Skyrim

Started by Remedy, 2012 Apr 15, 00:13:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Remedy

Skyrim topic. I don't play the game. I haven't bought it. I've not even tried it. So, please, don't expect an introduction from me.
But considering the number of posts in this forum about it, I'm pretty sure most here won't need an introduction.

So. Skyrim discussion goes in this thread. Any out of thread Skyrim discussion will result in a warning.

Book Smarts

This seems a little extreme, but okay, I guess it makes sense o_O

Iodine

People were making new topics for everything about Skyrim. I suggested a subforum cuz there were so many threads, but a single thread works too.

Zygrograxgra

If I knew how to mod and had it for the PC, AND had a PC that could run Skyrim, AND now how to make models, I'd do something.
I'd make it so that...
Most everything has a size increase equal to its level. Level 1 would be 1% larger, level 50 would be 50% larger, etc.
Alduin would get a little stronger and a little larger when he takes damage, during his final fight, as well as have more than 2355 health. 10,000 to be exact.
Bandits would upgrade their gear and abilities over time. Some mages would spawn with healing spells, and would focus on just that. Occasional bandits would spawn with heavy armor and try to soak up the blows for their buddies. Some would be sneaky types, and try to get you from behind while you aren't paying attention.
Weak foes, such as wolves and skeevers, would attack in really large swarms. Wolves with 15+, and Skeevers would be like bees in their swarms.
Spriggans and Matrons would be able to heal rapidly over time, and would always heal when they kneel. The more they heal, the larger they get (to a limit, perhaps x4 size?) and the more powerful they get.
Spriggan Matrons would explode when they die, in a blast of the weird green triangles that they attack with.
You could go backwards in Perk Trees, not just forwards.
You would gain two health/stamina/magicka increases per level, not just one.
Skills would start at 5.
Female dragons, which would be larger (about 1.2 times), thinner, and faster (about 1.1 times) than male dragons. They would be aggressive only rarely though, mainly when protecting their babies.
Baby dragons. They would be tiny, cute, chubby, and playful. Appearing at Dragon Dens or whatever they're called, appearing in groups of 4-7 at a time. They would not give souls when killed, for balance purposes. They also would NEVER attack first, and killing them would have the game call you a monster, because they are innocent little things. The nests would be placed in the little half circle the Word Wall makes.
A male and a female dragon will both appear at dragon dens, once you hit level 15. The Male would be on the wall, and the Female would be nearby somewhere.
You could spend Dragon Souls at a large stone at the Throat of the World, after Alduin is dead. They would be spent on upgrades, such as slowly getting small dragon wings for momentary flight, or reduced shout time, or something like that.
Dragon colors would be like the rainbow.
More sliders for customizing, such as height, tail length, etc.
Foes would have higher level limits.
Dragons would be anywhere from half normal size to seven times normal size, when encountered in the wild.
Shields would protect a lot more, while other armor pieces would protect a lot less.
Bears would be horrifying challenges.
Equipment would have durability of some sort.
Having costume armor slots, so you could look like you were wearing something different, or nothing (for you shirtless monks)
Hair doesn't care about the helmet unless it would go through it, and spines wouldn't even care about clipping.
Thalmor would be more than just damage sponges.
When health is below 10% time would slow down.
Faster movement speed, I don't feel fast enough.
Dyes for your armor's primary and secondary colors.
More music.
Giant insects.
I could go on...

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

i liked the songs, at least.  especially this one, even if it's fanmade:

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Goldenrod

I agree that this thread needed to be made.
There were far too many skyrim threads popping up when just one would work fine.

On topic, I didn't like skyrim as much as the older ones because the perks made some paths completely OP and others way less powerful.
AKA: dual summons and dual wield are boss while going pure destruction mage is asking for it

The Wandering Magus

if there were other threads, could somepony just merge the existing ones with this one so that the conversations aren't lost?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Firey

FUS RO DAH !!!
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Iodine

Book Smarts

I tried the battle mage again as an atmer, it wasn't that bad

Ninkon

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=SkyrimMods.Detail&id=46 (WIP)
Shabam!
"It's a mod I made, mostly to entertain myself and my friends just by it's very existence. I hope to include The Fort, the characters, and the quests. Nothing ground breaking or exciting here.

The fort is located at the intersection of Falkreath and Whiterun holds and The Reach (fast travel instantly available). The fort contains all the characters (Some may disappear) an interior and a complete forge."

