Your favorite cartoon growing up?

Started by ChibiGrrl, 2014 Jun 10, 17:25:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Murano

Seeing what some people grew up watching makes me feel old, especially since I'm old enough to have seen The Rugrats Movie in the cinema.    DD:
I did watch Totally Spies as well, I also watched the classics on Cartoon Network and Braceface (at the time I did have braces).   I also watched Sailor Moon even though its an anime but it was still awesome.    ;)

Lync Volan

Quote from: Murano on 2015 Jan 24, 14:43:39
Seeing what some people grew up watching makes me feel old, especially since I'm old enough to have seen The Rugrats Movie in the cinema.    DD:
I did watch Totally Spies as well, I also watched the classics on Cartoon Network and Braceface (at the time I did have braces).   I also watched Sailor Moon even though its an anime but it was still awesome.    ;)
i saw that movie in Dvd when i was little i think...

Murano

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 24, 15:10:11
i saw that movie in Dvd when i was little i think...

I never had it on DVD, I remember I had it on VHS because my sister was obsessed with that film for a while but she would always forget to rewinding the video after watching it.   Another animation I watched when I was very little was the opening to working lunch.

http://youtu.be/46g3SUZXfmQ

Lync Volan

2015 Jan 26, 15:20:56 #43 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 26, 15:24:09 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Murano on 2015 Jan 26, 14:49:05
I never had it on DVD, I remember I had it on VHS because my sister was obsessed with that film for a while but she would always forget to rewinding the video after watching it.   Another animation I watched when I was very little was the opening to working lunch.

http://youtu.be/46g3SUZXfmQ
i never had it too the teacher in one of my schools let it run and some how i had the movie at home too but i really don't know if it was VHS or DVD i just guessed

Post Merge

since my father does not go on here i'll mention it for him
since Popeye was his favorite cartoon :]

the opening i remember was black and white i think :l

Murano

Actually I just remembered today seeing a cartoon when I was a kid about a school in space full of aliens, unfortunately I can't remember what it was called.   The only reason I remember it was because there was an episode where the main characters had to show a new kid who was a nerdy bug alien around the school, they noticed he never ate so he showed them how his kind eats food.   Then he was off ill for a day then when he returned to school he was tall, athletic and hung out with the cool kids ignoring the main characters, so they got revenge by showing the whole school how he ate.   Then he disappeared from the school altogether, and when the main characters found him to apologize he was an old man with a wife and kids.

I don't know if anyone knows what cartoon that was, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Rissian

I have way too many favorite cartoons to list that I used to watch.

As told by Ginger was one. (This one had surprisingly realistic scenarios it was pretty good though pretty sad feeling at times.)
Hey Arnold
Cat Dog
Sonic Underground
My life as a teenage robot.
Megaman NT Warrior
Pokemon (Started watching this near when it was first dubbed.)

I liked a lot of cartoons and I pretty much watched them over and over again, it's why a lot sort of score on my favorites list it's really hard for me to pick just one. There's a lot more but some I haven't seen in so long it's hard for me to remember their name.

Night Pony

Isn't Sonic an anime? He is made in Japan after all.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Rissian

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jan 30, 15:53:31
Isn't Sonic an anime? He is made in Japan after all.

You're thinking of Sonic X I think, if I'm correct the Saturday morning cartoons like Sonic Underground, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog are western made but I could be wrong I haven't really looked into it. The art style for those 3 shows reminds me of western cartoons but for all I know it could have been made in Japan though I think Sega licensed companies in other countries to make things.

Sonic X however was made in Japan then dubbed for America and other countries that I'm sure of.

Night Pony

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Jan 30, 16:16:51
You're thinking of Sonic X I think, if I'm correct the Saturday morning cartoons like Sonic Underground, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog are western made but I could be wrong I haven't really looked into it. The art style for those 3 shows reminds me of western cartoons but for all I know it could have been made in Japan though I think Sega licensed companies in other countries to make things.

Sonic X however was made in Japan then dubbed for America and other countries that I'm sure of.

Could be, but isn't Sonic as a whole an anime character?

CrabApple

Oh boy, I'm a HUGE cartoon fan so this list is going to be LONG. Also in no particular order because I can't choose favorites.

Gravity Falls (defiantly one of my favorites)

Steven Universe (VERY good show, art is amazing, unique characters, fun story. Too bad cartoon network is airing it MUCH less.)

Adventure Time (its a little weird at times but very entertaining if you actually take the time to follow it)

Spongebob (who doesn't like spongebob, I mean come on :P)

Fairly odd Parents (watched it ALL the time as I kid, but when I went back and watched it recently I found it a little immature and annoying, but that's just my opinion.)

Regular Show (super weird but also pretty fun)

Courage the Cowardly Dog (loved this as a kid! The creepiness was something that's hard to come by in a kids cartoon, and all the hidden meanings are fantastic. I'm glad I went back and watched it when I was old enough to appreciate it)

Invader Zim (also one of my favorites! Had a creepy vibe to it like courage did. Art style was also unique)

American Dragon (haven't seen this in forever but HECK YEAH DRAGONS!)

Kim Possible (havnt seen in a LONG time)

Cat Dog (went and re watched an episode recently. its awful X3  but I did love it as a kid)

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (I still love this one, sooo many unique characters, just... everything about this one was fantastic)

Power Puff Girls (heck yeah!)

Angry Beavers (also havnt seen in forever but loved)

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (this one was fun, kinda had a creepy vibe sometimes but overall pretty silly)

Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat (kitties that paint with there tailsssss!)

