Forza Horizon

Started by Julius, 2012 Nov 02, 17:20:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

What are your thoughts on that Sweet, Sweet Masterpiece? :]

I've only played for a couple of hours and it's PERFECT. Open world freedom mixed with simulation, beautiful graphics and awesome music? Man, I LOVE IT! :D

The fact that I have an Xbox Force Feedback wheel helps as well! ;)

I think it's pretty realistic when it comes to driving, at least with the wheel (And the simulation settings/cockpit camera on). I've driven in real life a couple of times before, and to me it feels very similar.

What about you guys? Do you think it's realistic?
Purr~

Xeno Aura

My Xbox 360 broke a couple of days ago unfortunately.

Horizon was the only game I was interested in on 360/PS3, so I think it'll be an end to console-gaming for me.

Nice to hear it's a good game though. Was wondering if a new developer would mess things up a bit. :)

Nitrouspony

I've only played the demo, so I can't give an accurate opinion, but I agree, that game is fantastic.

Although the simulation is still there, I can tell the game is geared towards the arcade style, for example how much easier it is to drift on those huge sweeper turns in the Mustang vs. Mustang level. But despite that, the game still makes me feel like I'm actually driving. A lot of the Need for Speed games, even simulation games like Shift, are simply flat out through turns while you push the control stick in any direction so that you can be right on the racing line.

So mixing Forza's simulation with the action racing style that it has in this amazing balance of awesome makes it one of the best games I've played. I especially enjoy how they kept the manual w/ clutch and the cockpit camera, those were actually my favorite new things in  Forza 3. :3

I'm definitely going to buy this game.

Go Up