles stat boosts when leveling

Julius

Thanks for answering so quickly! :]

Here's another one! Getting weird screen tearing while emulating Final Fantasy IX on my iPhone... Or emulating in general. lol
Purr~

Jenzy

I find those Cosmic Clones in Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Super Mario 3D Land to be quite annoying.

It'll just keep copying everything you do. And you can't take a break. Don't let 'em touch you!

Gah, it's following me! Leave me alone! Eek! Everypony for themselves! D:

Deviant

Go Up