I think that's about it... I'm probably forgetting a bunch but that's all I can think of for now ^^'
[move=9][/move]

Lync Volan

2015 Jan 31, 05:40:39 #50 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 31, 05:55:44 by Lync Volan
theres one cartoon i recall about a kid and some talking animals and he would always jump inside books or comics
also he had some kinda tree outside his house

and since someone mentioned "Pokemon" i'm gonna mention Digimon since they were both my favorite animations growing up

Post Merge

Quote from: CrabApple on 2015 Jan 30, 16:25:31
Oh boy, I'm a HUGE cartoon fan so this list is going to be LONG. Also in no particular order because I can't choose favorites.

Gravity Falls (defiantly one of my favorites)

Steven Universe (VERY good show, art is amazing, unique characters, fun story. Too bad cartoon network is airing it MUCH less.)

Adventure Time (its a little weird at times but very entertaining if you actually take the time to follow it)

i love Gravity falls and Adventure time i also like Steven universe but weren't those 2010/2012 cartoons :s?

Post Merge

when i was growing up i watched the powerpuff girls and really enjoyed it but then when i saw Powerpuff Girls Z i kinda looked up to it

i can't say much about Dinosaur king i know i enjoyed it but completely forgot almost everything about it theres also a Dinosaur King arcade game i used to play (this song is Dance worthy by the way!)

(i know these are more so Considered anime but whatever DD:)

Night Pony

Ok I know for sure PPGZ is an anime not a cartoon.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Jan 31, 06:08:03
Ok I know for sure PPGZ is an anime not a cartoon.
i don't mean to Contradict you but...
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 31, 05:40:39
(i know these are more so Considered anime but whatever DD:)

Murano

I guess PPGZ is one of those shows that make the whole "is it anime" argument.   All I cared about when I saw it was weather it was good or not, and it was although Mojo Jojo really annoyed me towards the end.   
Although I heard theirs another Powerpuff Girls reboot coming next year.   :)

Lync Volan

Quote from: Murano on 2015 Jan 31, 16:23:14
I guess PPGZ is one of those shows that make the whole "is it anime" argument.   All I cared about when I saw it was weather it was good or not, and it was although Mojo Jojo really annoyed me towards the end.   
Although I heard theirs another Powerpuff Girls reboot coming next year.   :)
i thought that reboot is already out...its hard keeping up with this kinda news here i guess X3
i also mentioned a few other Anime but it seems no one noticed until i uploaded a Japanese opening

Murano

There was a CGI special that came out last year, but I heard that Cartoon Network were rebooting the series next year.
I remember Digimon from when I was a kid and also the arguments with Pokemon fans, but the only other anime's I remember being on TV was Sailor moon and Dragonball Z.    :o

Invultrois

Cartoons. :3

I mostly watch them with my younger bros.
Made fond memories with some of those too.

Adventure Time
- I imagine Jake as Jamie from Mythbusters. Maybe because of the mustache and Jake's nose thing. lol

Spongebob
-This one is particularly my favourite, as i had quite some fond memories from this show.
My dad enjoys Spongebob as well, we always watched Spongebob together when i was a kid. I liked spending time with him back then, but now as i grow older, he gets busier, so that's all i can do, remember. I miss spending more time with the old man.

Regular Show
-Strange, but i like the very subtle message/value they slide in the story.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
-I always watch this with my bro, maybe a little spooky sometimes, but watching it again, now i see the subtle messages and still liked it.

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
-It's pretty silly, and i just love how Billy always gets Grim and Mandy in trouble. lol

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 01, 08:56:04 #57 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 01, 09:18:55 by Lync Volan
some of you must be pretty young to have "grown up" with Adventure time given it was only 4/5 years ago :s?
(don't get me wrong i love that show lol)
Quote from: Murano on 2015 Feb 01, 06:30:09
There was a CGI special that came out last year, but I heard that Cartoon Network were rebooting the series next year.
I remember Digimon from when I was a kid and also the arguments with Pokemon fans
i don't recall "Arguing" with others back then but that may be cause i never talked with others online or anywhere until 2010
or maybe i was using Dial up so if thats the case the only websites i went to would be Cartoon Network or Disney Or Jetix but i could be wrong its really hard to recall :c
but i do miss those Digimon Jetix games :]

Post Merge

i also recall playing online mini games of this :]

Post Merge

vliving in 2 states growing up had its props i always saw other things that did not seem to air in the other

(i know these are both considered anime but the Nostalgia compels me >A<)

Bardsworth Brony

Oh boy, time to show off how old I really am!   X3

My all time favorite cartoon growing up, and even to this day, is The Tick.  It used to be on at 11:00am on Saturday mornings and my brother and I made it a habit to watch that, as well as X-Men the animated series, which aired right after it.

Some of my other favorites are Sam and Max: Freelance Police, Darkwing Duck, and Big Guy and Rusty.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Bardsworth Brony on 2015 Feb 01, 11:01:07
Oh boy, time to show off how old I really am!   X3

My all time favorite cartoon growing up, and even to this day, is The Tick.  It used to be on at 11:00am on Saturday mornings and my brother and I made it a habit to watch that, as well as X-Men the animated series, which aired right after it.

Some of my other favorites are Sam and Max: Freelance Police, Darkwing Duck, and Big Guy and Rusty.
when you said "X men" i automatically thought of "X men evolution" but i bet you meant the older one that kinda crossed over with the Spiderman series

which reminds me...

(i also watched the older one but i find it hard to Remember lol)

Go Up