You'll notice that the author of this mod is me. :]

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Firey

WAIT
Since when was 'Fus Ro Dahtm' a trademark?
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Little Judas

2012 Apr 17, 08:10:48 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 17, 08:12:33 by Little Judas
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Apr 15, 21:38:20
If I knew how to mod and had it for the PC, AND had a PC that could run Skyrim, AND now how to make models, I'd do something.
I'd make it so that...
Most everything has a size increase equal to its level. Level 1 would be 1% larger, level 50 would be 50% larger, etc.
Alduin would get a little stronger and a little larger when he takes damage, during his final fight, as well as have more than 2355 health. 10,000 to be exact.
Bandits would upgrade their gear and abilities over time. Some mages would spawn with healing spells, and would focus on just that. Occasional bandits would spawn with heavy armor and try to soak up the blows for their buddies. Some would be sneaky types, and try to get you from behind while you aren't paying attention.
Weak foes, such as wolves and skeevers, would attack in really large swarms. Wolves with 15+, and Skeevers would be like bees in their swarms.
Spriggans and Matrons would be able to heal rapidly over time, and would always heal when they kneel. The more they heal, the larger they get (to a limit, perhaps x4 size?) and the more powerful they get.
Spriggan Matrons would explode when they die, in a blast of the weird green triangles that they attack with.
You could go backwards in Perk Trees, not just forwards.
You would gain two health/stamina/magicka increases per level, not just one.
Skills would start at 5.
Female dragons, which would be larger (about 1.2 times), thinner, and faster (about 1.1 times) than male dragons. They would be aggressive only rarely though, mainly when protecting their babies.
Baby dragons. They would be tiny, cute, chubby, and playful. Appearing at Dragon Dens or whatever they're called, appearing in groups of 4-7 at a time. They would not give souls when killed, for balance purposes. They also would NEVER attack first, and killing them would have the game call you a monster, because they are innocent little things. The nests would be placed in the little half circle the Word Wall makes.
A male and a female dragon will both appear at dragon dens, once you hit level 15. The Male would be on the wall, and the Female would be nearby somewhere.
You could spend Dragon Souls at a large stone at the Throat of the World, after Alduin is dead. They would be spent on upgrades, such as slowly getting small dragon wings for momentary flight, or reduced shout time, or something like that.
Dragon colors would be like the rainbow.
More sliders for customizing, such as height, tail length, etc.
Foes would have higher level limits.
Dragons would be anywhere from half normal size to seven times normal size, when encountered in the wild.
Shields would protect a lot more, while other armor pieces would protect a lot less.
Bears would be horrifying challenges.
Equipment would have durability of some sort.
Having costume armor slots, so you could look like you were wearing something different, or nothing (for you shirtless monks)
Hair doesn't care about the helmet unless it would go through it, and spines wouldn't even care about clipping.
Thalmor would be more than just damage sponges.
When health is below 10% time would slow down.
Faster movement speed, I don't feel fast enough.
Dyes for your armor's primary and secondary colors.
More music.
Giant insects.
I could go on...

Although I'm not a fan of the excessive growing of enemies, the slowing down of time or the skills at level 5.
But your ideas with those "Dragon Dens" is really great.
I also like the whole stronger enemies at higher levels, because I pretty much walked through
Skuldafn right into Sovngarde. There is no real challenge any more.

Try sending it to Bethesda Softworks, maybe they will take it into consideration for the next instalments or even the DLC.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Ozzy

I want to learn dragon tongue  >.<

We need a Dragon Dictionary  O:

Deviant

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Apr 17, 10:54:44
I want to learn dragon tongue  >.<

We need a Dragon Dictionary  O:

You can find some of the words here
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_language

Chishio Kunrin

I haven't gotten to play it yet. :'( And I won't be able to until May... which is like two weeks away, actually, so O: holy chipotle I can't wait!

My mom and I bought Collector's Edition on a whim while at GameStop one day, after GameStop had taken $50 off. We saw the box, saw the "$100", thought "We have more than enough" and bam! We set up our Alduin figure on our dragon shelf. :3 And I looove the concept art book. So many pages, so much beautiful art.

Also, when I had freetime one day between college and chores, I ended up nerding up my bookmarks by looking up stuff on the Elder Scrolls wiki and bookmarking the pages about what I wanna do when I play. That's right, filly, I planned ahead!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

DXLelouch

lol who doesnt plan ahead and bookmark the games wiki before they play it X3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 17, 12:19:43
lol who doesnt plan ahead and bookmark the games wiki before they play it X3

Some people. :P I even tend to take a look at the little booklet from the game case first before I play a game.

There are so many choices in Skyrim, though, that I don't wanna go in unprepared. I'm likely gonna be a khajit, but then again I've.. always... chosen khajit. In Morrowind and Oblivion. I'm gonna join the thieves guild and probably the Companions to become a werewolf. Gonna work on sneak, speech, and pickpocket obviously, but also alchemy. Gonna try illusion and destruction too. Mayyybe join the Dark Brotherhood. And that's pretty much all I have planned.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Teal Turken

I got Fus-Roh-Dah'ed off a mountain by a Drauger and hit the bottom. I lived but my companions didn't! ovO

Little Judas

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Apr 17, 13:00:47
I got Fus-Roh-Dah'ed off a mountain by a Drauger and hit the bottom. I lived but my companions didn't! ovO
I jumped of the College of Winterhold and the Throat of the World.
I survived but my companion didn't follow.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Go Up